Imagine taking T.J. Watt instead of Taco

Vanilla2

Reaction score
We'll what trajectory are we at after 25+ years? If you can find a time machine or build one.......yea lets go back and get Watt when he wasnt a steeler player yet, then we can go back and get everyone else we passed on......lol
So how do you think pissburgh replaces worthlessburger? I’m hoping they have a hard time finding a replacement for a good Chicago bear qb search length of time.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cincinnati drafted wide receiver Eddie Brown three spots ahead of Jerry Rice. Every team goes through this. The Cowboys took Kevin Brooks one spot after Jerry Rice. I believe the Cowboys attempted to move up to try and get Rice. Kevin Brooks ended up a huge bust.

Cowboyfanforlife

Reaction score
Cincinnati drafted wide receiver Eddie Brown three spots ahead of Jerry Rice. Every team goes through this. The Cowboys took Kevin Brooks one spot after Jerry Rice. I believe the Cowboys attempted to move up to try and get Rice. Kevin Brooks ended up huge bust.
If I remember it was the niners who jumped right ahead 1 spot of cowboys to get rice....landry was sooooooooooooooo ready to get him, didnt happen....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If I remember it was the niners who jumped right ahead 1 spot of cowboys to get rice....landry was sooooooooooooooo ready to get him, didnt happen....

That’s what happened. The following year in 1986 the Cowboys drafted WR Mike Sherrard in the first round. Injuries ended up foiling his career. That may have been a blessing in disguise because had he turned out pretty good the Cowboys may not have drafted Michael Irvin in 1988. He definitely made up some for missing out on Jerry Rice.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and having the super duo linebacker core of Parsons w/ Watt.......even greater than the doomsday defense of the landry era.....I cringe everytime I think about it Taco bum was selected instead of......could of should of.....but its great to ponder..
We would have had a higher pick and not been able to draft Parsons ..

TheHerd

Reaction score
You are better off pondering the Moss/Ellis debacle.
That one still hurts. But I always wondered why only the Cowboys kept getting dinged for that. He was drafted 21st, and wasn't even the first WR taken. I know Moss was a Cowboy fan and wanted to play for Dallas, but lots of teams could have had him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
and having the super duo linebacker core of Parsons w/ Watt.......even greater than the doomsday defense of the landry era.....I cringe everytime I think about it Taco bum was selected instead of......could of should of.....but its great to ponder..
well, if we did that, hypothetically speaking, our record would have been different, since Watt would have made this defense better, so probably we wouldn't end up with the same players...but its nice fantasy...

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had Watt, would they have taken Parsons or gone CB?

Seriously. People don’t understand how choices impact circumstances. If we chose Watt, it would be extremely unlikely we’d be picking in the same spot with the same needs when we chose Parsons. The same way that choosing Parsons this past year has shaped our future circumstances.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Imagine this thread topic not being reposted every six months. And I bet you thought you were the first to think of it.

Cowboyfanforlife

Reaction score
That one still hurts. But I always wondered why only the Cowboys kept getting dinged for that. He was drafted 21st, and wasn't even the first WR taken. I know Moss was a Cowboy fan and wanted to play for Dallas, but lots of teams could have had him.
Thats why he is still pissed at them all these years......he wanted to play for them badly, and didnt....but also didnt bash the other teams who passed him up either....

Cowboyfanforlife

Reaction score
So how do you think pissburgh replaces worthlessburger? I’m hoping they have a hard time finding a replacement for a good Chicago bear qb search length of time.
right now they are headed it looks for a decent 1st round pick....they always seem to find their man.......or not, should we start pondering now?

ultron

Reaction score
We may not have taken Parsons if we had Watt - I get that they play 2 different positions but we would’ve had Watt, Jaylon, LVE and I think there is a chance they would’ve passed on parsons. It is what it is.

Cowboyfanforlife

Reaction score
We may not have taken Parsons if we had Watt - I get that they play 2 different positions but we would’ve had Watt, Jaylon, LVE and I think there is a chance they would’ve passed on parsons. It is what it is.
Not Jaylon, and soon not LVE....makes this more intriguing......

tyke1doe

Reaction score

And maybe having Watts means we put a lesser value on Parsons. Or maybe we think we're a cornerback away on this defense so we trade our first, second and third to go up to get Surtain?

Think butterfly effect.

Things wouldn't necessarily turn out the way you think they would based on one decision. The decision to take Taco possibly lead to us being in a position to take Parsons. Maybe if we had taken Watts, it would have unleased a set of decisions that would have led us away from Parsons.

Going through these machinations is like ...