If You Were Jacksonville

Flamma

Reaction score
Wentz has shown that potential. He was a real stud before getting hurt in 2017.

I watched Wentz play without much of a supporting cast, he looked average to poor. I've watched him play with a championship roster and he looked really good. Heck, Ryan Fitzpatrick looks great given the weapons and time to throw. Nick Foles has been up and down his entire career. So forgive me if I reserve my opinion of Wentz based on almost one full successful season. But right now these quarterbacks I've mentioned are not elite. They are average to good quarterbacks that depend heavily on their supporting cast. Given time Wentz can prove me wrong.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Wentz has shown that potential. He was a real stud before getting hurt in 2017.
Nope. If he threw 5000 yards and 50 touchdowns like mahomes yes I’d bow down.

But his best season isn’t even better than Matt Ryan’s down year this year.

kskboys

Reaction score

Wentz's best season was cut short by injury. His 33 TD's in only 13 games does compare.

No reason that I know of to bow down. The contention was that Wentz wasn't good. That simply was not true, as he was a stud in 17 before getting injured.

Matt Ryan had a 108 QBR this season. He threw for the 2nd most TD's and 2nd most yards in his career. He didn't have a down year. Might want to check your source, as it's incorrect.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Wentz's best season was cut short by injury. His 33 TD's in only 13 games does compare.

No reason that I know of to bow down. The contention was that Wentz wasn't good. That simply was not true, as he was a stud in 17 before getting injured.

Matt Ryan had a 108 QBR this season. He threw for the 2nd most TD's and 2nd most yards in his career. He didn't have a down year. Might want to check your source, as it's incorrect.
Not the same td% Ryan threw a lot more.

Wentz is maybe 60% as good as a rookie/sophomore mahomes IF he reaches his utmost potential .

He’ll never throw for 50TDs 5000 yards.

Hell I bet he’ll never even be 80% as good as that and throw 40TDs 4000 yards.

He’s a worse Matt Ryan at his best.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not the same td% Ryan threw a lot more.

Wentz is maybe 60% as good as a rookie/sophomore mahomes IF he reaches his utmost potential .

He’ll never throw for 50TDs 5000 yards.

Hell I bet he’ll never even be 80% as good as that and throw 40TDs 4000 yards.

He’s a worse Matt Ryan at his best.
No, he didn't. Ryan's top two TD years were 35 and 38. Wentz threw 33 in 3 fewer games.

There has been exactly 1 QB who has thrown for 50 TD's/5,000 yds. Payton Manning in 2013. And the only other QB who had reached 50 TD's was Brady in 07, and his yardage total that year was 4,806.

In 2017, Wentz's 33 TD's was 2nd in the NFL to Russel Wilson's 34.

For some reason, your numbers are way off.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
No, he didn't. Ryan's top two TD years were 35 and 38. Wentz threw 33 in 3 fewer games.

There has been exactly 1 QB who has thrown for 50 TD's/5,000 yds. Payton Manning in 2013. And the only other QB who had reached 50 TD's was Brady in 07, and his yardage total that year was 4,806.

In 2017, Wentz's 33 TD's was 2nd in the NFL to Russel Wilson's 34.

For some reason, your numbers are way off.
You fool. You’re not factoring in Throw attempts.

Carson at his best is Matt Ryan level.

He’s not a rare elite mahomes caliber talent

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Someone keeps moving the goal posts to try and win an argument... :rolleyes:

tenor.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
You fool. You’re not factoring in Throw attempts.

Carson at his best is Matt Ryan level.

He’s not a rare elite mahomes caliber talent
Fool? Weak stuff. When you resort to name calling, you're admitting you've been owned. Bye now!!!!!!!!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched Wentz play without much of a supporting cast, he looked average to poor. I've watched him play with a championship roster and he looked really good. Heck, Ryan Fitzpatrick looks great given the weapons and time to throw. Nick Foles has been up and down his entire career. So forgive me if I reserve my opinion of Wentz based on almost one full successful season. But right now these quarterbacks I've mentioned are not elite. They are average to good quarterbacks that depend heavily on their supporting cast. Given time Wentz can prove me wrong.

