Twitter: Interested in OL Menelik Watson?

Plankton

Reaction score
Watson is a complete stiff. He's worse than Chaz Green is, and that's saying something.

If the goal is anyone but Chaz, OK......

If the goal is to replace Green with a competent player, then they should look elsewhere.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We're desperate for depth.

I remember him in college (2013 draft). Good physical speciman but questions about technique/awareness.

If I recall correctly, the Raiders played him a Center for some period of time or at least had him practicing at Center.

He is from Europe and didn't play football until college.

Looking at his history, this is the 3rd time he has been placed on IR.

Torn Achilles 2015
Calf 2017
Pec Injury 2018

I would give him a shot just for this:
In December 2014, Watson donated his game check to a four-year-old Oakland Raiders fan with Hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Estimate $18,000.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is getting pushed around some for sure.

And the highs and lows look more extreme that what I'm comfortable with. When he's beaten - which might be just once or twice a game - he's beaten absolutely. As in a complete whiff and a total miss. All it takes is one to get your quarterback hurt. Just ask Chris Gronkowski.

glimmerman

Reaction score
And the highs and lows look more extreme that what I'm comfortable with. When he's beaten - which might be just once or twice a game - he's beaten absolutely. As in a complete whiff and a total miss. All it takes is one to get your quarterback hurt. Just ask Chris Gronkowski.
Your right. And we are gonna be holding our breath this season. It looks very much like he is a lock for starting .

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He is getting pushed around some for sure.

No surprise there.

From his draft profile
  • Gets too straight-legged and bounced back into pocket by initial bull move
  • Core strength appears to be average
Don't know if that can be fixed if 4 years of college didn't do it.

I wanted Will Hernandez, still do....

Reactions: BAT