Inspirational Videos

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Reality, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

19,774 Messages
    29,254 Likes Received
    We have funny images, funny videos and even random images threads, but given the saturation of negativity on the internet these days I thought it would be a nice change to create an inspirational videos thread.

I know it won't be as popular as the other threads, and that's fine, but every so often it is great to hear about or share a story about something positive or inspirational that happened to someone or that someone did or accomplished.

** NOTE: If you post off-topic posts in this thread they will be deleted along with your access to this thread removed and your account possibly benched.

Ranching, obidiah, lukin2006 and 5 others like this.
  2. Reality

19,774 Messages
    29,254 Likes Received
  3. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Well-Known Member

509 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    Since graduating from high school, I had worked many blue collar jobs. In the late 80's and early 90's, I had lost 5 jobs in 7 years due to either cutbacks, or the company closing their doors. In '97, in my mid 30's, I was given the opportunity to go to college, paid for by my employer who had just laid us off because they were moving out of the state. I seized that opportunity and took computer science. Now I'm working in the computer industry and have been since I graduated college in '99.

Although I had lost many of those blue collar jobs throughout my years, I learned many skills, so it wasn't for nothing.

4. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Well-Known Member

2,727 Messages
    7,394 Likes Received
  5. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

13,121 Messages
    29,947 Likes Received
    GREAT idea my friend. :D

6. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

4,605 Messages
    10,469 Likes Received
    I always liked these. They inspire me to go out and enjoy life.

Ranching and Trouty like this.
  7. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

5,088 Messages
    9,406 Likes Received
    One of the most powerful statements from a higher source it seems. When in doubt and dispare remember to.....

8. Reality

19,774 Messages
    29,254 Likes Received
  9. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

6,752 Messages
    11,665 Likes Received

This is both sad and uplifting, uplifting in the way this young man faced death with such courage and was an inspiration to his community.

SlammedZero likes this.
  10. lukin2006

6,752 Messages
    11,665 Likes Received

As a Canadian, The Terry Fox story is the greatest inspirational story ever. His goal was to raise 1 dollar for every Canadian he far exceeded that goal. Unfortunately, he never completed the run, it ended in Thunderbay, Ontario. I was fortunate enough to visit the monument in his honour in Thunderbay.

Ranching, SlammedZero and Dodger12 like this.
  11. lukin2006

6,752 Messages
    11,665 Likes Received

This video was created by students at Ursuline Collegiate College in Chatham, Ontario. They sent the video to a classmate who was battling cancer to lift her spirits, she passed away within a year of the video. The personal connection to Sophie who died from cancer was that she was ex-wife's boss daughter.

Ranching likes this.
  12. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

5,088 Messages
    9,406 Likes Received