Twitter: Interesting comment from Eagles owner on Run Game

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Jerry was the only owner that talked to the press, and gets criticized for it tom the fans. And they say no other owners talk to the press.

Legend

Reaction score
I prefer the Cowboys to be dominant in both the run and the pass.

Then like Jimmy Johnson (as coach of the Cowboys) stated something similar to below to opposing teams.

Pick your poison. Do you prefer to die fast (with deep pass) if you focus on stopping the run or to die slow (run the ball down your throats) if you focus on taking away the deep threats.

JayFord

Reaction score
You can win a super bowl with any style of football it comes down to 3 things

Efficient play calling
Taking advantage of the other teams mistakes
A little luck

Dallas has none of this we win games based on talent but when other teams can out think us we struggle

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It’s about passing the ball more efficiently than your opposition. There’s probably some wriggle room when it comes to how you pass more efficiently.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Funny he does not mention the inability to stop the run and it's effects on a team such as his. Zeke has made a career off Philly thus far in 4 games he has played vs Philly Dallas won each of them with Zeke putting up 151, 113, 103 and 96 yards. Only loses was Zeke out due to suspension and Zeke out because the division was already won in the 2016 season. So while running may not be the key to winning, the inability of stopping the run can go a long ways in getting beat. LOL

Dre11

Reaction score
So when Romo went 13-3 had the 4th most passing yards in the league while having only the 17th most rushing yards, that doesn't count right?

The running game has been a focal point in all of the last three seasons lol.

2014 was his best year and as noted, he had the number one rushing RB behind him. 2007 we all were crying get that man a running game, we were too pass heavy. It's was one of the biggest criticisms Garrett took then.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
F Lurie and his RB comments. We all know the OP hates Zeke. Anything to justify his stance, even if it’s a turd with legs.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
So why don't teams pass every down?
Because you run when team sell out to stop the rush.

A team is happier to face an elite rushing team. Than an elite passing team. Al else equal.

Passing efficiency is correlated with winning. Rushing efficiency is not. These aren't opinions. That's just what the regression analysis shows.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
HMMMM … the season Philly won the Super Bowl they were the #3 running team in the NFL.
I wonder if they were up a lot in many games the year the won the world championship?

There is knowledge in that question. Seek it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
When I start taking advice from poindexters that never touched a football in their life, I will let you know. Running the ball doesnt matter yet Dallas was destroyed against the run in the playoffs lol

Nobody said the run doesn't matter, you're strawmanning.