If You Were Jacksonville

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I accept your surrender

You've already been bodies and embarrassed. Don't do this to yourself.

So your four examples was some sort of justification for you. One of which is Jimmy G that you're considering a vet now lol. That's cool. It's not 1/4th like you claimed. You were wrong. Let's just move on and not make you look any worse.

kskboys

Reaction score
You know very well I never disputed that. It's funny you quoted him specifically, because you two are attempting similar things in this thread. You bother seem to be more interested in going after me than then my posts. Let me explain:

First, read his last comment. It has nothing to do with Jacksonville, it has nothing to do with Carson Wentz's value. He's attempting to win an argument entirely based on the semantics of something I said. Who are considered veteran franchise QBs, and what exactly constitutes as missing games/playing in games and defining who is healthier than who. What if he wins his argument? It doesn't change my point, a good number of franchise QBs get injured as often as Carson. Doesn't change the OP, if Jacksonville wanted Carson they'd give something up for him, whether what I proposed is preposterous or not seems to be of little concern to what he's going after. I concede his misinterpretation of my comment and let him have the argument. Good for him, and then the thread moves on as if he wasn't even there.

Now look at the points you're making, specifically your last 2. Both are made in absolutism; hyperbole. Firstly, you said....

You know I never said anything of the sort. By saying I don't believe people can be expected to get injured, you chose to claim I said everyone is the same. You went from absolute white to absolute black. Hyperbole. But by putting the words in my mouth, you're able to make other people reading this thread take your side, adjust their view of me as more negative. You're 'winning' against me, and it's not longer about the OP. This is specifically pointed out when you mention a loss of respect. Why did it suddenly turn into a personal thing about me? Everyone on this board has made absolutely crazy points, wacko views of the league. You have, I have, everybody has and everyone still likes everyone, But right here, right now, it's important for you to point out that you have respect for me and it's gone in the toilet. I said nothing negative personally to you, and had no desire to go after you on an individual level. I'm only ripping posts you make, not you.

Now this post. Again, complete hyperbole. Of course you could go through every post in this thread and see I never once even INSINUATED one person couldn't be more likely to get injured than another. Bad diet, low protein, lifting weights incorrectly, causing undue damage to the shoulder area. Maybe he runs weird, its bad for his knees, maybe he sleep walks, joints dont heal like other people. I never said one player couldn't be 'more prone' than another, as I said in previous posts, if you can make it all the way into the NFL, you have already proven it's impossible for you to be 'injury-prone.'

Prone 1. likely to or liable to suffer from, do, or experience something, typically something regrettable or unwelcome.

'Likely.' No player in the NFL is likely to get injured. If they were, they wouldn't even have made it to college football. Is Fred Taylor 'more prone' than Emmitt Smith to injury? uncontestedly. Is he injury-prone? No, that's absolutely ridiculous. Even then, I never even hinted I didn't think one person can be injured by something that wont injure another. Why do you keep trying to say I said that?

And yet again, you go after me personally. "I used to like this guy." If I post something that sounds nuts, just say "That's nuts! I'm gettin' outta this thread!" But now repeatedly you've gone out of your way to point out this a personal matter about me behind the keyboard. What in the heck is going on?
I'm not going to read all this, not interested.

You stated that the idea of being injury prone is superstition. Are you now backing off from this statement?

Pape

Reaction score
I’m sure I can find an article on what the curse of the bambino and the goat one in Chicago mean too. Can anyone link the web MD prognosis page on Injury Prone?

a prognosis? ... Injury Prone ... i think some basic knowledge has to be put forward here because it doesn't seem like you "get it", or are being so completely, deliberately obtuse that Warden Norton would be proud ... first of all, it is an adjective ... it is a descriptive, and in this case its used to describe players who have been often injured ... lots of players fall into this category...

including carson wentz ... he knows it... the eagles know it ...

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...d_to_shed_injury-prone_tag_PHI-504428872.html
Carson Wentz Determined to Shed Injury-prone Tag
By Reuben Frank
Published Jan 16, 2019 at 10:46 AM

ap_wentz_carson_1.jpg

CSNPhilly.com
Carson Wentz determined to shed injury-prone tag
Carson Wentz isn't oblivious. He isn't stupid. He knows what people are saying. He knows that until he proves otherwise he's going to carry that injury-prone tag.

He's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he can play quarterback at a high level.

He hasn't proven he can do it without getting hurt.

I realize that's other peoples' opinions on things. I first and foremost am looking forward to hopefully putting that to rest over the next couple years. At the end of the day you play this game you can't control injuries, things happen, and I'm going to do everything I can to avoid those. My hope and goal is to put those doubts to rest.

