If You Wanted a Paver But Missed the Deadline

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
You can still get one.

I got a call yesterday from the lady who helped me with the Zone paver after they denied the .com part on the last line.

The new deadline to order is December 31st. If you want it as a Christmas gift for someone they need it by December 1 at the latest.

I am happy. By then I will be back to work and will buy my paver. Just thought I'd let you all know just in case you missed the deadline.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2305386 said:
You layed off, Hos?

Brutal times...
Yeah, I did. I have enough to get by for a pretty good stretch, but I won't buy wants in the meantime, and the paver is a want.

I'll be back to work by next week. The Company that laid me off is already struggling to figure out how to do my job. I've had several calls asking for help. I've told them just enough to make them sacred. They were foolish. Their loss.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2305392 said:
Yeah, I did. I have enough to get by for a pretty good stretch, but I won't buy wants in the meantime, and the paver is a want.

I'll be back to work by next week. The Company that laid me off is already struggling to figure out how to do my job. I've had several calls asking for help. I've told them just enough to make them sacred. They were foolish. Their loss.
I was layed off from April to July. There was only one other guy who could do what I did in the company and he left for another firm so they called me back, lol. It at least allowed me to finish remodeling my house. Now it's up for sale, hopefully someone buys it, and I can bail to Cali and leave THEM high and dry this time. :)

At least that's the plan.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2305394 said:
I was layed off from April to July. There was only one other guy who could do what I did in the company and he left for another firm so they called me back, lol. It at least allowed me to finish remodeling my house. Now it's up for sale, hopefully someone buys it, and I can bail to Cali and leave THEM high and dry this time. :)

If Tucson is on your way to Cali when you go you better stop and let me treat you to a good Mexican dinner.

I have a real good job opportunity lined up and even though it pays less than my last job if they call me back I won't go back. The reason...the new job is with a University and my kids college would be free.

Got my fingers crossed.

I also have a shot at buying a Mom & Pop Hardware store. I have to admit, I would really enjoy that.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2305406 said:
If Tucson is on your way to Cali when you go you better stop and let me treat you to a good Mexican dinner.

I have a real good job opportunity lined up and even though it pays less than my last job if they call me back I won't go back. The reason...the new job is with a University and my kids college would be free.

Got my fingers crossed.

I also have a shot at buying a Mom & Pop Hardware store. I have to admit, I would really enjoy that.

Kicking coach? :laugh2:

:eekmouse:

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
superpunk;2305394 said:

Hostile;2305406 said:

Got my fingers crossed.

Best wishes in your ventures dudes...

Just curious fellas, but what kind of work do y'all do??

superpunk

Reaction score
Civil Engineering, bro. As you might guess, people are building alot less overpriced houses and associated roads, utilities and shopping centers these days. :)

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
That's cool, I work at a road construction company that has been a family business since 1924.

I'll just be glad to pay off my little shack I've had since i bought it in 2000. It's neat in that I could probably sell it for double what I paid for it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
aardvark;2305589 said:
Best wishes in your ventures dudes...

Just curious fellas, but what kind of work do y'all do??
Construction. Lately with a focus on Contracts.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2305595 said:
Civil Engineering, bro. As you might guess, people are building alot less overpriced houses and associated roads, utilities and shopping centers these days. :)
FYI, not in AZ on this. You might take a look.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2305392 said:

I can relate bro.
I was let go June 25 from my job because of no work to do.
Thank God I found a new gig early in July,but the downside is that I lost my medical insurance.
Everything is cool now,but my wife and are tightening the budget because everything is more expensive at the grocery store.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Artie Lange;2307120 said:
I can relate bro.
I was let go June 25 from my job because of no work to do.
Thank God I found a new gig early in July,but the downside is that I lost my medical insurance.
Everything is cool now,but my wife and are tightening the budget because everything is more expensive at the grocery store.

Interesting. Wondering what you guys are paying for gas. I just filled up on the way home from my sister's house.

$3.09 a gallon!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2307276 said:
Interesting. Wondering what you guys are paying for gas. I just filled up on the way home from my sister's house.

$3.09 a gallon!
$3.29.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
That's good to hear.

Can't explain why, but the price of gas in South Jersey has been good bit below the nations average.