IMO Dak’s top destination will be New England?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
We joke about Dak having agents on here but it makes you wonder why someone makes a posts like this and feels the need to post four highlight videos. It’s like a commercial.

He’s not going anywhere that much is obvious, but certain posters only post about Dak and nothing else Cowboys related and it makes you wonder if they’re just fans of Dak or fans of the team. o_O

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is OP a Dallas fan or a Dak fan? Every post is Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak.
:huh:

There are a lot of Dak fans on here who want to mortgage the future away just to pay this guy and celebrate about it. That is their Superbowl.

I'm afraid our ownership is stupid enough to pay him too. They love the intangibles and the jersey sells enough to give him whatever he wants and put winning a championship secondary.

Dak is good for their business. Winning a Superbowl would be better for their business but signing Dak is easier.

I just wish Dak was at the least elite because you could kind of justify it that way even though truly elite QB's who are paid aren't winning championships either.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak would flash something different for NE and might pop off a decent game for them every now and then, but his tenure there would be short lived. I can easily see him getting booed where our #4 fans typically remain silent during those down times.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I hope he does go and win a SB there. It will serve all his haters here right.

For the last time...he was a 4th rounder....he has been a good QB in Dallas...he is not Russell Wilson and that is ok...he is coming off his best year....he is 26 years old....it is hard to develop QBs in the NFL...we should be thankful Dallas lucked out and drafted him

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I hope he does go and win a SB there. It will serve all his haters here right.

For the last time...he was a 4th rounder....he has been a good QB in Dallas...he is not Russell Wilson and that is ok...he is coming off his best year....he is 26 years old....it is hard to develop QBs in the NFL...we should be thankful Dallas lucked out and drafted him

Hey, if the Pats want to give him 40 mil a year and give us 2 number 1s, then I wish him well in Foxboro. But I mean come on.......

They spent a 6th round pick on Brady, who has taken them to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 for them and paid him what? They give him a extension for 23 mil. I mean, seriously, this is stupid on the face of it if you just look at who and what the Pats are as an organization but yeah, if they are willing to do those things, then cool. If that's what Dak and his agent want to do, then I'm OK with it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Cowboys aren’t willing to tag or extend Dak, I can see Patriots going after him as #1 FA target.

Number two team would be Chargers or Tampa.

really? when in 2022? you know he WILL BE FT, right? you live under a rock?

you think the frugal Pats will give up a bigger offer then the tag ie over 30 plus 2 first rounders for Dak?

:lmao2::lmao::laugh:

this isnt fantasy hes the DC property for 2 more seasons of Tags if we want him..NO TEAM is giving up 2 first for Dak plus the deal hes still trying to leverage at 34PLUS

seriously people ge tup to date with the business disde this isnt hopes and dreams of madden football and FF deals..the DC will NOT just let him walk..he will get the Cousins treatment and teams are not goig to trade 2 firsts for him,..

ya think?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hey, if the Pats want to give him 40 mil a year and give us 2 number 1s, then I wish him well in Foxboro. But I mean come on.......

They spent a 6th round pick on Brady, who has taken them to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 for them and paid him what? They give him a extension for 23 mil. I mean, seriously, this is stupid on the face of it if you just look at who and what the Pats are as an organization but yeah, if they are willing to do those things, then cool. If that's what Dak and his agent want to do, then I'm OK with it.
they forget theres a business aspect to this, they are trying to create a interest of destinations for Dak without the penalty, you can not do that, the FT is coming and Dak wont get suitors at 2 firsts and wanting even 34..

if any team offers that im booking flight and having the pen and paper ready as soon as im off the plane if im Stephen..

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Comparing anyone to Tom Brady is just stupid. If Dak's number is $40MM I agree it is time to cut bait. I think with Wenz and Goff signed Dak's number is pretty clear - somewhere in the 31-33 range. Years, guaranteed money, incentives all that stuff matters but his annual cap hit needs to be comparable to theirs. Not 20% higher. My knock is the overt haters of the guy. They know who they are. I wish they would remember what the expectations were and what he has done.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
they forget theres a business aspect to this, they are trying to create a interest of destinations for Dak without the penalty, you can not do that, the FT is coming and Dak wont get suitors at 2 firsts and wanting even 34..

if any team offers that im booking flight and having the pen and paper ready as soon as im off the plane if im Stephen..

