In memory of those “Pet cats” of the past

js66

Reaction score
Watkins
AOA
Scarbrough - thought he was a Jerome Bettis, Marion Barber, Brandon Jacobs back.
Rico - To this day I think he would have worked with Romo or other places around the league.
Randy Gregory - has time left. Couldn’t believe he slipped to us.
Cole Beasley - he’s Amendola/Welker! Turned out ok.

Mike White - wasn’t my pick but didn’t people love him?

Another team but when this subject comes up I always think of James Hardy. Wanted that guy to be a Cowboy. Drafted in the 2nd round by Buffalo. WR, 6ft 6” Passed away a few years ago. RIP

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope too! I really think the former staff just could not manage their bench players very well. They couldn't find ANY opportunity AT ALL to play Rush? EVen with Dak injured and MAY have cost them the game?

Devin got game....Coop, Gallup, CD, and Devin is fearsome!

As the roster stands now, they'll have to play Smith a significant amount just to spell the top 3. He's the only backup with significant NFL snaps or competence.

We could go full track team with Coop, Gallup, Lamb, Devin and Pollard at RB, though what I'd most like to see is Zeke, Pollard as RB/WR, Coop, Gallup, Lamb. I'm a big fan of a multiple run threat offense, and that should include Dak. Adding more west coast principles is more, while the legitimate deep threats at WR keep teams from stacking the box. Attack *all* the field. Smith would still be needed in relief for the WRs as a deep threat.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I had a personal pet cat back in the summer of 04.

Kalen Thornton. He looked like a prototypical OLB in a 3-4 and Parcells wanted to get to the 3-4 asap but did not have the personnel yet to do it. Vince Wilfork went off the board a few picks before Dallas could get him and that delayed the 3-4 another year.

anyway, thornton had a knee issue which I think was similar to Justin Berriault the next year and could not play, I remember parcells telling berriault not to play even though he maybe could for a season or two because he could really hurt himself.

i was ready to see the 3-4 and bradie james take over one of the middle linebacker spots.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Don’t forget about Devonte Holloman.

He was really coming into his own his rookie season and had the looks of being one of our future starting linebackers for years to come.

A neck issue robbed him of his career.

He’s still only 29 years old.