I'm so sick of everyone giving TO crap

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Seriously, off the field he is a model citizen. He doesn't get in trouble with the law. He is educated. He is a role model for physical fitness. He is a business man. He is an author. He does charity work. He works with children.

Is he a perfect teammate, NO. Does he act like a spoiled brat, YES. Is he a masculine diva, YES. He is a flippin WR. Name me a great WR who didn't act like a diva, just one......you can't. Actually, most great players period act like divas. That arrogance is part of what makes them great.

TO makes his share of mistakes when it comes to how he handles situations with his teammates and coaches. Diplomacy isn't his greatest attribute, neither is tact. However, the media, mainly the Erroneous Sports Propaganda Network, crucify the guy like he is a murderer, rapist, molestor, thief, or fixed games.....

I just don't get the agenda. But TO must love knowing that he has such power and control over all these puppets. Gapeto, I mean TO, is probably having a blast as the puppet master and Werder is his prized Pinnochio.

BTW, I am not even a TO fan...I root for him because he is a Dallas Cowboy.....but I am tired of the ignorant and foolish agenda that the national media has towards him.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2487209 said:
Seriously, off the field he is a model citizen. He doesn't get in trouble with the law. He is educated. He is a role model for physical fitness. He is a business man. He is an author. He does charity work. He works with children.

Is he a perfect teammate, NO. Does he act like a spoiled brat, YES. Is he a masculine diva, YES. He is a flippin WR. Name me a great WR who didn't act like a diva, just one......you can't. Actually, most great players period act like divas. That arrogance is part of what makes them great.

TO makes his share of mistakes when it comes to how he handles situations with his teammates and coaches. Diplomacy isn't his greatest attribute, neither is tact. However, the media, mainly the Erroneous Sports Propaganda Network, crucify the guy like he is a murderer, rapist, molestor, thief, or fixed games.....

I just don't get the agenda. But TO must love knowing that he has such power and control over all these puppets. Gapeto, I mean TO, is probably having a blast as the puppet master and Werder is his prized Pinnochio.

BTW, I am not even a TO fan...I root for him because he is a Dallas Cowboy.....but I am tired of the ignorant and foolish agenda that the national media has towards him.
name me one other wr who draws more negative attention and distraction to his team, just one?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2487212 said:
name me one other wr who draws more negative attention and distraction to his team, just one?

I always wonder if Steve Smith was a Cowboys, if he would draw this kind of negative attention.

Really-the few times the camera is on him, he's throwing temper tamdrums at his teammates and coaches, and to boot, like Owens, he doesn't have the best of hands either.

OK-I'm not trying to say 2 wrongs make a right, but at the same time, Charlotte isn't exactly a decently-sized market in this country.

BTW-whatever got into Owens? When Steve Young was his QB, he never threw him under the bus, nor ever did confront him negatively of any sort. He just seemed like a fairly harmless kid to me. Heck-in college, his QB had GREAT things to say about him.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Young had a SB ring and he knew Rice was the man. BTW, from what I have heard about Rice, TO is nowhere near as bad as Jerry was. Rice would whine about touches even when the Niners would dominate. He would complain after his teammates scored that he should have gotten the ball. TO probably learned not only his work ethic from Rice, but also his whine.

As far as negative attention and press......
Steve Smith
Ocho Cinco
Chris Henry
Randy Moss before NE
Rae Carruth
Matt Jones
Chris Carter
Keyshawn Johnson
Plaxico Burress
Michael Irvin

BTW, I can't say they draw more than TO. No one does. That isn't TOs fault. That is the media's fault. Most of the guys above had some serious off field issues and were also horrible teammates. Honestly, Irvin and Carter (Minnesota) are the only two on this list who can be considered quality teammates. However, because they don't have Ed Werder digging through their garbage, bugging their homes, or chasing them around like the papparazi, they don't get the media attention TO gets.

Like I said, TO is not the perfect teammate. However, he is not nearly as devisive as some of the people above. The media is what has made him devisive. If the media didn't try to expose every single instant in his life, there would be little to nothing going on with TO. However, he is under a microscope 24/7. Lesser men would have cracked by now. I applaud him for being able to stay as composed as he has.

I will never forgive him for the Star incident. I will never be a fan of his. However, I do not consider him to be the evil, manipulative, firestarter that the media has made him out to be. The media, ESPN, is far more to blame for most of this TO stuff, than TO is.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Sure, TO is not evil. But he is not a good guy either. When you have two team lockerooms divided by you, its not just the media.

