Innovation on offense

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everybody was demanding it. Well mostly everybody. LOL well how about Innovation with deception. Maybe we didn't explain ourselves properly.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Seemed like we were getting some of that during the first few weeks.
A lot of presnap motion, not just Elliott going wide the back to the backfield, route combinations, and exploiting the middle of the numbers.

Seemed like less the last two games. Maybe I’m wrong. I guess those that break down the game would on know.

Techsass

Reaction score
A lot of presnap motion, not just Elliott going wide the back to the backfield, route combinations, and exploiting the middle of the numbers.

Seemed like less the last two games. Maybe I’m wrong. I guess those that break down the game would on know.
Nah you're right. There was a whole lot more pre-snap movement happening during the first few games.

Maybe it didn't actually help & the results were mainly due to who we were playing.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Everybody was demanding it. Well mostly everybody. LOL well how about Innovation with deception. Maybe we didn't explain ourselves properly.

We saw some of that the first few games. I understand crowd noise taking that out of the game in NOLA. Against GB, stupid mistakes took that element out of the arsenal. If there is a problem with us on both sides of the ball, it's mostly a lack of concentration. My question is this; are our mental lapses a sign of wilting under the pressure of big games or the expectations placed on our guys?

Jipper

Reaction score
We had some new innovative plays and then they got film on it, now we need to adjust...I’ll bet money that we look much better the next two weeks and they are different plays....

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We saw some of that the first few games. I understand crowd noise taking that out of the game in NOLA. Against GB, stupid mistakes took that element out of the arsenal. If there is a problem with us on both sides of the ball, it's mostly a lack of concentration. My question is this; are our mental lapses a sign of wilting under the pressure of big games or the expectations placed on our guys?
This same exact team has won more Primetime games that any other team in the league. I think it's a lack of concentration and I put that on coaching that's discipline. In my opinion.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
This same exact team has won more Primetime games that any other team in the league. I think it's a lack of concentration and I put that on coaching that's discipline. In my opinion.

Then perhaps it's the expectations

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We had some new innovative plays and then they got film on it, now we need to adjust...I’ll bet money that we look much better the next two weeks and they are different plays....
I have a problem with this film on everything thing. This is the NFL. Everyone runs the same exact plays it's just a different format for a different perspective. There are only two or three reads a quarterback has to make. Same thing with the defense. That's why they wait until the last second to snap the ball. So yes maybe crowd noise took us out of that. Because we couldn't communicate. So we reverted back to, Here it comes try to stop it and we're just not good enough.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Then perhaps it's the expectations
I think the crowd noise really might have had something to do with it. But really show me lack of discipline was the first half of the Packers game. I'm putting that on coaching. Expectation. We all like to think we're better than we are. But I seen what this team can do against Great teams. With the same exact players we have on the field. It could just come down to simple lack of leadership.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Demarcus Lawrence is usually a leader on the defensive line. Sean Lee was the leader of the linebackers. Not just Captain's they were leaders. And I'm not disrespecting Jalen or anyone else back there I just don't know who the leaders of this team are who they want to follow

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd be happy against the Jets if we just clean up the penalties that's a start. There's three more quarters of football. we have to win two games in each quarter I think we're more than capable of winning 9/10 games still making the playoffs. I can't believe how many people backed away from that thinking we're never going to get there

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd be happy against the Jets if we just clean up the penalties that's a start. There's three more quarters of football. we have to win two games in each quarter I think we're more than capable of winning 9/10 games still making the playoffs. I can't believe how many people backed away from that thinking we're never going to get there

RodeoJake

Reaction score

The Jets really aren't going to tell us much, except if we lose. Then we'll know we've really lost our focus.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

You are not wrong. That NO game plan was straight up Linehan. Maybe he kidnapped Moore and paid a Warlock to turn him into a Kellen doppelgänger.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The key word you used here Jip is “adjust”. Making mid-game and mid-season adjustments to what your opponents have done to stop you is what separates the average coaches from the great coaches.

Garrett has usually had the attitude that the only adjustment we need to make during the season is better execution of plays. Coupled with more “fight”. I think that over simplified philosophy is what has made Dallas’ roster talent underperform.

Great coaches maximize their talent with creativity. Garrett’s version of creativity is vanilla ice cream “in a cone”, lol.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I think the offense will turn it around. We’ve seen that it is capable from the first few weeks.

Id honestly like to see innovation on the defensive side. RM and his archaic defense is holding this team back like Linehan did on the offensive side.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With 3-0 Moore was brilliant. Last two losses Garrett sandbagged him.

If we could only get Garrett to stay at home for losses we’d win them all. Right???

Kellen+Moore+Boise+State+v+Georgia+FKlW0z4m25Il.jpg.cf.jpg