Innovation on offense

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With 3-0 Moore was brilliant. Last two losses Garrett sandbagged him.

If we could only get Garrett to stay at home for losses we’d win them all. Right???
How did Jason Garrett sandbag him. I'm just curious. Because it could be true I just don't know why he would do such a thing

TheHerd

Reaction score
Turnovers. You can't be innovative on offense if you dont have the ball. The first half of the Packers game they did nearly nothing to stop us. We stopped ourselves. If we clean that up we will be fine offensively.
Turnovers are the way defenses stop now. Why do you think the Patriots are on Pace to set the record for fewest points allowed? Pressure and turnovers. 14 picks so far. That's a decade under Marinelli. Bend don't break isn't a successful formula with today's rules.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
The only game we had bad play calling really was the saints. Other than that we stopped ourselves vs gb. The plays were there.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Turnovers are the way defenses stop now. Why do you think the Patriots are on Pace to set the record for fewest points allowed? Pressure and turnovers. 14 picks so far. That's a decade under Marinelli. Bend don't break isn't a successful formula with today's rules.
Green Bay didn't force any turnovers......we gave them.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Green Bay didn't force any turnovers......we gave them.
You can always say that, but pressure created turnovers. Other teams create pressure on the QB, and also cover better than us. And the ballactually catch when there is a chance.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You can always say that, but pressure created turnovers. Other teams create pressure on the QB, and also cover better than us. And the ballactually catch when there is a chance.
No they did not. Not in the game against Green Bay. Watch the game again.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
With 3-0 Moore was brilliant. Last two losses Garrett sandbagged him.

If we could only get Garrett to stay at home for losses we’d win them all. Right???

Kellen+Moore+Boise+State+v+Georgia+FKlW0z4m25Il.jpg.cf.jpg
Things go right for the Cowboys JG had nothing to do with it.....when they go wrong it's JG's fault!!!
408.jpg

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'd be happy against the Jets if we just clean up the penalties that's a start. There's three more quarters of football. we have to win two games in each quarter I think we're more than capable of winning 9/10 games still making the playoffs. I can't believe how many people backed away from that thinking we're never going to get there
Some of those penalties are nearly impossible to clean up. The roughing on Erin and the fall by Graham are two.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah I agree. I just don't know why.

Because Garrett, Linehan, Moore run the exact same offense. Without the turnovers this offense looks completely different and we don't have this conversation.

Jipper

Reaction score
The key word you used here Jip is “adjust”. Making mid-game and mid-season adjustments to what your opponents have done to stop you is what separates the average coaches from the great coaches.

Garrett has usually had the attitude that the only adjustment we need to make during the season is better execution of plays. Coupled with more “fight”. I think that over simplified philosophy is what has made Dallas’ roster talent underperform.

Great coaches maximize their talent with creativity. Garrett’s version of creativity is vanilla ice cream “in a cone”, lol.

well they did a pretty solid job adjusting mid season last year so I still have hope for this year....a lot of this is on Moore as I think the dline improving will make a big difference for the defense...

they should win this week and if they can get to 5 and 2 by the bye they will be solid

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seemed like we were getting some of that during the first few weeks.
A lot of presnap motion, not just Elliott going wide the back to the backfield, route combinations, and exploiting the middle of the numbers.

Seemed like less the last two games. Maybe I’m wrong. I guess those that break down the game would on know.

I think you are right about the Saints game. We went much more conservative in that one. But I don't think that was the case against GB. It think we made too many mistakes early on (turnovers, penalties, giving up 3rd down sacks), and dug too deep a hole to come back from, especially with a few more turnovers and mistakes along the way.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
we got this new innovative play system, we throw it with a QB, its smething new they are working on heres the kicker tho, we dont know who we are throwing it to. you see other teams throw it only to their team, but we mix it up, keep the defense guessing, we might throw it to our own ORRRRR throw it to the other team. everyone is surprised each play. its new and improved.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nah you're right. There was a whole lot more pre-snap movement happening during the first few games.

Maybe it didn't actually help & the results were mainly due to who we were playing.

we ran A LOT of that in the 2nd half OF THE PACKERS GAME.. if you hadn't noticed it was working until all the INts, penaltys', &missed Fgs killed the comeback.. I saw a ton of motion and deceptive sets.. it wasn't AS deceptive because they KNEW we had to pass to get back in it..but I saw different formations and motion in that game.. thr NO was different but I feel, they felt a close to the vest TOP run more would win the game and really we lost by two on the road with many mistakes..so it could have worked..

these two losses are hard to explain outside of poor execution and mistakes..

that has to do more with it then coaching and our talent level..i still believe we are a very good team and by years end will be the team we thought we had..first thing we have to do is beat the jets and Eagles go 5-2 into the bye and we will be headed in that direction..

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Wish we could get some innovation on the defense.
Linehan is on defense too.
Wish someone would innovate a normal league takeaway bat avg for them...that I wish most. It must be the leader or near in low numbers for last decade. I get excited when a guy gets 3-4 for the year....now we’re looking at ..”two would be good...” Ughhh....get these people out of here and get me Zimmer or someone already, Real DC who are proven winners with it. No Detroit staff ever again...defense or offense. That’s a must in the deal...

ShiningStar

Reaction score
idk, even if we got a new HC, its still JJ and SJs show. its over for decades kids.