And TO normally comes up small in big games. Its the same with Randy Moss. I have said a long time ago, a team with TO or Randy Moss will never win SB. Now, yeah,I hope I am wrong. But seems like that has chances of becoming true again.

But, really, its Jerry that is to blame. I think Jerry is getting away here. He is the chief enabler. But ax will be on Wade, and all fans and media will be happy after a new coach gets hired again, then its the same vicious cycle.

Nav22

Reaction score
I have said a long time ago, a team with TO or Randy Moss will never win SB.
T.O. came up huge, on one good leg, in the biggest game of his life... and would have won a Super Bowl if his QB wasn't a dry-heaving out-of-shape clown.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487378 said:
Sure, TO is not evil. But he is not a good guy either. When you have two team lockerooms divided by you, its not just the media.

And TO normally comes up small in big games. Its the same with Randy Moss. I have said a long time ago, a team with TO or Randy Moss will never win SB. Now, yeah,I hope I am wrong. But seems like that has chances of becoming true again.

But, really, its Jerry that is to blame. I think Jerry is getting away here. He is the chief enabler. But ax will be on Wade, and all fans and media will be happy after a new coach gets hired again, then its the same vicious cycle.

Didn't the Giants win a Super Bowl with Plaxico Burress? Didn't the Bucs win a Super Bowl with Meshawn?(Remember that year, Meshawn was just as disruptive as TO)

I agree-I never wanted TO on this team, and I'm also glad we drafted Ellis over Moss in '98, but was just pointing out how 2 of our Super Bowl winners this decade had lightning rod players.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Boysboy;2487396 said:
Didn't the Giants win a Super Bowl with Plaxico Burress? Didn't the Bucs win a Super Bowl with Meshawn?(Remember that year, Meshawn was just as disruptive as TO)

I agree-I never wanted TO on this team, and I'm also glad we drafted Ellis over Moss in '98, but was just pointing out how 2 of our Super Bowl winners this decade had lightning rod players.

Ok, but I specifically talked about TO and Randy Moss. They both are deemed HOF caliber WRs. What do Plaxico and Keyshawn have to do with this argument. YOu are pulling something out of thin air.

Plaxico came up big in playoffs and SB, even without practicing. He is head case, but on the field, he is a player and he never calling out his teammates in public. Did you ever see TO point finger at himself when a there is Int? Never... Its always someone else's fault.

And lastly its not about Lightening rod players. Steve Smith is a ligtening Rod player. But would love to have him with Dallas Cowboys. Because, he might get into tiff with team mates, but he will never throw teammates under bus in public or his coaches. TO has done that repeatedly and so has Randy Moss.

Even with all the trouble, I don't recall, publicly Plaxico throwing his coaches or teammates under bus. He is knuckle head, but he is not that kind of knuckle head.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487421 said:
Ok, but I specifically talked about TO and Randy Moss. They both are deemed HOF caliber WRs. What do Plaxico and Keyshawn have to do with this argument. YOu are pulling something out of thin air.

Plaxico came up big in playoffs and SB, even without practicing. He is head case, but on the field, he is a player and he never calling out his teammates in public. Did you ever see TO point finger at himself when a there is Int? Never... Its always someone else's fault.

And lastly its not about Lightening rod players. Steve Smith is a ligtening Rod player. But would love to have him with Dallas Cowboys. Because, he might get into tiff with team mates, but he will never throw teammates under bus in public or his coaches. TO has done that repeatedly and so has Randy Moss.

Even with all the trouble, I don't recall, publicly Plaxico throwing his coaches or teammates under bus. He is knuckle head, but he is not that kind of knuckle head.

I was particularly pointing out Meshawn's antics in '02-he was seen repeatedly yelling in Gruden's ear during games, and he was also a detriment in the locker room. He also didn't exactly put up world-beating stats in games either. But somehow, the Bucs won it all in the end.

Remember the tip of the iceberg finally hit the year after, and the Bucs suspended him for the remainder of that year.

Org1

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487421 said:

I'm too lazy to fully get into this discussion though
I see what you're saying, but Steve Smith is not innocent in regards to that

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Biggems;2487264 said:
Young had a SB ring and he knew Rice was the man. BTW, from what I have heard about Rice, TO is nowhere near as bad as Jerry was. Rice would whine about touches even when the Niners would dominate. He would complain after his teammates scored that he should have gotten the ball. TO probably learned not only his work ethic from Rice, but also his whine.

