IGN gives ESPN 2k5 a 9.4

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
At $20 I'm going to give this game a try, the first person view looks incredible. I just can't stand the ESPN shtick so I'll probably play with the sound off.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
At $20 I'm going to give this game a try, the first person view looks incredible. I just can't stand the ESPN shtick so I'll probably play with the sound off.
If you have a xbox you can play customized tunes while in the game menu and through the stadium PA system. Also, ESPN Football doesn't use any of the ESPN's game announcers they use actors and it was one of the best features of the previous incarnations.

Anthrax

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
If you have a xbox you can play customized tunes while in the game menu and through the stadium PA system. Also, ESPN Football doesn't use any of the ESPN's game announcers they use actors and it was one of the best features of the previous incarnations.

Im so happy they dont use the Sunday night football anouncers. I hate Joe Theisman.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Anthrax said:
Im so happy they dont use the Sunday night football anouncers. I hate Joe Theisman.
Dam you are on a roll, I agree Joe T is a certified idiot.

Duane

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Man, I just bought NCAA. Now I gotta learn a new game. :mad: :p

How is the new NCAA? I thought NCAA 2004 was one of the best games ever.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Duane said:
It was but some how EA seem to screw up the XBox version. To my understanding they wanted to host the games on their servers and when the XBLivers came on board it totatlly hosed up everything.

Also when playing off-line the game suffers from mild slowdown and framerate issues.

I had high hopes for this game but I am thinking about taking it back and trading it in for something else. :(

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Duane said:

Basically what adbutcher said. I have the Xbox NCAA and there are some wierd problems every once in a while. I've usually only played Madden and skipped NCAA so I'm getting used to the slower pace in NCAA. Too many drops in NCAA. :mad:

ChrisFul

Benched
Reaction score
You guys know you can eliminate a lot of the framerate issues by simply changing camera views, right? Try playing with the Classic or Zoom camera angle instead of the default "NCAA" view.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
ChrisFul said:
You guys know you can eliminate a lot of the framerate issues by simply changing camera views, right? Try playing with the Classic or Zoom camera angle instead of the default "NCAA" view.

I play overhead angle and still get occasional slowdowns. Probably not as bad as people that like to zoom into their players. I can't play on those default angles. I just can't see enough of the field and players in the default ones.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
ChrisFul said:
Chris I tried all the remedies and would probably keep it if it wasn't for all of the online issues. Above all else that is my greatest disappointment. I will hold on to it for a couple more days (until ESPN comes out) and if they don’t fix the XBL issues it is going back so I can pick up Sudeki.