In the playoffs who is Dak better than?

Steve007

Reaction score
What has Burrow done? You Dak haters need to look at the bigger picture.
Burrow was sacked a record 9 times and still threw for 348 yards. He has a bad OLine and still played lights out. Just think if he had a good OLine.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Burrow was sacked a record 9 times and still threw for 348 yards. He has a bad OLine and still played lights out. Just think if he had a good OLine.
Yeah, a bunch of fields resulting in 19 points - what an elite game! Must be nice to not need multiple touchdowns when the defense holds the opponent to 16.

Steve007

Reaction score
Yeah, a bunch of fields resulting in 19 points - what an elite game! Must be nice to not need multiple touchdowns when the defense holds the opponent to 16.
LOL at least he didn't run out the clock on his own team. He had 348 years and got sacked 9 times. He has a bad OLine but overcame it. Going somewhere Dak will never go.....one game from the Superbowl in his 2nd year.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
LOL at least he didn't run out the clock on his own team. He had 348 years and got sacked 9 times. He has a bad OLine but overcame it. Going somewhere Dak will never go.....one game from the Superbowl in his 2nd year.

I don’t have time to argue with people that make statements like this. I’ve seen worse QBs than Dak win Super Bowls/make it far because their team was actually good.

I don’t think Dak wins a Super Bowl here because our team is a sham. We have our money invested in the wrong areas (RB, WR, overpaying a DL who misses significant time, and yes even our QB is overpaid). We also commit too many penalties that aren’t even Dak’s fault, wiping out huge plays and putting us in long distance situations that don’t play into our strengths.

Since you like playoff stats so much, how about Dak and the offense putting up 35 points vs Green Bay and still losing (his first time in the playoffs)? I guess we can totally blame our offense for that loss huh? Not the defense allowing 38 points, including the game-sealing drive with under a minute remaining. :rolleyes:

Even looking outside Dallas games, look at Josh Allen this past weekend. Dude played as clutch as you could possibly want in the 4th Q vs Kansas City, taking the lead with only 13 seconds left (he only had a minute left when the drive started)… his Bills still lost. Why? Dumb coaching decisions (not attempting to land the kickoff inbounds) and bad defense at the end.

Steve007

Reaction score
I don’t have time to argue with people that make statements like this. I’ve seen worse QBs than Dak win Super Bowls/make it far because their team was actually good.

I don’t think Dak wins a Super Bowl here because our team is a sham. We have our money invested in the wrong areas (RB, WR, overpaying a DL who misses significant time, and yes even our QB is overpaid). We also commit too many penalties that aren’t even Dak’s fault, wiping out huge plays and putting us in long distance situations that don’t play into our strengths.

Since you like playoff stats so much, how about Dak and the offense putting up 35 points vs Green Bay and still losing (his first time in the playoffs)? I guess we can totally blame our offense for that loss huh? Not the defense allowing 38 points, including the game-sealing drive with under a minute remaining. :rolleyes:

Even looking outside Dallas games, look at Josh Allen this past weekend. Dude played as clutch as you could possibly want in the 4th Q vs Kansas City, taking the lead with only 13 seconds left (he only had a minute left when the drive started)… his Bills still lost. Why? Dumb coaching decisions (not attempting to land the kickoff inbounds) and bad defense at the end.
Josh Allen is a top tier QB. Joe Burro is headed that way. You can win with a average QB and teams have, but they wern't paying them like a top 3. The cowboys could compete with Dak if he wasn't taking a big percentage of the cap. Some will say the cap will go up and it will, but do you think Dak isn't going to ask for more after his contract is up? You will start to see repercussions from the bad contracts this offseason.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
We don't know that, and there's no way to prove that.
We have to work with what we do know.
If I'm a betting man I bet coaching is the problem. At least Romo had Big Tuna to straighten his butt out. Who has Dak had??? Garrett:facepalm: Kellen Moore:lmao:. Would any other GM want these two coaching their young quarterback? I'd say they would not. Dak was playing way better when Kitna was here. Moore isn't going to get no HC job. Teams know that he's not nowhere near ready for even a top OC job. Garrett is out the league. So yea....this isn't even an argument at this point. Dak deserved better from Jerry.

Steve007

Reaction score
If I'm a betting man I bet coaching is the problem. At least Romo had Big Tuna to straighten his butt out. Who has Dak had??? Garrett:facepalm: Kellen Moore:lmao:. Would any other GM want these two coaching a young quarterback? I'd say "NO". Moore isn't going to get no HC job. Teams know that he's not nowhere near ready for even a top OC job. Garrett is out the league. So yea....this isn't even an argument at this point.
I was hoping Moore would get head coaching job somewhere else, but then I thought it would't matter. The only problem is with him staying Jerry could eventually make him head coach and we would have Jason Garrett 2.0 for 10 years.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Josh Allen is a top tier QB. Joe Burro is headed that way. You can win with a average QB and teams have, but they wern't paying them like a top 3. The cowboys could compete with Dak if he wasn't taking a big percentage of the cap. Some will say the cap will go up and it will, but do you think Dak isn't going to ask for more after his contract is up? You will start to see repercussions from the bad contracts this offseason.
I always have acknowledged that Dak got overpaid. Unfortunately that limits our ability to build around him and support his weaknesses, like you said.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If I'm a betting man I bet coaching is the problem. At least Romo had Big Tuna to straighten his butt out. Who has Dak had??? Garrett:facepalm: Kellen Moore:lmao:. Would any other GM want these two coaching their young quarterback? I'd say they would not. Dak was playing way better when Kitna was here. Moore isn't going to get no HC job. Teams know that he's not nowhere near ready for even a top OC job. Garrett is out the league. So yea....this isn't even an argument at this point. Dak deserved better from Jerry.
Well, I do agree with that. We need better coaching.
I think it's abominable and a waste of time to have Kellen Moore learn on the job with the most popular franchise in the world, especially with this offensive talent. I've used this analogy before, but it's like entrusting a Indy 500 race car to a kid who just got his learner's permit. He has absolutely NO idea how to drive such a car to get the most out of it beyond being reckless.
And I still don't know what Mike McCarthy does to make a positive difference in a game.
So absent Jerry Jones stepping down, I guess we have to hope he hires a competent coach and a competent staff who can win DESPITE Jerry and the culture he has established.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tannehill was not very good this year. Down year for him
Hurts is not there yet…if he ever will be.
Jimmy G has his moments but …no
Big Ben is way, way past his prime.