Twitter: I'm still having trouble with this 4th & 1 call

Praxit

Reaction score
A Fullback dropping a pass in the end zone. Horrrrrid red zone play calling leading to Zeke putting the ball on the ground.. A blocked FG. Bad pass after bad pass by Bad-Pass Day. An unprepared team that should have stayed on the plane. When you Add that to the undisciplined play, and refs who were willing to expose that, and you have one big "Jinx"
..some other poster recalled seeing lots of holding on DL, not being called. Probably true. When do we ever get a blocked FG? Zeke stop at the GL was huge, mishaps on OL. ...etc. Just bad day.

Dre11

Reaction score
So that you have more blockers. Look at the picture. There are less blockers and more defenders to the left. And we ran it to the left. Does that make sense?

What part of deception don't you get? Teams run weak side all the time. Do you even know what weak side means?

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Right guard, Right tackle, TE1, TE2... All on the right.. and you run a dive left on 4th & 1...So cute.. :rolleyes: Shoot me now...

Bootleg?
RPO left or right?
Read option left?
RB at least takes one step right to sell it then left?
Anything?
Bueller????? Bueller????

Looked like a miscommunication in blocking. Heard Nate say the same thing. Because of it the OL never gave Zeke a chance

coult44

Reaction score
Whiner and complaining for years, just leave and find a new team. What the definition of insanity? You've been whining and complaining getting the same results.

Some of us have been fans for our entire lives. Some of us have invested tens of thousands of dollars on our fandom. Some of us have watched a couple Biys Super Bowls in person. Some of us support the team not only at home games but away games also. Some of us just don't like a quarter century of losing!!!

Then there are guys like you. Fans of course. But guys who just don't really care..

Dre11

Reaction score
Some of us have been fans for our entire lives. Some of us have invested tens of thousands of dollars on our fandom. Some of us have watched a couple Biys Super Bowls in person. Some of us support the team not only at home games but away games also. Some of us just don't like a quarter century of losing!!!

Then there are guys like you. Fans of course. But guys who just don't really care..

Lol...we all have been fans, you think you're the only one who saw super Bowls? But you bit*** ain't doing a damn thing, if it's that bad, bounce!

goshan

Reaction score
I will say it looks like Hunt knew the play. He jumped the weak-side gap. I think Williams was supposed to block him (not looney) but it would have been difficult for Williams to get there as quickly as Hunt broke through.

Looney potentially should have shifted the blocking assignments pre-snap or Dak should have seen how the Colts were cheating weak-side and changed the play to a QB sneak

aikemirv

Reaction score
It was a long developing run play. A simple QB sneak would have worked. Right over the left. I don’t think the colts even thought they would stop it. Even still Elliot almost broke it. He could see the hole but couldn’t get there or hold onto the ball. Why be cute? Just run the play. And run to the line with a sense of urgency.
QB sneak is the play with Dak....

It is a simple choice to me.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Just get north/south man on a 4th & 1 from the 2 yard line. If you're going to bring in two TEs and overload one side, why get cute? East/West seems so silly there.
Because the center of the OL is pretty weak. If you want north and south there, get a DT to line up as FB to lead the way for Zeke.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Can people imagine the reaction if Dak had run a bootleg or something similar and it didn't work? I mean, everyone would be yelling "give it to zeke!" Of course, when we do that and it doesn't work people STILL complain. If the run had gone to the right and not worked people STILL would have complained. Everyone knew it was going to be a run to the right! Had we sneaked it and it didn't work people STILL would have complained. And God forbid we pass the ball in that situation.

It's hilarious to me that many are focusing on the call when the most glaring issues were execution. Looney and Smith in this case don't make the blocks. The play before Dak's pass could have been better and obviously, my 90-year-old grandma would have made the catch like 9 out of 10 times.

But yeah, let's blame play calling.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Wasn’t this right before they showed Zeke upset on the sideline? I’m sure he’s asking the same thing.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Zzzz..... Your agenda laced response has nothing to do with our redzone woes and what we did on 4th & 1 from the 2.
We run the ball against 9 Man fronts.

We have 3 or 4 TE in the play.and we run where it dictates pass or sprint out.

And fail.

We telegraph it.

No wonder.

Direct enough, sir.?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We run the ball against 9 Man fronts.

We have 3 or 4 TE in the play.and we run where it dictates pass or sprint out.

And fail.

We telegraph it.

No wonder.

Direct enough, sir.?
Thanks for the clarification. :D Yes. I agree. That won't get us very far in the playoffs. Can Linehan fix himself in two weeks? Stay tuned.

Lutonio

Reaction score
The play in question along with the ones before it capture some of my greatest problems with Linehan.

First, the offense is boring and predictable. It needs creativity.

Where this creativity is needed is between the 20s. This is also where we most rarely see it.

So where does Linehan try to get creative? In the red zone of all places. Not even just the red zone, but within the 5.

This is where the team does NOT need to be creative. Give it Elliott 4 times on honest run plays (no FB pass or weak side run).

If they had lined up on 3rd down before this with some old school smash mouth plays, I bet they get that 1 yard either on 3rd or 4th.

I want creativity and motion. I don't want it in my 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1.

This goes back to last year's Seattle game that knocked Dallas out of the playoffs. Seeing the team and playcalling that day made me officially give up on the staff and Dez.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If this was early in Mr. Jerry Jones ownership, Garrett, Linehan, Prescott, and many others would not be affiliated with this team. Superbowl victories have softened the old man up a bit. Too many slow developing, lateral plays. I prefer North and South; lateral moves when you have them biting on the North and South.