I'm sorry but I don't get it...

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I actually just read a thread where a majority of the people agree with the Goodell and the possible 1 game suspension for Adam Jones? Are you kidding me?

This board was up in arms when he failed to take any action against Bills RB Lynch for a hit and run. Those that supported that decision say he can't do anything because he was not found guilty despite charges being brought against him.

Here we have Adam Jones who was involved in a fight with HIS bodyguard, NO charges were pressed and the other party says it was no big deal and a misunderstanding yet some how the commissioner can justify a suspension?

The guys an idiot, I don't dispute that but I see this as another case of the commissioners lack of consistency with his own policies.

nflandbooze

Reaction score
Well before we freak out about a 1 game suspension, maybe we should wait to see if it actually happens? Right now, we're simply speculating and attempting to find the bright side of that situation if it were to transpire (a 1-game suspension, that is).

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Lynch's offense wasn't a criminal thing so that why he didn't get suspended supposedly

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Even though I think the Pac issue is much ado about nothing, a 1 game suspension is not totally unreasonable.

Pac was told he was on his last chance, and without a fine or something, the league will look soft- and that might inspire Pac to greater heights.

No other player would be even disciplined for what Pac did- in the worst reading of the facts. But Pac is a different story.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2326966 said:
I actually just read a thread where a majority of the people agree with the Goodell and the possible 1 game suspension for Adam Jones? Are you kidding me?

This board was up in arms when he failed to take any action against Bills RB Lynch for a hit and run. Those that supported that decision say he can't do anything because he was not found guilty despite charges being brought against him.

Here we have Adam Jones who was involved in a fight with HIS bodyguard, NO charges were pressed and the other party says it was no big deal and a misunderstanding yet some how the commissioner can justify a suspension?

The guys an idiot, I don't dispute that but I see this as another case of the commissioners lack of consistency with his own policies.

Adam Jones is Adam Jones. Marshawn Lynch is Marshawn Lynch. Not held to the same standard anymore.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I agree with your point about Goodell doing nothing to Lynch (or Marvin Harrison to name another) but Adam Jones has been a career trouble maker. He shouldnt have put himself in that position, and just a couple months ago swore that he wouldnt.

If he gets suspended for a game or two, or even the season. He deserves it IMO. He did it to himself.

As I said though I do agree he (and Tagliabue before him) are extremely biased and insonsistent when it comes to discipline actions. Leonard Little is another who comes to mind a situation that was incredibly botched by Tagliabue.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2326969 said:
Even though I think the Pac issue is much ado about nothing, a 1 game suspension is not totally unreasonable.

Pac was told he was on his last chance, and without a fine or something, the league will look soft- and that might inspire Pac to greater heights.

No other player would be even disciplined for what Pac did- in the worst reading of the facts. But Pac is a different story.

I don't think he should be suspended he didn't do anything

SDogo

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2326968 said:
Lynch's offense wasn't a criminal thing so that why he didn't get suspended supposedly

Neither is Adam's which is why I have an issue with it. As Wonderboyromo pointed out, their track history is much different but if the NFL is going to have standards and try and stop issues before they arise those standards need to be held up to the same light for every player.

SDogo

Reaction score
dbair1967;2326973 said:
I agree with your point about Goodell doing nothing to Lynch (or Marvin Harrison to name another) but Adam Jones has been a career trouble maker. He shouldnt have put himself in that position, and just a couple months ago swore that he wouldnt.

If he gets suspended for a game or two, or even the season. He deserves it IMO. He did it to himself.

As I said though I do agree he (and Tagliabue before him) are extremely biased and insonsistent when it comes to discipline actions. Leonard Little is another who comes to mind a situation that was incredibly botched by Tagliabue.

You bring up some other great points, I was sitting here trying to think of recent activities but was stuck on the Lynch incident for some reason.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2326974 said:
I don't think he should be suspended he didn't do anything
They're were no Charges filed, so I don't see how a Suspension is warrented. I had forgotten about Lynch's case.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2326979 said:
Neither is Adam's which is why I have an issue with it. As Wonderboyromo pointed out, their track history is much different but if the NFL is going to have standards and try and stop issues before they arise those standards need to be held up to the same light for every player.

Yea the Lynch thing was a lot of fluff IMO same with Harrison. It really doesn't make sense. The league is showing bias and clearly have an agenda against "troubled" players. I also don't get why Marshall was able to get his suspension reduced.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think part of the re-instatment agreement says anything about criminal activity. It does say "conduct which brings embarrassment to the Cowboys and the NFL."

What he did difinitely falls in that category. You can argue until you are blue in the face, but this guy is a knucklehead, who knew damn well what he was getting himself into.

The mere fact that he has a team of security gueards watching his every move, so that he won't do something stupid says everything you need to know. This a grown man and has to be accountable for his actions, just like everyone else on the team. How many other players on the team have a security detail following him around?

He and We will be lucky if he only gets a one game suspension.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2327016 said:
I don't think part of the re-instatment agreement says anything about criminal activity. It does say "conduct which brings embarrassment to the Cowboys and the NFL."

What he did difinitely falls in that category. You can argue until you are blue in the face, but this guy is a knucklehead, who knew damn well what he was getting himself into.

The mere fact that he has a team of security gueards watching his every move, so that he won't do something stupid says everything you need to know. This a grown man and has to be accountable for his actions, just like everyone else on the team. How many other players on the team have a security detail following him around?

That's so vague and ambiguous

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2326968 said:

HE hit someone with a car and left the scene then lied to police. Nope no criminal act there, and if you haven't been paying attention Gooberhead doesn't pay a bit of attention to what the police do, his own KGB makes the decision if it was criminal or not.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2327016 said:

Agreed. About as unambiguous as it gets.

I hope he doesn't get suspended so this will go away faster.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jksmith269;2327041 said:
HE hit someone with a car and left the scene then lied to police. Nope no criminal act there, and if you haven't been paying attention Gooberhead doesn't pay a bit of attention to what the police do, his own KGB makes the decision if it was criminal or not.

he pleaded to a lesser charge that turned out to be some type of traffic violation instead of it being a criminal offense........

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2327048 said:
he pleaded to a lesser charge that turned out to be some type of traffic violation instead of it being a criminal offense........

Again read what I wrote, if you have had your head in a hole then you don't know but Gooberhead doesn't pay attention to what the police do, his own KGB inform him if an actual criminal offense has happened and that's what he uses to make his decision. using your logic no criminal charges where filed, no report filed nothing so then there would be no reason for his KGB to be in Dallas investigating Pac...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jksmith269;2327064 said:
Again read what I wrote, if you have had your head in a hole then you don't know but Gooberhead doesn't pay attention to what the police do, his own KGB inform him if an actual criminal offense has happened and that's what he uses to make his decision. using your logic no criminal charges where filed, no report filed nothing so then there would be no reason for his KGB to be in Dallas investigating Pac...

If you say so......:rolleyes:

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Pac is a special case and he knows it. I'm fine with no suspension, but he's put himself in this position.