Incredible Shrinking Man (Part Deux)

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
Just came from my consultation with the plastic surgeon. I will be having a tummy tuck, body lift and (for lack of a better term) male breast reduction. At about the same time, I will be having some ugly varicose veins lasered. When all is said and done, I will lose an additional 35-40 lbs and will drop another 4"-6" off my waist, as well as going down a couple more shirt sizes.

Recovery time is somewhat lengthy and I will be required to wear compression garments to aid in the healing process. When the swelling is gone and the scars have faded (somewhat), I will post before and after pics.

Again, anyone with questions please feel free to PM me or I will answer questions within this thread. Thank you to everyone for their support and understanding. My wife and I are eternally grateful to all of you. >-Greg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
needforspeed;2204547 said:
Just came from my consultation with the plastic surgeon. I will be having a tummy tuck, body lift and (for lack of a better term) male breast reduction. At about the same time, I will be having some ugly varicose veins lasered. When all is said and done, I will lose an additional 35-40 lbs and will drop another 4"-6" off my waist, as well as going down a couple more shirt sizes.

Recovery time is somewhat lengthy and I will be required to wear compression garments to aid in the healing process. When the swelling is gone and the scars have faded (somewhat), I will post before and after pics.

Again, anyone with questions please feel free to PM me or I will answer questions within this thread. Thank you to everyone for their support and understanding. My wife and I are eternally grateful to all of you. >-Greg

Good luck

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
I'm having gall bladder surgery on the 19th (Friday). This is fairly common amongst gastric bypass patients (95% chance). I'll be off work for a couple of weeks. I should be recovered enough to make it to the game in St. Louis, though!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
good luck NFS hope all well goes well

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
needforspeed;2204547 said:
I will post before and after pics.
Good luck with the procedure and thanks for the warning.

;) :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
needforspeed;2264064 said:
I'm having gall bladder surgery on the 19th (Friday). This is fairly common amongst gastric bypass patients (95% chance). I'll be off work for a couple of weeks. I should be recovered enough to make it to the game in St. Louis, though!

I have had my GB removed and luckily it was done laproscopicly (sp?) so the recovery time was only a week.

Good luck

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2266638 said:
I have had my GB removed and luckily it was done laproscopicly (sp?) so the recovery time was only a week.

Good luck
My wife had that also. She walked out of the hospital about 3 hours after surgery, stopped at the grocery store on the way home, then fixed dinner for our family when she got home.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2266854 said:
My wife had that also. She walked out of the hospital about 3 hours after surgery, stopped at the grocery store on the way home, then fixed dinner for our family when she got home.

I would have been fine if I had know the anthesia was going to make me sick. I couldn't keep anything down for 2 or 3 days after the surgery.

Btw nice of you to make her cook after she just had surgery ;)

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
needforspeed;2264064 said:

Good Luck.

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
Surgery went well and I'm home resting with some very good drugs. Brother-in-law scored us tix to the Packers game. I'll be the guy who's passed out behind the Cowboys bench. LOL Yeah, I'm gonna show what a dedicated fan I am. Get up off my deathbed to go to Lambeau and see the Cowboys play.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I am going to do a double workout - watch sons baseball game in between and hunker in to watch Cowboys later tonight!