If You Were Jacksonville

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Would you trade disgruntled Jalen Ramsey, Disgruntled Leonard Fournette, and 3 first round picks for Carson Wentz?

Look at this objectively: What are you going to get otherwise for those 2 players? Neither wants to be there, both are headcases. Let's say you draft a qb this year and it fails. It'll take 3-5 years before you fully accept hes a dud and you have to move on. Carson is ready now. You have a talented roster that can win with good QB play today. Maybe the offer is steep, but for a franchise QB the Jags have never really had aside from maybe Brunell, what benefit is there to say no and keep going 5-11?

Xelda

Reaction score
I don't know enough about Jacksonville to comment intelligently. If Nick Foles will commit to sticking around, he's the best option. Then Wentz should become trade bait but he's injury prone and probably won't command 3 first round picks.

Pape

Reaction score
Would you trade disgruntled Jalen Ramsey, Disgruntled Leonard Fournette, and 3 first round picks for Carson Wentz?

Look at this objectively: What are you going to get otherwise for those 2 players? Neither wants to be there, both are headcases. Let's say you draft a qb this year and it fails. It'll take 3-5 years before you fully accept hes a dud and you have to move on. Carson is ready now. You have a talented roster that can win with good QB play today. Maybe the offer is steep, but for a franchise QB the Jags have never really had aside from maybe Brunell, what benefit is there to say no and keep going 5-11?

Lol. No. Absolutely not. Id give up one first for wentz,provided that it was in the botton half of 1. Wentz has fragile fred syndrome, something the Jags are all too familiar with.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Philly gave up a lot to draft Wentz. They're going to ride it out with him.

If I were Jacksonville, I'd go after Joe Flacco. I know, many of you hate him.
He would be great in Jacksonville. A classic deep ball passer.
Fournette has been given another chance. He has the ability. We'll see what happens.

I like the Ramsey trade theory. His attitude appears to be terminal.
Although a high pick, they don't have much else invested in him.
I'd call the Chiefs and the Rams and discuss Ramsey.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Lol. No. Absolutely not. Id give up one first for wentz,provided that it was in the botton half of 1. Wentz has fragile fred syndrome, something the Jags are all too familiar with.

There’s no such thing as being injury prone, that’s superstition, especially at the QB position. 1/4 of the veteran franchise qbs in the nfl have started fewer games over the past 3 years than Wentz. Everyone is ‘injury prone’.

C42

Reaction score
I wouldn’t give up that much for Wentz and I’m a Philly fan.

Also, they have Flip as their OC now which could help your case. I can see them wanting Foles but I hope they move up and draft Haskins to keep him away from the Giants.

RoboQB

Reaction score
There’s no such thing as being injury prone, that’s superstition, especially at the QB position. 1/4 of the veteran franchise qbs in the nfl have started fewer games over the past 3 years than Wentz. Everyone is ‘injury prone’.

Maybe it's just late, but wouldn't that also that mean he's more prone to injury than 75% of the
veteran franchise QBs?... lol.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Maybe it's just late, but wouldn't that also that mean he's more prone to injury than 75% of the
veteran franchise QBs?... lol.

Sure. A lot of guys haven’t missed a game in years. Take a sack bad and miss a play and suddenly you become more injury prone than a few of them. I’m not try to paint some picture where Carson is a pillar of perfect health, but to label him damaged goods at this stage is a bit of a stretch.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Sure. A lot of guys haven’t missed a game in years. Take a sack bad and miss a play and suddenly you become more injury prone than a few of them. I’m not try to paint some picture where Carson is a pillar of perfect health, but to label him damaged goods at this stage is a bit of a stretch.
It's relatively clear to me that this Philadelphia Experiment with Carson Wentz is an abject failure & it ain't gonna improveo_O

Pape

Reaction score
The dude broke his back. And you think its a stretch to label him damaged goods?

John813

Reaction score
Nope. They can land Haskins or Lock in the draft.

While neither has the same hype/pedigree as Wentz back in 2016 they will be cost controlled for 4-5 years, only cost one pick and both have good upside if they pan out.
Jags don't need an elite QB. They just need someone better than Blake Bortles, who can actually drive a bus. Something that some of the first round QBs could be able to do even in their rookie year.

Healthy O-line and motivated Leonard Fournette should provide a better spark for the offense next year.

Legendz82

Reaction score
It's relatively clear to me that this Philadelphia Experiment with Carson Wentz is an abject failure & it ain't gonna improveo_O

I am concerned that he maybe injury prone but labeling the Carson Wentz experiment a failure is ridiculous or at the very least premature. People forget that foles was labled injury prone before we traded him to the rams. All of a sudden people are saying keep foles because Carson is injury prone. Stafford was also always injured in the beginning of his career and has been healthy for the most part since.

