I'm really questioning the intelligence of this staff recently

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
It came out this week that we would've played J Ramsey at Safety if we would've drafted him. He's arguably the best cb in the league in his 2nd year.
WE Chose Byron Jones. We traded a 2nd or Mo.
We drafted Taco instead of Kevin King or BJ Watt.
WE drafted 24 year old Terence the body catcher Williams.
I don't know. The best pick we've had in the last few years is Zeke. I'd include Zack Martin too, but they wanted Ryan Shazier over him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It came out this week that we would've played J Ramsey at Safety if we would've drafted him. He's arguably the best cb in the league in his 2nd year.
I don't know. The best pick we've had in the last few years is Zeke. I'd include Zack Martin too, but they wanted Ryan Shazier over him.
I feel sorry for ya man.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Just recently? Where you been since 98?
well they mixed in some good picks years ago with Zeke, Dez, Ratliff late, and Ware over merriman. They just don't know how to use players unless they have otherworldly greatness. Thanks to this team, I'll forever hate " position flex". It's ruined more careers than weed.

jay94

Reaction score
Shazier would of been a very good pick I believe we also wanted Donald. We suck at drafting defense. As for Williams we picked in the 3rd round, he was actually one of the better players coming out of a draft that was absolutely terrible, nothing but busts in that draft.

John813

Reaction score
Shazier would of been a very good pick I believe we also wanted Donald. We suck at drafting defense. As for Williams we picked in the 3rd round, he was actually one of the better players coming out of a draft that was absolutely terrible, nothing but busts in that draft.

IIRC we liked Donald, Lynch and Shazier that year. All three went ahead of us.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Don't forget we wasted a 4th on Dak, your least fav player.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I think this is a guy who trolled on the DC.com forums a lot
I assume this an attempt to "Bully" new members that have different opinions. Different opinions make debates or conversations better.
Now back to what I was saying, I don't believe in the creativity of the staff. The Writers on Cowboys.com agreed with this point.
Look at how Julio was used. he got moved around. His scheme helped him even though he was already great.
YOu "had" Dez for 8 years. He's one of the best receivers of all-time after the catch. He was a punt returner but all "they" chose to do with him was run go routes, slants in in routes. TO was a really good route runner and amazing after the catch. They Mostly ran him on go routes. He had a monster 2007 because of his hall of fame greatness and a very good qb in romo.
I hope they get more creative with Gallup and Austin.

Verdict

Reaction score
Some of the misses are circumstance (how the draft fell).

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Does anybody see the irony of this thread?

He is questioning somebody's intelligence.

Londonboy

Reaction score
So a perennial All-Pro draftee doesn't count because it spoils the narrative.