If you were holding out hope...stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ22

Reaction score
So the offseason fix for our awful play calling and historically bad defense is..... Wait for it... Stand pat! Saw on Bleacher Report that callahan will keep calling plays and according to dc.com kiffen is probably staying too. Hey Jerry go shove your team.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
They were 5th in the league in scoring with 439 pts. Had 4000 yds from the QB, 1000 yd rusher and a 1000 yd receiver and were efficient in the red zone, but otherwise cool story.

Everything about this post is true, except for the cool story part.

Yet another cringeworthy thread. I guess if Im holding out hope for a quality thread I should.... stop.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were 5th in the league in scoring with 439 pts. Had 4000 yds from the QB, 1000 yd rusher and a 1000 yd receiver and were efficient in the red zone, but otherwise cool story.

Not to mention setting a new league record for injuries (at least it seemed like it) on defense.

etw926

Reaction score
So the offseason fix for our awful play calling and historically bad defense is..... Wait for it... Stand pat! Saw on Bleacher Report that callahan will keep calling plays and according to dc.com kiffen is probably staying too. Hey Jerry go shove your team.

I'm holding out hope that you stop posting.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
I'm holding out hope that you stop posting.

oh... one day
I-Have-a-Dream-Wallpaper-Photos.jpg

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I agree, we should stand pat, same coaches, same players. Ware and Miles have been good in the past, and Spencer was on the verge of breaking out, so we should bring him back. Hatcher actually broke out, we should at least franchise him. Garret is in year four of his OJT, and Kiffin won a SB with this defense. We were fifth in total offense, good enough for an 8-8 record, no changes needed there.

Wood

Reaction score

It saddens me to read this board because I see people getting their hope up that the right things will be done. But we have all been down this road before....Jerry marketing machine is working. He is changing nothing. You will get few token 2nd tier player & coaching moves.

Fredd

Reaction score
I am holding out hope for health for the team, because with that, they are a playoff team each of the last two years (minimally)

slomoxn

Reaction score
Offense isnt the problem... its the defense

True but good coaching would take some of the pressure off by adjusting offensive game plans to help them. Parcell did it when our offense was weaker than the defense, the same could be done here to keep them from constantly having to make game saving stops. We know they were not capable of it but they refused to play ball control in situations they had the lead in even though the line and running backs are more than capable of doing it.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The fact kiffins staying says it all. This organization isnt about winning. Just try enjoy what you can this has been and will continue to be a bottom 16 team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I heard about a guy back in he eighties that saw on the National Enquirer that Aliens had landed and were eating all humans. He is still hiding in his bomb shelter to this day.

roughneck266

Reaction score
I dont see how you can give an honest evaluation of Kiffin without having half of the starting defense out there.
Just because you're butthurt doesnt mean someone has to lose their job. I'm not happy about how the season went, but the reality is a lot of it was simply terrible luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.