It's happened two years in a row now, and it's fair to ask if Wentz is going to be one of those guys who's always hurt.

Consider this: Wentz has already missed more games in just three seasons than Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, Drew Brees or Tom Brady have missed in the last TEN years.

Super frustrating. You want to play postseason football, I still have zero games of postseason football under my belt and realize I have a lot to prove in that regard, but I'm confident that I will get the chance to do that and without a doubt the human side of it is frustrating. You want to be out there with the guys and help the team win, and to be on the sideline two years in a row, it's tough.

You can't question Wentz's ability.

Over the last two years, he's 16-8, he's completed 65 percent of his passes and he's got 54 TDs and 14 INTs. His 102.0 passer rating is fifth-highest in the NFL during that span.

Wentz missed eight games as a college senior with a broken wrist but returned in time to lead North Dakota State to the national championship. He missed the preseason his rookie year with a small rib fracture but played the entire regular season. Then there was the ACL last year and the back fracture this year.

It's frustrating. Injuries happen, they're frustrating, you can't control all of them. There's some things you can learn how to protect yourself (from) and those types of things and I'm going to do everything I can to take those preventative measures and get my body right and really just explore all options to stay healthy, but at the end of the day you can't control them and God-willing I'm looking forward to a long career where I can kind of silence those doubts.

Wentz spoke this week for the first time since Dec. 9 in Dallas after the Eagles lost to the Cowboys in overtime, the last time he played.

The Eagles announced the next day that his back injury would shelve him indefinitely, and Foles wound up winning four straight games before the playoff loss in New Orleans Sunday.

Wentz said he could have played at a functional level but he would have put himself at risk if he did - and his play would have suffered.

We decided as we discovered exactly what it was - did my due diligence, got other opinions - that it wasn't the best idea to play with the risks involved. I wanted to be out there, no doubt, but the risks involved and the ways it was ultimately hindering me, it wasn't worth it. Maybe physically I might have felt like I could have gone out there but the risks weren't worth it.

Wentz said he can't pinpoint exactly when his back pain started. He first appeared on the Eagles' injury report on Oct. 17.

He also said he expects to be fully healed in time to participate in spring minicamps.

And he indicated - and this was interesting - that the next few months will give him a chance not just for his back to heal but for his knee to get stronger as well.

Wentz did play 16 games in 2016, so we know he can do it. Now he just needs to do it a bunch of years in a row.

"We have a lot of confidence in Carson and his ability to be our quarterback and to be hopefully a 19-game starter," Howie Roseman said Tuesday.

Wentz has to stay healthy. Because Nick Foles won't be here anymore to save the day.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
a prognosis? ... Injury Prone ... i think some basic knowledge has to be put forward here because it doesn't seem like you "get it", or are being so completely obtuse that Warden Norton would be proud ... first of all, it is an adjective ... it is a descriptive, and in this case its used to describe players who have been often injured ... lots of players fall into this category...

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...d_to_shed_injury-prone_tag_PHI-504428872.html

Lololololol @Aerolithe_Lion

Mr_437

Reaction score
Heck no. I'd just sign Foles, or draft a QB. Wentz is no prize.

Trade Ramsey n Fournette in separate deals to maximize returns. Gain picks, not give picks.

Techsass

Reaction score
Injury prone has no medical definition, no professional would ever use such a term. There is no scientific basis for it, you just made up that DNA thing. It's a loose slang term used deragoratorily toward certain athletes.
I tried using this argument in 2016. Apparently football professionals believe it's a real thing.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You've already been bodies and embarrassed. Don't do this to yourself.

So your four examples was some sort of justification for you. One of which is Jimmy G that you're considering a vet now lol. That's cool. It's not 1/4th like you claimed. You were wrong. Let's just move on and not make you look any worse.

Everyone considers Jimmy a vet. It’s the literal definition of the word. It is 1/4, and it’s more than 4. You’ve actually shown nothing to dispute any of this other than your lolos

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
a prognosis? ... Injury Prone ... i think some basic knowledge has to be put forward here because it doesn't seem like you "get it", or are being so completely, deliberately obtuse that Warden Norton would be proud ... first of all, it is an adjective ... it is a descriptive, and in this case its used to describe players who have been often injured ... lots of players fall into this category...

Yes, that’s a news story about Carson trying to avoid a deroratory term. Here’s an actual news story about curses:

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...n-cubs-repeat/lO5AT37iBo7xF8RUUcIncI/amp.html

I didn’t imply people don’t use the term injury prone. It’s a common term when used around sports, you don’t need to show me a random article to prove that. My argument is it’s a half-serious term. And they didn’t even validate the term, They just used it in a quote from a player.

