Twitter: Iloka Contract Details

LittleD

Reaction score
That cheap and still better than Heath.

He only started 3 games last year for the Vikings. No one said he's better than Heath. He's now part of the rotation at best.
He can't run at all with receivers and has to play close to the LOS. He's a SS with limited skills in the passing game.

Sydla

Reaction score
He only started 3 games last year for the Vikings. No one said he's better than Heath. He's now part of the rotation at best.
He can't run at all with receivers and has to play close to the LOS. He's a SS with limited skills in the passing game.

A few people have said he's better than Heath.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A few people have said he's better than Heath.
TC will provide a much better comparison than the "Im so happy we just signed a S crowd".
I look at it this way, at the very least, Im some what satisfied that someone in this organization finally realized that we need to provide some competition at SS.

DRella

Reaction score
Safety net in case Berry doesn't sign. Cowboys doing their due diligence on Berry medicals, this signing is insurance or even depth for the bigger move. If not Berry, Safety drafted.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Do these contract numbers not make any sense to anyone else?

The way I read it is that his contract is 930K but only part of it counts under the "Rule of 51" that only the top 51 salaries count under the cap in the offseason. It also has a bonus that may or may not be "likely to be earned". I would guess its a roster bonus.

I read that as if Iloka makes the team, he gets $1,020,000. If he doesn't, he gets $210,000.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
in life when u buy something you usually get what u pay for u buy cheap u get cheap

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The way I read it is that his contract is 930K but only part of it counts under the "Rule of 51" that only the top 51 salaries count under the cap in the offseason. It also has a bonus that may or may not be "likely to be earned". I would guess its a roster bonus.

I read that as if Iloka makes the team, he gets $1,020,000. If he doesn't, he gets $210,000.
I think it has to do with veterans on 1 yr minimum type deals. It's been a way for aged veterans to hang in the league longer instead of being replaced by rookies on minimum contract despite being better players than the rookies.

LittleD

Reaction score
I say he's better than Heath.

Really? Have you studied his games when he's a significant liability in the passing game. I agree that
he can tackle and move along from sideline to sideline. I suggest he's not going to be in a bunch on passing
downs.