Twitter: I'm still having trouble with this 4th & 1 call

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Right guard, Right tackle, TE1, TE2... All on the right.. and you run a dive left on 4th & 1...So cute.. :rolleyes: Shoot me now...

Bootleg?
RPO left or right?
Read option left?
RB at least takes one step right to sell it then left?
Anything?
Bueller????? Bueller????

glimmerman

Reaction score
It was a long developing run play. A simple QB sneak would have worked. Right over the left. I don’t think the colts even thought they would stop it. Even still Elliot almost broke it. He could see the hole but couldn’t get there or hold onto the ball. Why be cute? Just run the play. And run to the line with a sense of urgency.

glimmerman

Reaction score
As long as Linehan does this on the goal line then your right. And players dropping passes. And the game plan. They try to be cute. Cooper has had great games and yet they focus off of him and use the TEs. And Beez. Didn’t he have a deflection that hit him in the helmet and he wasn’t even looking. The TE dropped 2. Both were catchable. And I think both were 4th down plays. One deflected for the pick and one was a lay up hit him in the hands and he just didn’t catch it. They can try to blame Dak all they want but he didn’t play to bad. I saw a sack he didn’t have to take. He simply needs to learn to take off with the ball when he has pressure and a lane to run. He simply does that and we will have defenses on there heals.

bark

Reaction score
Despite looney whiffing, if Tyron gets out on the cornerback a step earlier it’s an easy td.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is where Linehan drives me crazy. They run these plays trying to trick the Colts when all they had to do is run a quick dive right up the gut for 1 yard and a 1st down. Instead he always gets too cute. And when its cute, its stupid cute not smart cute. He gets Zeke running sideways instead of straight ahead when he needs 1 yard!

The is play took too long to develop, relied too much on the backup offensive linemen to pick up blockers that the blocks down to the left. It fooled no one and lost yards (looking at the play again I am not sure Zeke fumbled or if his knee was down but its irrelevant.)

If they wanted to go outside to the left, then why not pitch it out there and see if Zeke can beat the LB to the corner. Again, they needed 1 yard from the 3 is was not a 4th and goal situation.

I still like the pitchout they run to get Zeke going outside with a full head of steam.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Critical play of the game, IMO.
I hate, hate, hate 4th and 1 plays that go East and West and develop slowly.
I like the formation though. William's stalemates the DT that is head up. Looney and Filo double team the Nose and Dak gets right in behind them. Its gets a yard, very little chance for error.

And the 4th and 17 playcall was awful.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Lol, people cry for innovation, unpredictability, and then turn around and ask for unpredictability....lol
They had damn near 10 men in the box. You weren't lining up and just sneaking it or powering it in.
That play call was dumb. There's innovation and then there's stupidity. Most people understand the fine line that exists between.

Ddisco22

Reaction score

Right guard, Right tackle, TE1, TE2... All on the right.. and you run a dive left on 4th & 1...So cute.. :rolleyes: Shoot me now...

Bootleg?
RPO left or right?
Read option left?
RB at least takes one step right to sell it then left?
Anything?
Bueller????? Bueller????

Maybe it was to fool them..lol
It's not even April

sbark

Reaction score
Lol, people cry for innovation, unpredictability, and then turn around and ask for unpredictability....lol
They had damn near 10 men in the box. You weren't lining up and just sneaking it or powering it in.
Why wouldn't they, we had 3 te to the right....5 oline, 3 te, 1 rb, 1qb....10
4 wide would've given advtg back toward oline and Zeke....dak a lot more options

Ddisco22

Reaction score
That play call was dumb. There's innovation and then there's stupidity. Most people understand the fine line that exists between.
It's just like running Zeke alk the west down field, get in the redzone and put the ball in Dak's hands for three downs.
It's as if he diverts from what is working. In 2016 Dak n Zeke looked good running those RPO's, i don't know why they are trying to make him throw yet aren't teaching the dude anything