Hey look, here’s an article from a reputable news outlet talking about curses:

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...n-cubs-repeat/lO5AT37iBo7xF8RUUcIncI/amp.html

What does that prove?

You found the words injury prone on the Internet. So you post it, and since it’s on the Internet, well.... And then you attempted to use the age-old name calling point to show, “Hey, I know what I’m talking about because everyone can see I’m attempting to insult you!” That was your argument.

Last edited:

Fwed

Reaction score
That’s a bit more complex since we won’t know where the picks would be or who the picks would be.

I’d definitely do it for Ramsey, Fournette, and 3 firsts though. Fournette and Ramsey help us right now. We’d still have Foles. Plus 3 firsts for Howie to play around with.

I’m a 100% Wentz guy, but that is a good deal for us imo. Helps us right now and in the future.
Ramsey and number 7 overall are the key there. Not sure what value fournette has. Maybe 3rd round?

Pape

Reaction score
Yes, that’s a news story about Carson trying to avoid a deroratory term. Here’s an actual news story about curses:

I didn’t imply people don’t use the term injury prone. It’s a common term when used around sports, you don’t need to show me a random article to prove that. My argument is it’s a half-serious term. And they didn’t even validate the term, They just used it in a quote from a player.

Hey look, here’s an article from a reputable news outlet talking about curses:

What does that prove?

You found the words injury prone on the Internet. So you post it, and since it’s on the Internet, well.... And then you attempted to use the age-old name calling point to show, “Hey, I know what I’m talking about because everyone can see I’m attempting to insult you!” That was your argument.

I found the article on Wentz on the internet, sure. It was one of the first things that popped up when I googled Carson Wentz Injury Prone. But man, players have been called injury prone for decades, waaaayyyyy before the internet was a thing. its not something i read about last week... its something that we have seen for decades in the nfl

And you keep dropping this curse thing.... man, Injury prone is not "a curse". It is an adjective that describes often injured athletes. Yet you keep trying with the curse thing, but its a false equivalency. the simple fact is carson wentz has not completed a full season in the past two years. And if you want to go back even further he has only finished one full season in the past four years because he broke another bone in his senior year in college. He is now known as an injury prone player because he gets hurt all the time. Its a simple fact. That apparently you have a problem dealing with this whole thing on both an intellectual and emotional level.

I'm tired of taking you to the wood shed over this... Come back at me when you actually have something to say ... with something other than another straw man...

Verdict

Reaction score
Would you trade disgruntled Jalen Ramsey, Disgruntled Leonard Fournette, and 3 first round picks for Carson Wentz?

Look at this objectively: What are you going to get otherwise for those 2 players? Neither wants to be there, both are headcases. Let's say you draft a qb this year and it fails. It'll take 3-5 years before you fully accept hes a dud and you have to move on. Carson is ready now. You have a talented roster that can win with good QB play today. Maybe the offer is steep, but for a franchise QB the Jags have never really had aside from maybe Brunell, what benefit is there to say no and keep going 5-11?

I am glad that we passed on Ramsey.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I found the article on Wentz on the internet, sure. It was one of the first things that popped up when I googled Carson Wentz Injury Prone. But man, players have been called injury prone for decades, waaaayyyyy before the internet was a thing. its not something i read about last week... its something that we have seen for decades in the nfl

And you keep dropping this curse thing.... man, Injury prone is not "a curse". It is an adjective that describes often injured athletes. Yet you keep trying with the curse thing, but its a false equivalency. the simple fact is carson wentz has not completed a full season in the past two years. And if you want to go back even further he has only finished one full season in the past four years because he broke another bone in his senior year in college. He is now known as an injury prone player because he gets hurt all the time. Its a simple fact. That apparently you have a problem dealing with this whole thing on both an intellectual and emotional level.

I'm tired of taking you to the wood shed over this... Come back at me when you actually have something to say ... with something other than another straw man...

This may be the most interesting thread I’ve encountered on a football message board. It encapsulates the defensive mechanism behind debating a point someone may not have a firm grasp on. You’re not trying to actually debate the point at hand, which explain in a second, but instead you’re trying discredit me in some way. You are the third poster who cannot explain your position on this without attacking me on a personal level.

“I’m tired of taking you to the woodshed in this...” That expression is about beating someone where no one can see. You’re quite literally expressing that you’ve been attacking to beat me up through your keyboard.... Why are you so invested in this topic that you need to get THIS agressive with your response? Do you tell people you take them to the woodshed when discussing which receiver to sign as an UDFA? Do you ‘woodshed’ people when thinking about who is the 16 vs 17th best defense in the NFL? Of course not. But you NEEDED to make sure I knew you felt so severely about this now.

