Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

Proof

Reaction score
What exactly does Dez hater mean? This is the cap era. Dez’s production does not equal his cap hit. No hate in that, just reality. You supporters need to understand he has not been a great player since 2014. Not a single 100 yard game in nearly 2 years. He is getting older. The arrow is pointing down. 16.5 million each of the next 2 years. He is not worth it. Sorry this hurts your feelings.

Dez haters are the fans who act like he's never been good, is incapable of being good, have nothing but negative things to say about him as a player, as a man, who'd rather kick him while he's down and those of us who are fans of his and believe he can still contribute to the team in a meaningful way. He's overpaid, he's been overpaid, and even if he rounds back into form it's likely too little too later given the amount of money he's been paid over the past few years, but the vitriol from our fans is just wild.

Proof

Reaction score
Why? It is what it is. Dez was more concerned with his contract, came in to camp and hurt his hammie. Fought with Patmon and the Rams, became dehydrated in the first game, dropped a 3rd down pass, and then broke his foot.

At which point in 2015 did Dez get off to a 2014 start and then be derailed by poor QB play?

He stated and ended 2015 a train wreck. Cassel didn’t cause it.

uhh... the part where he was catching the ball and putting up yards before getting hurt? it's easy, but this is tiring. I shall exit the discussion now.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dez haters are the fans who act like he's never been good, is incapable of being good, have nothing but negative things to say about him as a player, as a man, who'd rather kick him while he's down and those of us who are fans of his and believe he can still contribute to the team in a meaningful way. He's overpaid, he's been overpaid, and even if he rounds back into form it's likely too little too later given the amount of money he's been paid over the past few years, but the vitriol from our fans is just wild.

Don’t get all upset. That #88 jersey is still cool. No one is kicking him when his down. The stats don’t lie. 2014 is a long time ago. He is not nearly the same player and has not taken his craft seriously enough to evolve.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
uhh... the part where he was catching the ball and putting up yards before getting hurt? it's easy, but this is tiring. I shall exit the discussion now.
you mean the 5 for 48 with a drop in the red zone. Romo and Dez couldn’t connect in the end zone on 3rd down on the opening drive. They had another failed 3rd down conversion...the play he broke his foot. The two only converted 1 of 4 3rd down plays that gsme. Dez goes out of game and we score 2 touchdowns to win the game.

Is that the 2014 Dez you are referring to?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He put up pedestrian numbers man. Missed the big plays...couldn’t covert for the TD opening drive, dropped the 3rd down play in the red zone. Yeah, nothing special about those 5 catches. He was able to put that up with Cassel too.

Proof

Reaction score
Don’t get all upset. That #88 jersey is still cool. No one is kicking him when his down. The stats don’t lie. 2014 is a long time ago. He is not nearly the same player and has not taken his craft seriously enough to evolve.

i'm not upset, I explained. And i don't own his jersey or have a poster on the wall. And yes plenty of people are kicking him while he's down. If it's not you, that's cool it doesn't apply. You'd have to be blind, or something a bit more mean spirited to not have noticed.

Proof

Reaction score
you mean the 5 for 48 with a drop in the red zone. Romo and Dez couldn’t connect in the end zone on 3rd down on the opening drive. They had another failed 3rd down conversion...the play he broke his foot. The two only converted 1 of 4 3rd down plays that gsme. Dez goes out of game and we score 2 touchdowns to win the game.

Yeah absolutely. I remember the game vividly myself. But you got it my dude, this is an exercise in futility.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

Caught 88. Passes for 1320 yards 16 touchdowns and 15.0 yards per catch that is the 2014 Dez he is talking about

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Funny, Terrence Williams caught the most balls he has ever caught last year and at a higher percentage. His avg went down yes, but he doesn't seem to feeling this struggle as you say.
Ain't you heard, KENNY?
Terrance Williams is a bum body catcher & should've been sent packing long ago,,,it's constantly repeated in EVERY GAME THREAD.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Y'all can chill now on this Defense stuff. We got Kony. CHAMPIONSHIP!

WR @ 19 LOL
tenor.gif

jjktkk

Reaction score
Dez can still make a play. He did it plenty of times last year.

We run more then anyone in the league and Dak isn't good at getting his X & Z the ball.
A #1 WR needs to be able to help his QB out. I don't see that a lot that with Dez. And no offense, but you have no objectivity regarding Dez.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A #1 WR needs to be able to help his QB out. I don't see that a lot that with Dez. And no offense, but you have no objectivity regarding Dez.

If you read through all my posts you’ll see that I’ve been objective.

I’ve put the blame on him where it deserves to be put.

People who say he sucks now are just being ridiculous.

Dre11

Reaction score
And I don’t dimiss there are multiple reasons. I agree there are multiple reasons. Hasn’t been in dispute.

What is being disputed at the moment, which is being argued agianst, and which is being debated is that “His regression started in 2015 to include the time spent with Romo.”

That is what Dre has an issue with. He doesn’t like Romo is included in the mix.

Dez didn't struggle with Romo, why would he be in the mix? It's asinine to say that, when they had three 3 consecutive years they had before he retired.

Dre11

Reaction score
because it's a bit disingenuous. dez went out in the first game (in which he had 5 catches for 50 yards before getting hurt), romo went out while he was gone. they both came back too early, and then only played 2 games together in which romo threw 5 picks in like 6 quarters before getting knocked out for the season again. This is a bad point dude

Exactly, yet he dismiss the 3 consecutive seasons before

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dez didn't struggle with Romo, why would he be in the mix? It's asinine to say that, when they had three 3 consecutive years they had before he retired.
He didn't? Looks like they put up Dak and Dez numbers when they played together. Dak sucks for those numbers. Maybe he's not struggling with Dak either then?