I'm so sick of everyone giving TO crap

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2487775 said:
I think he's a showgirl in Vegas.
he looked like he was becoming a good wr when he played for Denver. but I haven't heard his name since. Is he still in the league?

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2487751 said:
I see your choir boys and raise you divas...

Jerry Rice, Jerry Porter, Deion Branch, Ashley Lelie, Javon Walker, Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, MeShawn...

I'm sure there are more of those out there too.

Why didn't you simply bring up that his choir boys are hardly that. Harrison's gun shot at someone this past summer but he's not high profile so it barely made a national blip. Holt got into a physical altercation with a coach on the sideline during a game but it's St Louis so it barely was mentioned....

jem88

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2487764 said:
I just felt like countering your point. It's going pretty well Jason.
I have to give you credit, that did make me laugh. Touche!

jem88

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;2487803 said:
Why didn't you simply bring up that his choir boys are hardly that. Harrison's gun shot at someone this past summer but he's not high profile so it barely made a national blip. Holt got into a physical altercation with a coach on the sideline during a game but it's St Louis so it barely was mentioned....
Marvin Harrison is not high-profile? Ok.... Anyways, I believe was about disrupting the team, which he hasn't. Terrell Owens has, on multiple occasions, with multiple QBs (all of whom have been Pro-Bowl QBs.) I sense a trend...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
With all due respect, many posters miss the critical point with respect to T.O.

It's not that he's a criminal.
It's not that he yells on the sidelines.
It's not that he wants the ball.

What separates T.O. from the other receivers is that he takes his concerns public, he has done so repeatedly and then criticizes his teammates or ex-teammates, either directly or implicitly, particularly his quarterbacks.

Of all the receivers listed, none of them did those things or the combination of those things.

But what you generally get in defense of T.O. are efforts to compare his behavior to criminal behavior, to minimize his actions, or attempts to draw moral equivalency between other prima donna receivers and T.O.

No, T.O. is not a criminal. But you don't have to be a criminal to disrupt the work environment or be a lousy employee or teammate.

Yes, all truly great receivers want the ball, but you don't always here those great receivers bad-mouthing their quarterbacks in public or acting in such an outrageous way to force their way off a club.

I know someone is going to mention Randy Moss. But one thing about Randy Moss is that you don't see him always running to the cameras to make a statement or having to get something "off his chest."

T.O. is ALWAYS complaining about something, even when he has a great game or when the team wins.

That's what makes him different. And the fact he plays for the Cowboys doesn't help.

jem88

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2487815 said:

What separates T.O. from the other receivers is that he takes his concerns public, he has done so repeatedly and then criticizes his teammates or ex-teammates, either directly or implicitly, particularly his quarterbacks.

Of all the receivers listed, none of them did those things or the combination of those things.

But what you generally get in defense of T.O. are efforts to compare his behavior to criminal behavior, to minimize his actions, or attempts to draw moral equivalency between other prima donna receivers and T.O.

No, T.O. is not a criminal. But you don't have to be a criminal to disrupt the work environment or be a lousy employee or teammate.

Yes, all truly great receivers want the ball, but you don't always here those great receivers bad-mouthing their quarterbacks in public or acting in such an outrageous way to force their way off a club.

I know someone is going to mention Randy Moss. But one thing about Randy Moss is that you don't see him always running to the cameras to make a statement or having to get something "off his chest."

T.O. is ALWAYS complaining about something, even when he has a great game or when the team wins.

That's what makes him different. And the fact he plays for the Cowboys doesn't help.
Spot on.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2487815 said:

What's so wrong with not being satisfied with the status quo? Are you "satisfied" with the current status of the team? We're 8-5 very close to missing the playoffs and fizzling in December yet again. Are you content with that?

TO is definitely no choir boy but he is not the sole catalyst that put this team in its current predicament. I would look higher on the totem pole. There's plenty of blame to be had up there.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
jem88;2487814 said:
Marvin Harrison is not high-profile? Ok.... Anyways, I believe was about disrupting the team, which he hasn't. Terrell Owens has, on multiple occasions, with multiple QBs (all of whom have been Pro-Bowl QBs.) I sense a trend...

