In Conclusion, I Blame Garrett

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Jerry does have his faults. But he wanted Garrett to succeed in the best possible way. Compared to all the coaches that Dallas had, Jerry supported and even treated Garrett like his son. Thus how can you blame Jerry when Garrett had everything given to him on a silver platter?
Because Jerry enabled him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because Jerry enabled him.

That's the truth. As bad as Garrett may have been, Jerry enabled him:
  • Enabled him to have a job he wasn't worthy of in the first place
  • Enabled him to scapegoat player after player, and assistant coach after assistant coach, when the problem was with Garrett all along
  • Enabled him to keep the job years longer they anyone else would have
  • NEARLY enabled him to keep it beyond this season I feel not for Stephen talking him out of it
For as much fault as Garrett rightly deserves for his own failings, Jerry deserves as much for trying to keep him and make work what never was.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Jerry does have his faults. But he wanted Garrett to succeed in the best possible way. Compared to all the coaches that Dallas had, Jerry supported and even treated Garrett like his son. Thus how can you blame Jerry when Garrett had everything given to him on a silver platter?
Jerry enabled a guy and hung on to that guy for a decade - wasting talent and more importantly the time in hope that he would transform into a HC. Truth is that you either have the leadership to lead a team as a HC or you don't. I've never seen an example of a guy who learned that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s a coach so he’s going to be somewhat sympathetic to coaching and holds execution as a big part of the problem

he’s not completely wrong but when it happens year in and year out there’s more to the story

This quote from Bill Walsh, one of the greatest coaches of all time, sums up exactly what the Garrett era was:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Isn't it? It sums up the differences between good and bad coaching perfectly.

And what I've said about Garrett for years now.

Maybe it will finally register with people still trying to make excuses for him?
Gonna go out on a limb and say the answer to that is "no". People have a very hard time changing their opinion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gonna go out on a limb and say the answer to that is "no". People have a very hard time changing their opinion.

More like admitting they were wrong. Even after reality has slapped them in the face with the facts