On topic, I think that haul from the Jags would be about the only thing that I would take to unload Carson. That said he isn’t worth that much. Hypothetically he would get 2 first’s and a player in my opinion.

Reactions: C42

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Philly gave up a lot to draft Wentz. They're going to ride it out with him.

If I were Jacksonville, I'd go after Joe Flacco. I know, many of you hate him.
He would be great in Jacksonville. A classic deep ball passer.
Fournette has been given another chance. He has the ability. We'll see what happens.

I like the Ramsey trade theory. His attitude appears to be terminal.
Although a high pick, they don't have much else invested in him.
I'd call the Chiefs and the Rams and discuss Ramsey.

Good pick up.

Ravens shed CAP space.
Maybe a 3rd round pick.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I am concerned that he maybe injury prone but labeling the Carson Wentz experiment a failure is ridiculous or at the very least premature. People forget that foles was labled injury prone before we traded him to the rams. All of a sudden people are saying keep foles because Carson is injury prone. Stafford was also always injured in the beginning of his career and has been healthy for the most part since.

On topic, I think that haul from the Jags would be about the only thing that I would take to unload Carson. That said he isn’t worth that much. Hypothetically he would get 2 first’s and a player in my opinion.
Oh-Yeah?,,,well,
It's most fortunate fer' You, my under the wire philly fan sapper of CASTLE DALLAS forum membership,,,that you wisely refused the utilization in the conjoined verbiage of: ridiculously premature in yer' rabid fandom& hopeful of heart opined beliefs,,, cuz' that prolly would've cost you a blindsided loaded up saddle bag thumping as you exit the outhouse in the future,,, just sayingo_O

*while I know you Philly fans are rather fond of Carson, that CAT just ain't CUTTING IT,,,& after this 2019 season? SHEESE! Y'all should be tingly gleeful were you to somehow finagle a #3 draft pick in yer' attempts to discharge that turd on down river,,,:cool:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

haha, you wish.

Legendz82

Reaction score
Oh-Yeah?,,,well,
It's most fortunate fer' You, my under the wire philly fan sapper of CASTLE DALLAS forum membership,,,that you wisely refused the utilization in the conjoined verbiage of: ridiculously premature in yer' rabid fandom& hopeful of heart opined beliefs,,, cuz' that prolly would've cost you a blindsided loaded up saddle bag thumping as you exit the outhouse in the future,,, just sayingo_O

*while I know you Philly fans are rather fond of Carson, that CAT just ain't CUTTING IT,,,& after this 2019 season? SHEESE! Y'all should be tingly gleeful were you to somehow finagle a #3 draft pick in yer' attempts to discharge that turd on down river,,,:cool:

Wow such heated hatred. I would be careful you may just sound like a “low class philly fan” I read about.

Listen, I do think that it is way to early to conclude what Carson is just as it is way to early to say what Dak is. I am sorry that the word ridiculous was so offensive to you, but I am a fan of the NFL not just my beloved eagles and I do not just look at things with fan glasses on.

Lastly, I come to these forums because I like these forums, there is usually good conversation with great people so why don’t you try lighten up. Life is to short my friend.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Since when is Carson Wentz worth 3 first round picks???

This guy projects multiple first round picks and a ‘haul’ of established players:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/th...foles-force-eagles-to-trade-carson-wentz/amp/

This guys says Saquon Barkley and the Giants top 10 pick this year is not nearly enough:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...rson-wentz-trade-ideas-week-17-reactions/amp/

Multiple NFL pundits on Twitter list deals including All-Pros combined with 1st round picks:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ft...s-jaguars-steelers-giants-broncos-raiders/amp

Even Jaguars Reddit has about half the fans giving up multiple picks, and even Fournette in some of them:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...ealistically_trade_for_carson/#ampf=undefined

FOUR first round picks:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/se...philadelphia-eagles-carson-wentz-trade/amp/3/

This guy says the 10th overall pick and ‘multiple’ future first rounders:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/pr...nver-broncos-carson-wentz-trade-explored/amp/

He would literally be the biggest trade asset in NFL history (seeing as no team with a QB this good has been in this position). Show me anything that says otherwise.

Who thinks he’s worth this? Basically everyone who’s not a cowboys homer.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
So you're claiming that all human bodies are the same. No one has weak wrists, weak ankles, heart issues, weak hamstrings.

Wow. Are you sure you want to keep making this claim? Before this, you had my respect, just FYI.