In TO we trust - Romos blues

gazjor1

Reaction score
Sorry if im behind on his - ive just caught the postgame interviews on NFL.com

What do we make of TOs chat about " im more than #81, and the star on my helmet" . Is he admitting to his outburst last week being out of place - and this was his way of saying sorry , moving on and all that....

Also throghout the game last night we saw that almost haunted look on Romos face that has been there pretty much all season, now i understand that he carries the weight of the team every time he staeps out to play, but we need him to have that happy-go-lucky attitude to his game again, it was fun it made the team fun to wtach. As he rightly said the upshot is a win is win no matter how ugly.
Would i be too harsh to ask for the fun back???

fortdick

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2313273 said:
Is it safe to say that Romo has lost the swagger?

I think what we see is a maturing process. Romo now understands what is expected of him and is disappointed when he doesn't live up to it. This will make him better.

Remember the 5 picks against Buffalo? His attitude after that was humble, but cocky. He admitted a bad game, but did what was necessary to win. I didn't think at the time he took his performance that seriously. I see that, now, he does take it seriously when he has a substandard performance.

I think the picks and turnovers are reallys starting to annoy him, and that is good. He will start playing a little more conservatively by not forcing the ball into coverage.

I think we are seeing the maturation of Tony Romo.

superpunk

Reaction score

seniorette

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2313273 said:
Is it safe to say that Romo has lost the swagger?

No I think it is safe to say that he is just as Jerry Jones described him.
"A more mature young man than he was a year ago".
I think he has learned a hard lesson.
That any move he makes is going to be jumped on by the MEDIA.
His personal life,
His "look"
His demeanor
His smile
How he holds his head
Who he talks to
REALLY!! the guy can't move without some body --itching.
What I got from the after game press conference was Kiss my butt I'm not apologizing!
That was putting it nicely I thought.
He should just spit in there eye, they are not going to speak kindly of him anyway.

How happy would we be to get up every morning and find some body else analyzing our every move.? I'm surprised he is even sane much less have any happy swagger ...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Garrett and Romo need to get in that film room and do work. 2 games this year already they've let teams basically take T.O. out of the game. we need to figure out the problem asap.

ddh33

Reaction score
The team looks drained emotionally. Playing in Dallas, with these fans, with this media, with this ridiculous expectations, I think I would be feeling a little drained too. A lot of people are taking the fun out of the game. When you aren't even allowed to enjoy a nice win, something is wrong.

Boysboy

Reaction score
ddh33;2313325 said:
The team looks drained emotionally. Playing in Dallas, with these fans, with this media, with this ridiculous expectations, I think I would be feeling a little drained too. A lot of people are taking the fun out of the game. When you aren't even allowed to enjoy a nice win, something is wrong.

Yah-this isn't the first time we haven't been able to enjoy a win. It's been like this for YEARS.

Come Monday morning, these DFW media guys are just UNBEARABLE.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I believe ROMO is doing a great job.......he77 he threw for 3 tds

dre1614

Reaction score
Rampage;2313318 said:
Garrett and Romo need to get in that film room and do work. 2 games this year already they've let teams basically take T.O. out of the game. we need to figure out the problem asap.

Its easy to take a WR out of the game if you really want to.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It seemed to me in the post game that both Romo and Wade were getting a little tired of some of the standard line of questioning. I do have to wonder if they're getting a little tired, already, with the media perception and the ridiculas expectations of blowouts, mainly by the fans, and such.

I think Romo will be just fine though and I don't think he's lost any of his swagger or confidence.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Romo looked pretty happy after those TD passes. He was jumping into the lineman's arms, etc.

People are reading too much into this whole attitude thing.

ddh33

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2313673 said:
Romo looked pretty happy after those TD passes. He was jumping into the lineman's arms, etc.

People are reading too much into this whole attitude thing.

I think that only further proves the point. On the field, where the score matters more than style points, Romo and Wade seem comfortable. Off the field, where the only thing that matters is how much you win by, those guys seem to be frustrated and beaten down by the tone of the fans and media.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
seniorette;2313308 said:
His personal life,
His "look"
His demeanor
His smile
How he holds his head
Who he talks to
What I got from the after game press conference was Kiss my butt I'm not apologizing!
He should just spit in there eye, they are not going to speak kindly of him anyway.

How happy would we be to get up every morning and find some body else analyzing our every move.? I'm surprised he is even sane much less have any happy swagger ...
:hammer:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Each player handles a given situation in his own way.

Eli Manning has one of the most annoying body language and "ahh shucks" attitude I have ever seen, but yet he's been doing alot of winning lately.

I think folks should stick to analyzing his play on the field and the comments he makes and leave the body language analysis to Bill O'Reilly :laugh2: .

timetopass

Reaction score
seniorette;2313308 said:
His personal life,
His "look"
His demeanor
His smile
How he holds his head
Who he talks to

Seniorette I am actually going to agree with you on this post.:) Well done.

The man has to be able to breathe.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
last season he was care free having fun and relaxed.....he then got attacked for not being serious enough........this season he is trying to be more professional with his demeanor...............and well you know now he gets attacked for that......he cant win with this fanbase and media.......he'll never be good enough no matter how many Cowboy records he breaks or how many games he wins (which by the way is alot) or his QB rating (which is 100.5 )...its really kinda sad.....this town would crucify Tom Brady

alancdc

Reaction score
Rampage;2313318 said:

Totally agree. I would also consider getting F Jones involved to a greater degree.

risco

Reaction score
dadymat;2314417 said:
last season he was care free having fun and relaxed.....he then got attacked for not being serious enough........this season he is trying to be more professional with his demeanor...............and well you know now he gets attacked for that......he cant win with this fanbase and media.......he'll never be good enough no matter how many Cowboy records he breaks or how many games he wins (which by the way is alot) or his QB rating (which is 100.5 )...its really kinda sad.....this town would crucify Tom Brady

I wish you people would stop taking up for Romo-- Simply put- he's playing bad, and he needs to be booed. I mean some sort of turn-over in every game this year.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
risco;2314611 said:
I wish you people would stop taking up for Romo-- Simply put- he's playing bad, and he needs to be booed. I mean some sort of turn-over in every game this year.

unbelievable................. :rolleyes: hes not playing bad, hes not playing perfect...but hes not playing bad ...and he most certainly dont need to be booed........are you insane? his team is 4-1 because of him not in spite of him...