Imagine taking T.J. Watt instead of Taco

Silverz1972

Reaction score
and having the super duo linebacker core of Parsons w/ Watt.......even greater than the doomsday defense of the landry era.....I cringe everytime I think about it Taco bum was selected instead of......could of should of.....but its great to ponder..

you can’t pay both. Watt is better than taco no doubt but he is way overpaid for what he provides. I would pass.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
and having the super duo linebacker core of Parsons w/ Watt.......even greater than the doomsday defense of the landry era.....I cringe everytime I think about it Taco bum was selected instead of......could of should of.....but its great to ponder..
They probably wouldn't have taken Parsons if they'd already had Watt. Probably would've gone for a TE.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yogi_Berra_quote.jpg

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No, that wouldn’t even be close to Doomsday 1 or Doomsday 2. Sorry if you missed those decades, because TJ Watt and Parsons wouldn’t put this defense in that class.

Loso86

Reaction score
Can we just not

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Im over it but I will still ponder.....
Ponder away. It is more than worthy of a ponder. It is a classically moronic example of Dallas trying to be too smart. Draft the project with questionable character but long arms or the highly productive “tweener” that just makes plays. Look at how it turned out. In the real world GMs get fired for such stupidity.

DanA

Reaction score

If we took Watt we never would have been in a position to draft Parsons.

Sydla

Reaction score
The result of letting your DC force a pick for a very specific scheme and not taking the best talent that you can find ways to work into your defense.

*** you, Rod.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Imagine we hadn't passed on Brady 5-6 times that draft.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ponder what current players you'd cut to have Watt and his four-year, $112 million contract on the roster. You wouldn't have the current team plus Watt.

Demarcus Lawrence wouldn’t have gotten his deal. Win-win.

bigE79

Reaction score
Better than doomsday? Goh with that crap.

rambo2

Reaction score
If they would have taken Watt it would have changed everything. They wouldn't have had the same picks and wouldn't have the same players that they have today. You can forget your fantasy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The result of letting your DC force a pick for a very specific scheme and not taking the best talent that you can find ways to work into your defense.

*** you, Rod.
We should thank Rod because if not for him he'd probably still be our DC and we'd probably not have Parsons.

perrykemp

Reaction score
yeah, but Watt seems 2 be getting hurt lately, missing games. I would have loved 2 have chose him, but long term, can he remain viable,healthy? We will always wonder what could have been I guess.