Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I mean cmon man. What are you doing. Cassel sucks, does suck, has sucked. Did he have additional compounding issues here yet magnified his sucking? Sure. But the bottom line is he sucks in general so there’s no benefit of the doubt. Dez has been great. He had a big regression and fall from grace when he got hurt, lost his qb and when a new qb that plays a game not to his strengths got the job. It’s very easy to point to contributing factors and form an opinion right or wrong.

Here’s my ultimate take, Dez actual decline coincided with his poor set of circumstances. I think at this point he’s not the same guy, but 1-2 yrs ago he still was. Last year was his chance to prove everyone wrong but everything caught up to him at once, and here we are.

Look, I just don't understand why all the QBs have gotten blamed for Dez's decline, with exception of Romo since 2015. Funny thing is most people blame Weeden and Moore, too and Weeden didn't play with Dez in 2015 and Moore only played about a half of football with Dez.

It's real simple. The stats don't lie. Dez regressed even with Romo in 2015, but for some reason people don't want to admit that, they want to exclude Romo's time and only include Dez's regression with other QBs.

Proof

Reaction score
Look, I just don't understand why all the QBs have gotten blamed for Dez's decline, with exception of Romo since 2015. Funny thing is most people blame Weeden and Moore, too and Weeden didn't play with Dez in 2015 and Moore only played about a half of football with Dez.

It's real simple. The stats don't lie. Dez regressed even with Romo in 2015, but for some reason people don't want to admit that, they want to exclude Romo's time and only include Dez's regression with other QBs.

Lol. You mean the year he broke his foot in the first game and rushed back? Yes. His numbers regressed that year as well.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I don't know if we will move on from Dez or not, but in my opinion we should do it. Dez is not only a player who is underperforming his position group, and underperforming his contract, but he is also problematic as a player on our roster for many reasons.

The Cowboys don't have to make the decision now, and quite honestly it puts more pressure on Dez the longer they wait to decide what to do.

It is clear that the team is evaluating the situation in depth and is really weighing its options regarding Dez. It's not a certainty that he isn't a Cowboy next year by a long shot, but fans who think Dez has a 100 percent chance of returning for the 2018 season (or anything close to 100 percent) are really fooling themselves and are in complete denial.

It is NOT likely that the Cowboys will approach Dez about taking a pay cut and simply let it go if Dez tells them to take a hike. If the team even TALKS to Dez about a pay cut certain dominoes are already set to fall if the team doesnt get any cooperation .....if the team has any clue what they are doing.
Man ,bro! I was all onboard with what you were laying down till I hit the last couple of lines of that first paragraph,,, and I was really wanting TO send that " LIKE" yer' way buddy,,,but,other than his hold out thusly, solidifying his 'payday' and his inflexible stance in an open& honest reflection as to why that payday really needs restructuring,,,I'm not all that sure he's the 'detrimental to the team' &the sideline problem many beat the drum over, he is 110% DALLAS COWBOYS,,,er,,,at least till it comes down to nut-cracking time concercerning all that DALLAS COWBOYS CASH MONEY,,,huh?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Let's break down what ur said; "throws sideline tantrums" but yet ur kids do this& that, remember that one time billyray-johnboy jr was accused of this&u swore he was innocent&it end up he wasn't,but that's not more important than Dez doing it ha?!? when has a sideline tantrum won or lost a game. So we were winning the game, then Dez threw a sideline tantrum& then our team folded & we lost the game. Gtfohwtbs..&what else u say; "Creates off season drama by not saying anything but yet his employer's, the media,press& other former teammates, players& coaches& TV personalities i.e. Terry bradhaw& Colin Cowherd(tv. Personality)& dimwit posters on social media boards do all the talking& not flattering talk by the way& he somehow creates the "drama" &; He highpoints the ball. Yeah ur actually correct right there. I will add better than anybody playing currently in the NFL... that's a talent, why so eager to get rid of this talent. I think it something else that bothers u abt him but u not man enough to voice those reasons so u hide behind coded language &avatars& say stuff like Dez tantrums has to go.smh...things that posters say...

Well, well, well we have a Dez fanboy here. If you think 60/800 is worth the 16.5 million cap hit you go girl.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Lol. You mean the year he broke his foot in the first game and rushed back? Yes. His numbers regressed that year as well.
Yeah. Now that makes sense. Dez has been injured in all 3 of the years. Dez has admitted his head hasn’t been right. Yet people still look to Cassel, Weeden, Moore and Dak as the primary issue.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He didn’t create this offseason drama.

This is a team creation.

Dez has created more than enough drama over the years. Fighting rookies. Forgetting to pay for jewelry. Ranting and raving on the sideline. Dehydrating in the 1Q. It is always something. The issue today is that the talent is not worth the hassle. Why don’t more of you see that? The guy is near 30 and the arrow is pointing down.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yeah. Now that makes sense. Dez has been injured in all 3 of the years. Dez has admitted his head hasn’t been right. Yet people still look to Cassel, Weeden, Moore and Dak as the primary issue.
I just feel like setting my like meter on auto for your posts.