And what did you woodshed? I’m just reading through your comment, and it’s the same response as previous posters: I know Carson’s injury history, everyone here does. No one is being taken to the woodshed. But you again skipped around the entire point of the argument; you used injury prone matter-of-factly to emphasize it’s validity. You made no attempt, again, to explain in any way how it’s actually a recognized concept.

Yes talking heads throw it around. Yes it is part of football vernacular. Yes, Carson has been injured more than Dak. But injury prone isn’t a correct term. It’s a colloquialism for someone who has bad fortune with injuries. Perhaps there really is more to the dilemma physically, but that does not make a professional athlete ‘prone’ to being injured. Especially one at this level.

Pape

Reaction score
This may be the most interesting thread I’ve encountered on a football message board. It encapsulates the defensive mechanism behind debating a point someone may not have a firm grasp on. You’re not trying to actually debate the point at hand, which explain in a second, but instead you’re trying discredit me in some way. You are the third poster who cannot explain your position on this without attacking me on a personal level.

“I’m tired of taking you to the woodshed in this...” That expression is about beating someone where no one can see. You’re quite literally expressing that you’ve been attacking to beat me up through your keyboard.... Why are you so invested in this topic that you need to get THIS agressive with your response? Do you tell people you take them to the woodshed when discussing which receiver to sign as an UDFA? Do you ‘woodshed’ people when thinking about who is the 16 vs 17th best defense in the NFL? Of course not. But you NEEDED to make sure I knew you felt so severely about this now.

And what did you woodshed? I’m just reading through your comment, and it’s the same response as previous posters: I know Carson’s injury history, everyone here does. No one is being taken to the woodshed. But you again skipped around the entire point of the argument; you used injury prone matter-of-factly to emphasize it’s validity. You made no attempt, again, to explain in any way how it’s actually a recognized concept.

Yes talking heads throw it around. Yes it is part of football vernacular. Yes, Carson has been injured more than Dak. But injury prone isn’t a correct term. It’s a colloquialism for someone who has bad fortune with injuries. Perhaps there really is more to the dilemma physically, but that does not make a professional athlete ‘prone’ to being injured. Especially one at this level.

I cannot explain my position? Really? I thought it was quite clear.

Here it is for you... laid out in a real similplified manner, you know like i do when i'm talking to my five year old nephew
Carson Wentz is an athlete
carson wentz has played three seasons in the nfl
carson wentz has been injured in two of those three seasons
Carson has been injured in three out of his last four seasons, counting college
Carson Wentz is injury prone

Get it? Got it? Good.

but that is apparently something that you cannot deal with on some level, be it intellectual or emotional. Because you come back at everyone with a screed like the one you posted above. lol. Its not that hard, yo... Guy gets injured a lot, hes injury prone... why is that so hard to admit?

oh and a ps... Wentz's team mates hate him ... rofl

Falco78

Reaction score
I don't know enough about Jacksonville to comment intelligently. If Nick Foles will commit to sticking around, he's the best option. Then Wentz should become trade bait but he's injury prone and probably won't command 3 first round picks.
Those 2 players and 1 first would be 100% max offer

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

Eagles fans argue even when the truth is blatantly obvious..........they did the same thing with Chip Kelly.......even after his first year when he started doing stupid things like bringing in flyswatters and boom boxes for training camp, but they kept trying to sell everyone that he was going to reinvent the NFL......everybody could see it but them.

jrumann59

Reaction score
When did Wentz become Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Drew Brees to garner that much of a highway robbery.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Only young QB worth that is mahomes.

Wentz isn’t even a top 10 quarterback.

Why would anyone give up that much for just an abover average QB? It’s not like he’s shown Mahomes like potential. Or Brady like precession .

kskboys

Reaction score
Only young QB worth that is mahomes.

Wentz isn’t even a top 10 quarterback.

Why would anyone give up that much for just an abover average QB? It’s not like he’s shown Mahomes like potential. Or Brady like precession .
Wentz has shown that potential. He was a real stud before getting hurt in 2017.

kskboys

Reaction score

If you would delve into this and study it, you'd find yourself being amazingly wrong on this. You're completely discounting DNA/genetics. People are prone to various injuries, diseases, etc.. for different reasons. There are people such as Mike Sherrard whose bones were not strong enough for the NFL, making him injury prone.

Some have weaker ankles, some have weaker wrists, tendons, muscles, a person can be injury prone in almost any area, or many.

Kinda fun when you group us all together, and aren't even able to make a cogent argument about this. And your denial about someone being prone to certain aspects is simply comical. I mean, you can look around and a very simple analyses will show you are incorrect, but your playing the stubborn part, insisting on your viewpoint instead of adjusting it to fit the facts.