Philly was a flawed offensive team last team. They had no running game and piles of injuries on the OL. Wentz has the potential and, of course, needs a supporting cast. That offense should be much improved next year. Howie Roseman doesn't wait for whatever falls his way in the draft. He's among the most aggressive GMs in the league and his track record has shown he's not afraid to make wholesale changes to get the players he needs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Matt Ryan did not have a down year. He had his 2nd best year out of his 11 seasons. The issue in Atlanta last year was defense. Had the Falcons been good, he would have got more attention.

If Dak throws for 4900, 35 TD, and 7 INTs next year, we'll be calling for all-pro honors.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Matt Ryan did not have a down year. He had his 2nd best year out of his 11 seasons. The issue in Atlanta last year was defense. Had the Falcons been good, he would have got more attention.

If Dak throws for 4900, 35 TD, and 7 INTs next year, we'll be calling for all-pro honors.
Great post

Fwed

Reaction score
Would you trade disgruntled Jalen Ramsey, Disgruntled Leonard Fournette, and 3 first round picks for Carson Wentz?

Look at this objectively: What are you going to get otherwise for those 2 players? Neither wants to be there, both are headcases. Let's say you draft a qb this year and it fails. It'll take 3-5 years before you fully accept hes a dud and you have to move on. Carson is ready now. You have a talented roster that can win with good QB play today. Maybe the offer is steep, but for a franchise QB the Jags have never really had aside from maybe Brunell, what benefit is there to say no and keep going 5-11?
Philly would say no

kskboys

Reaction score
All QB's look average to poor w/o much of a supporting cast.

Flamma

Reaction score
Philly was a flawed offensive team last team. They had no running game and piles of injuries on the OL. Wentz has the potential and, of course, needs a supporting cast. That offense should be much improved next year. Howie Roseman doesn't wait for whatever falls his way in the draft. He's among the most aggressive GMs in the league and his track record has shown he's not afraid to make wholesale changes to get the players he needs.

I could not agree with you more. People are underestimating this team going into this season. They know how to put things together in a short period of time and they have the pieces. Barring an injury to Wentz I think this team will show up next season to compete for the Championship.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Would you trade disgruntled Jalen Ramsey, Disgruntled Leonard Fournette, and 3 first round picks for Carson Wentz?

Look at this objectively: What are you going to get otherwise for those 2 players? Neither wants to be there, both are headcases. Let's say you draft a qb this year and it fails. It'll take 3-5 years before you fully accept hes a dud and you have to move on. Carson is ready now. You have a talented roster that can win with good QB play today. Maybe the offer is steep, but for a franchise QB the Jags have never really had aside from maybe Brunell, what benefit is there to say no and keep going 5-11?

No...just sign Nick Foles

Hadenough

Reaction score

You cant put a price on a franchise QB. Wentz has the potential to be an elite top 3 QB in this league for the next 10 years and Foles is just a product of the system. I suspect the Eagles would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for Foles. The Eagles are not letting Wentz go anywhere and I suspect we will see more of the wentz we saw in 2017 and if thats the case he will torment the NFC east.

kskboys

Reaction score
You cant put a price on a franchise QB. Wentz has the potential to be an elite top 3 QB in this league for the next 10 years and Foles is just a product of the system. I suspect the Eagles would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for Foles. The Eagles are not letting Wentz go anywhere and I suspect we will see more of the wentz we saw in 2017 and if thats the case he will torment the NFC east.
If he's healed and a team believes he'll overcome the injuries, Wentz would easily bring two 1sts in a trade, maybe more. And as you've said, Foles is worth about a 2nd or so.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I didn’t know the eagles and jags were in such bad CAP shape. Both teams gonna have to cut or let some guys walk.