As far as negative attention and press......
Steve Smith
Ocho Cinco
Chris Henry
Randy Moss before NE
Rae Carruth
Matt Jones
Chris Carter
Keyshawn Johnson
Plaxico Burress
Michael Irvin

BTW, I can't say they draw more than TO. No one does. That isn't TOs fault. That is the media's fault. Most of the guys above had some serious off field issues and were also horrible teammates. Honestly, Irvin and Carter (Minnesota) are the only two on this list who can be considered quality teammates. However, because they don't have Ed Werder digging through their garbage, bugging their homes, or chasing them around like the papparazi, they don't get the media attention TO gets.

Like I said, TO is not the perfect teammate. However, he is not nearly as devisive as some of the people above. The media is what has made him devisive. If the media didn't try to expose every single instant in his life, there would be little to nothing going on with TO. However, he is under a microscope 24/7. Lesser men would have cracked by now. I applaud him for being able to stay as composed as he has.

I will never forgive him for the Star incident. I will never be a fan of his. However, I do not consider him to be the evil, manipulative, firestarter that the media has made him out to be. The media, ESPN, is far more to blame for most of this TO stuff, than TO is.
Of course, being a Dallas Cowboy only magnifies things 1000 times to boot. I'm with you though...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Rampage;2487212 said:

Ocho Chinco is on the same level

Batman

Reaction score
Biggems;2487209 said:

I am tired of a lot of the hate T.O. is getting from Cowboy fans. I would love nothing more than for Dallas to win the Super Bowl and T.O. is named SB MVP.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I sincerely doubt that one of his ex-QBs will be giving his HOF introduction speech.

http://img376.*************/img376/6425/ch21sundec72008064525pmvf9.jpg

The Panch

Reaction score
I know many will disagree, but I could care less about the type of man he is off the field. He could be an organized criminal and it wouldnt matter to me as long he was a good teammate. That's like comparing him and Irvin and I'll choose Irvin.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
The Panch;2487479 said:
I know many will disagree, but I could care less about the type of man he is off the field. He could be an organized criminal and it wouldnt matter to me as long he was a good teammate. That's like comparing him and Irvin and I'll choose Irvin.

Ok, I wouldn't go that far. As long as the guy is not a criminal, i.e. someone who injuries someone off the field etc. I don't have a problem either. I know Irvin and his Scissor gate incident but apart from that Irvin only harmed himself. Now he did hurt his team buy getting suspended etc. but on the field, he was the man.

Personally, I never have issues with people having drug issues. Thats their personal issue. Where it becomes a problems is when then resort to voilence on others.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Org1;2487442 said:
I'm too lazy to fully get into this discussion though
I see what you're saying, but Steve Smith is not innocent in regards to that

Dwyane Jarrett needs to be thrown under the bus. He didn't throw a QB or good player or his coaches under the bus. I guess I must specify about not throwing under bus means, his team mates who are good players etc. Dwyane Jarrett is what Steve Smith said he is, under achieving party going player. THere is no harm done there.

But if Steve called his QB out, then there is major damage done. Or if he called Mushin Muhammed out, then there is a problem. I hope I make it clear there.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Rampage;2487212 said:

I would think Plaxico Burress answers your question nicely.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487496 said:
Dwyane Jarrett needs to be thrown under the bus. He didn't throw a QB or good player or his coaches under the bus. I guess I must specify about not throwing under bus means, his team mates who are good players etc. Dwyane Jarrett is what Steve Smith said he is, under achieving party going player. THere is no harm done there.

But if Steve called his QB out, then there is major damage done. Or if he called Mushin Muhammed out, then there is a problem. I hope I make it clear there.

Don't you remember that fight Steve Smith got into with one of his OWN teammates in TC, that resulted in a 2 game suspension for him??:confused:

The Panch

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487492 said:
Ok, I wouldn't go that far. As long as the guy is not a criminal, i.e. someone who injuries someone off the field etc. I don't have a problem either. I know Irvin and his Scissor gate incident but apart from that Irvin only harmed himself. Now he did hurt his team buy getting suspended etc. but on the field, he was the man.

Personally, I never have issues with people having drug issues. Thats their personal issue. Where it becomes a problems is when then resort to voilence on others.
I agree.