Harrison rarely talks to the media. Great player but extremely low profile. Has a reputation as a hard working good guy when the truth is he's one of the bigger thugs in the league.

If Indianapolis was a major market and had agenda driven mediots like Dallas, some of his off field antics most certainly would have disrupted his team.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2487819 said:
What's so wrong with not being satisfied with the status quo? Are you "satisfied" with the current status of the team? We're 8-5 very close to missing the playoffs and fizzling in December yet again. Are you content with that?

I have no idea how this relates to anything I've said. Please explain? :confused:

TO is definitely no choir boy but he is not the sole catalyst that put this team in its current predicament. I would look higher on the totem pole. There's plenty of blame to be had up there.

That may be so. But those things will work themselves out in time. If Wade doesn't get it together, he's gone. If Garrett doesn't get it together, he's not going to be coach.

So what is T.O.'s penalty? He merely spouts off, and both the owner and coach say, "Yep, T.O.'s right. We need to get him the ball." :rolleyes:

Jerry new office nameplate should say "T.O. - owner" because that's what it seems like.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2487819 said:

owens is the match and the fuel though.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
This week T.O took more negative attention than Bernard Madoff....lol

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2487819 said:

tyke1doe;2487828 said:
I have no idea how this relates to anything I've said. Please explain? :confused:

I was equating TO's propensity to analyze and "complain" (as you call it) to him not being happy with the status quo. I figured you would get that...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
djtavo;2487886 said:
This week T.O took more negative attention than Bernard Madoff....lol

& he still lives to fight another day. The thing that the haters don't understand is that TO feeds off of stuff like this. It only makes him stronger.

Another poster referred to him as Geppetto. That's about right.

He's Geppetto and we're all the puppets.

CutMeMick

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;2487823 said:
Harrison rarely talks to the media. Great player but extremely low profile. Has a reputation as a hard working good guy when the truth is he's one of the bigger thugs in the league.

If Indianapolis was a major market and had agenda driven mediots like Dallas, some of his off field antics most certainly would have disrupted his team.

Yeah, thats it!
Make some baseless, unsubstantiated allegations against another team's WR, to justify your apologist mindset towards T. O.!

Pray tell, enlighten us lowly mortals on these "off-field" antics of one of
the "bigger thugs in the league", one Marvin Harrison.

Or could it be you're just grasping at ANY straw, to try & justify the behavioural history of that COLOSSUL PRICK, Terell Owens?

Well, give up some facts!:violin:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2487892 said:
I was equating TO's propensity to analyze and "complain" (as you call it) to him not being happy with the status quo. I figured you would get that...

I missed it.

But I addressed that in my previous post. I said all elite receivers want the ball. I assume they want to change the status quo, i.e., get more balls.

However, those receivers don't go PUBLIC with their complaints. They usually keep them in-house.

What T.O. does is not only does he go public, but he insinuates that it's someone else's fault why he's not getting the ball.

Does Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt or any of the other elite receivers do that? :confused:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski;2487823 said:

One can only imagine how much less media attention the team would've garnered if Owens had ever contemplated embracing an extremely low profile.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487421 said:
And lastly its not about Lightening rod players. Steve Smith is a ligtening Rod player. But would love to have him with Dallas Cowboys. Because, he might get into tiff with team mates, but he will never throw teammates under bus in public or his coaches. TO has done that repeatedly and so has Randy Moss.

Even with all the trouble, I don't recall, publicly Plaxico throwing his coaches or teammates under bus. He is knuckle head, but he is not that kind of knuckle head.

So to you it would be better to fist fight ur teammates compared to talking smack, lol.... Steve smith fights teammate= great teamate, TO basically says QB is a choke = bad teammate, go figure..... better to fight then talk......:lmao2: