Inman, Hunter and Waddle all visiting?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Waddle and Fleming are both better swing OT options than what we have.
That's what they are shopping for.

The WR is to replace Brice Butler.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Inman would make the group slightly better, but I agree overall. I just can't see receiver being a priority if we essentially fill the last roster spot for the group with Inman or Hunter. We already have Bryant, Williams, Beasley, Switzer and Brown (who might be on the bubble).

The only way I can see us going after a receiver in the draft if this happens is if we make it a first-round priority because we're getting rid of Dez, which is possible considering that we "flirted" with signing his replacement in free agency.
The way I see it is Inman may be filling Butlers spot or he may be competing with Brown for a roster spot. I dont think he stops us from doing anything draft wise.

Hunter on the other, is glorified camp fodder. At best he is competing with Brown, and I dont see him winning

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The difference is that we're not counting on either as a starter, unlike with Carroll and Thornton. These are strictly depth signings.

Now, with Fleming, Waddle, etc., I believe we are looking for either a starting guard or starting tackle. Would either be an upgrade to Cooper?
I don't think so. At this point I'd be looking at all of them. We need a swing tackle and a guard.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Different coaching staff, different expectations for what they want. Nagy is an Andy Reid disciple, so they have already gone after their own types like Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel. He would be their fourth or fifth as it stands now behind those two and Kevin White.
That's assuming Robinson can still play and Gabriel can. That job is wide open and Bears probably would want to retain him since he'd be cheap.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm not buying they are trying to replace Butler has no role to replace.

they are replacing brice butler's spot on the team and yes his role as limited as it was.

what role exactly do you think justin hunter or inman had last year?
in fact watch one of those teams sign brice butler to fill their roles, lol.

these guys are big, outside depth WRs.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Wouldn’t you want your swing tackle and 4th WR to be low cost players
To can’t really sign starter quality players at those positions

I get what you’re saying but they need a starting OL, MLB, DT, and S. Why are they prioritizing swing tackles and backup WRs? Go fix one, just one, of those spots with a player that makes the team better and then worry about low cost backups all you want to. Nothing they are doing is improving the team.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
one big reason $

That’s a myth and I can’t believe anyone still buys into it. They could have $40 million in cap space in an hour, not be any less talented, and be perfectly fine cap wise for the future. They have 5-6 contracts structured specifically to free up cap space yet they have simply decided to be frugal instead. Maybe they will be proven right with their approach, but money and cap space is NOT keeping them from doing anything.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The way I see it is Inman may be filling Butlers spot or he may be competing with Brown for a roster spot. I dont think he stops us from doing anything draft wise.

Hunter on the other, is glorified camp fodder. At best he is competing with Brown, and I dont see him winning

Well, there's only so much depth you can carry. Unless we replace Dez, we've got four of the wide receiver spots filled. Depending on cost, Inman or Hunter might be a guaranteed fifth. If we also draft a wide receiver early, that would be a guaranteed sixth. And then you've still got Brown.

conner01

Reaction score
I get what you’re saying but they need a starting OL, MLB, DT, and S. Why are they prioritizing swing tackles and backup WRs? Go fix one, just one, of those spots with a player that makes the team better and then worry about low cost backups all you want to. Nothing they are doing is improving the team.
I think guard can be fixed in the top 3 rnds of the draft
Don’t want a rookie swing tackle

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That’s a myth and I can’t believe anyone still buys into it. They could have $40 million in cap space in an hour, not be any less talented, and be perfectly fine cap wise for the future. They have 5-6 contracts structured specifically to free up cap space yet they have simply decided to be frugal instead. Maybe they will be proven right with their approach, but money and cap space is NOT keeping them from doing anything.

You can't just cut guys with big contracts. And certainly this team never will. And certainly not for 2 scrub receivers.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think guard can be fixed in the top 3 rnds of the draft
Don’t want a rookie swing tackle

You might be right but you can’t fix OG, MLB, DT, and S in the top 3 rounds or even all 7 rounds. We don’t even know that these low level players that are coming in aren’t being looked at as starters.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Inviting prospective talent to town for a looksee and signing them are two different things.

I'll believe it really means something when they've reported in and have signed contacts.

Up until now, much of what we've seen and heard is Stephen stating his good intentions.

Last edited:

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Folks , claiming or arguing that any of these JAGs are "better" than another is like saying dog crap is better than horse crap.......................

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'm not buying they are trying to replace Butler has no role to replace.
Of course he does. It is the Devon Street/Laurent Robinson/Andre Holmes role. Been in Garrett's system for years and years.