Proof

Reaction score

That’s selective listening. Dez has clearly struggled due to injury, qb play and his own mistakes mental/physical and otherwise. I’m a huge Dak fan, but he didn’t do Dez many favors last year, coupled with the fact that when he did their are several glaring instances where ex botched it (drop, wrong route , fumble etc). It doesn’t have to be so black and white man. Just because it hasn’t been solely qb play doesn’t mean that it didn’t contribute. Everyone likes to point to the run sans Dez in 16, but fail to acknowledge the connection when he came back. They clicked, it was awesome. Then the wheels came off across the board last year. Dez sucked Dak sucked beas sucked Witt sucked t will sucked the line sucked the play calling sucked. It is what it is

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Because the Dez haters here don't see that way.

What exactly does Dez hater mean? This is the cap era. Dez’s production does not equal his cap hit. No hate in that, just reality. You supporters need to understand he has not been a great player since 2014. Not a single 100 yard game in nearly 2 years. He is getting older. The arrow is pointing down. 16.5 million each of the next 2 years. He is not worth it. Sorry this hurts your feelings.

Dre11

Reaction score
What exactly does Dez hater mean? This is the cap era. Dez’s production does not equal his cap hit. No hate in that, just reality. You supporters need to understand he has not been a great player since 2014. Not a single 100 yard game in nearly 2 years. He is getting older. The arrow is pointing down. 16.5 million each of the next 2 years. He is not worth it. Sorry this hurts your feelings.

Follow along with the zone, follow the league he's right on par.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That’s selective listening. Dez has clearly struggled due to injury, qb play and his own mistakes mental/physical and otherwise. I’m a huge Dak fan, but he didn’t do Dez many favors last year, coupled with the fact that when he did their are several glaring instances where ex botched it (drop, wrong route , fumble etc). It doesn’t have to be so black and white man. Just because it hasn’t been solely qb play doesn’t mean that it didn’t contribute. Everyone likes to point to the run sans Dez in 16, but fail to acknowledge the connection when he came back. They clicked, it was awesome. Then the wheels came off across the board last year. Dez sucked Dak sucked beas sucked Witt sucked t will sucked the line sucked the play calling sucked. It is what it is
And I don’t dimiss there are multiple reasons. I agree there are multiple reasons. Hasn’t been in dispute.

What is being disputed at the moment, which is being argued agianst, and which is being debated is that “His regression started in 2015 to include the time spent with Romo.”

That is what Dre has an issue with. He doesn’t like Romo is included in the mix.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Follow along with the zone, follow the league he's right on par.

Are you taliking about his contract? Just because Sammy Watkins got stupid money it doesn’t make Dez’s contract better. The difference is that Watkins is 24 and Dez will be 30. Watkins has potential to be great, Dez is heading the other direction.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yes that narrative of looking at all things and not excluding the parts that don’t fit. Gotcha!

Yes that narrative of looking at all things and not excluding the parts that don’t fit. Gotcha!

It fits, it's just blows your narrative out the water...lol

But Dez's rare trait was over his head. I've never really seen another guy, maybe Calvin Johnson, but I've never really seen a guy be able to do the things he does. He still has that capability. Dez is never actually covered even when he's covered. That's a rare trait. If he was singled up, if you could put the ball in a certain spot he could always get it. There's not really another guy that I ever played with who could do that. It kind of simplifies the offense a little bit in a sense. If Dez was kind of by himself, you'd just throw 15-20 yards, above his head 3 yards and however you want to guard him it doesn't matter. You can't go get that ball, he can. I worked hard with him at that because that throw requires timing, precision. You gotta throw it hard. But then when you get it, it moves the chains pretty quickly.

"As far as personality between the two, they're also a little bit different. I think Dez is misunderstood in a lot ways

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well good to know what I've been preaching about all season. The offense is terrible, but the eyes don't lie folks.
Ya,but!!!!, that offense is still a hi- compression over bored 400 small block capable of turning 750hp@ xxxxrpm,,,(blower w/ nitrous casing-liner) let's not burn the shop down cuz' it didn't win the race,,,,the defense is long overdue for the same loving attention given in the building of that motor ,,,FOR ONCEo_O

:lmao2:

Proof

Reaction score
And I don’t dimiss there are multiple reasons. I agree there are multiple reasons. Hasn’t been in dispute.

What is being disputed at the moment, which is being argued agianst, and which is being debated is that “His regression started in 2015 to include the time spent with Romo.”

That is what Dre has an issue with. He doesn’t like Romo is included in the mix.

because it's a bit disingenuous. dez went out in the first game (in which he had 5 catches for 50 yards before getting hurt), romo went out while he was gone. they both came back too early, and then only played 2 games together in which romo threw 5 picks in like 6 quarters before getting knocked out for the season again. This is a bad point dude

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
because it's a bit disingenuous. dez went out in the first game (in which he had 5 catches for 50 yards before getting hurt), romo went out while he was gone. they both came back too early, and then only played 2 games together in which romo threw 5 picks in like 6 quarters before getting knocked out for the season again. This is a bad point dude
Why? It is what it is. Dez was more concerned with his contract, came in to camp and hurt his hammie. Fought with Patmon and the Rams, became dehydrated in the first game, dropped a 3rd down pass, and then broke his foot.

At which point in 2015 did Dez get off to a 2014 start and then be derailed by poor QB play?

He stated and ended 2015 a train wreck. Cassel didn’t cause it. As a matter of fact, Dez had his best game of the year with Cassel.