I have to agree. I mean, I just can't see any team doing that but hey, if it happens, then I would probably do the same and wish him well. I like the guy and I would like to see him be successful but I don't think that happens if you give in to what he and his agent have said they want, according to reports. I mean, they aren't going to go for 34 on a long term deal and I wouldn't sign him to a short term deal for that. That just means that they have the team over a barrel once Mahomeboy and whomever else signs and you know that's going to be in the 45 to 50 range so no thank you. I wouldn't do it. That's just me thou.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If Cowboys aren’t willing to tag or extend Dak, I can see Patriots going after him as #1 FA target.

Number two team would be Chargers or Tampa.

Since the season has ended both Jerry and Stephen have said that signing Prescott to a long term contract is their top priority so what would make you think the insane idea that if they can't get it done by the day before free agency starts that they wouldn't put the tag on him?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I’m all for it! Getting rid of Dak and the Patriots taking another step back is literally a win win situation. Though, I’d rather tag him and trade him before the draft.

I know one thing, it will be a huge cultural/locker room shock for Dak up there. Not sure if he’ll be able to handle it since he’s spent most of his NFL career in a locker room that doesn’t care about winning.
If Dak is so terrible that he won't succeed in New England, when Belichek has gotten just about any QB to succeed there, than why would anybody trade for him.

The fact you say trade Dak tells us you don't believe in the horse crap you talk when Dak is involved.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Half the fans don't want to see Dak in a Cowboys uniform. I'm fine with Dak staying as long as it isn't as the top paid QB in NFL history. His play doesn't deserve that kind of contract.
Then you have no option, If Dak stays its because Dallas pays him Top Dollar.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If Dak is so terrible that he won't succeed in New England, when Belichek has gotten just about any QB to succeed there, than why would anybody trade for him.

The fact you say trade Dak tells us you don't believe in the horse crap you talk when Dak is involved.
Well everyone here tells me he's elite, so I assumed they'd take him no questions asked. Belichick apparently "gushed" about him, so....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Depends on if Jerry could get Brady on a 2yr deal. Brady excels in a WCO/Timing scheme that aligns with McCarthy history. Let Dak take his piss poor
mechanics to NE. Brady should do real well with our receivers.
Bold yet very true.
Brady would come here and cost this franchise less against the cap on a stop gap if you will, saying Brady is a stop gap sounds strange I know.
When I first started envisioning this, trying to contemplate, just trying to make some rational decision on rather or not this could actually work, and I kept coming back to
the fact that it could actually work.
Im not sure of the implications, so others more knowledgeable can chime in, but can we franchise Dak, sign Brady, and then trade Dak for some draft stock?
I wanted to love Dak, but he just isn't passing the basic eye test with me.
I don't care about stats, I care about accuracy on 3rd and long in a pivotal situation, that's what greatness is all about, not garbage time catch stats, against defenses that are allowing everything underneath because they can do so and still win the game.
As much as I wanted to endorse Dak, he is just not the answer, and don't bother telling me that its a process,, Im completely done with that agenda.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Do you know that Belichick complimented Blake Bortles before the AFC championship game a couple of years ago? It's HC talk. It means NOTHING. He knows more than me, but he apparently knows more than you considering you fell for his trap.
Blake Bortles....key word AFC championship game. Of course he played well enough for his team to get that far in the playoffs and deserved credit which Belichek gave. He didn't say Bortles was the greatest QB or any nonsense. So exactly what trap was that? You sure do go out your way too flip flop and look completely foolish when you talk about Dak. Aren't you tired of looking like a clown on here when you talk about Dak? I know you are smart and have a great IQ of the game of football so it doesn't make sense with the BS you say about Dak. Must be a personal issue with him.