Twitter: I'm still having trouble with this 4th & 1 call

LovinItAll

Reaction score
It is what it's always been, linehan has no faith in dak to throw it so it's either zeek or Dak running it.

This thread's about the play after the dropped ball on the play before when Linehan called for a pass, right?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Here's an excellent breakdown of this particular 4th & 1 play from the Colts perspective.

What it boils down to it I what we have already determined.. Bad scheme.

cmoney23

Reaction score

Right guard, Right tackle, TE1, TE2... All on the right.. and you run a dive left on 4th & 1...So cute.. :rolleyes: Shoot me now...

Bootleg?
RPO left or right?
Read option left?
RB at least takes one step right to sell it then left?
Anything?
Bueller????? Bueller????

I didn't read through the 8 pages of posts, so I'm sure this was said. But this is an outside zone or zone stretch play... not a dive. A dive is a man blocking scheme were the back either runs off center or off guard.

This was a zone blocking scheme and meant to be run on any gap opened on the outside of the guard.

Now, with that being said, if you'd like to discuss how running a zone blocking scheme on the goalline when most of the front is in a penetrating mode... I'd love to because it's not ideal.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I didn't read through the 8 pages of posts, so I'm sure this was said. But this is an outside zone or zone stretch play... not a dive. A dive is a man blocking scheme were the back either runs off center or off guard.

This was a zone blocking scheme and meant to be run on any gap opened on the outside of the guard.

Now, with that being said, if you'd like to discuss how running a zone blocking scheme on the goalline when most of the front is in a penetrating mode... I'd love to because it's not ideal.
Regardless... Watch the video I "just" posted above. It was an "optionless" play to the weak side which, IMHO, isn't even Pop Warner worthy.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

You're right on every point you've made. Though it shouldn't matter, if you've played football you know that a play like the dropped pass can be demoralizing. It's not an excuse and I'm not giving them a pass. They're pro players and need to get the job done from that spot. I'm just saying that they're human, and I'm guessing the defense had some extra adrenaline after they caught a break and that the Cowboys were a little let down.

We must improve our red zone offense. Period. Full stop.

black label

Reaction score
This thread's about the play after the dropped ball on the play before when Linehan called for a pass, right?
4th and one call

52b7278b-d23b-41bf-8569-f216c870c507_x365.jpg