Interesting Cowboys Rumors Regarding Odell and Sean Payton

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You know... Their strategy may work if they would go out and hire a real coach that actually brings something to the table on Sunday's but we don't have that.

We have the perfect recipe for being around mediocre.

817Gill

Reaction score
Stop reading BS that some fantasy writer dreams up. OBJ would have been on suicide watch and dividing the locker room after 4 games with dumpster Dak passing and Saints will have Payton extended by the end of this season. You think personality like Sean Payton is coming to a team just to let a withered senile owner tell him how to run a team? SMH
Idk why everyone so mad lol “interesting news” shouldn’t make you have a hissy fit lol calm down

Either enjoy the news entertainment or don’t open the thread lol stop freaking out and hijacking this to a “Is this the new Earl Thomas?!” or “This is a fairytale!” thread

Not that serious lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idk why everyone so mad lol “interesting news” shouldn’t make you have a hissy fit lol calm down

Either enjoy the news entertainment or don’t open the thread lol stop freaking out and hijacking this to a “Is this the new Earl Thomas?!” or “This is a fairytale!” thread

Not that serious lol

Pay no mind. That's a troll that hasn't been outed yet.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m speaking objectively. He means something to the saints, to New Orleans. He’s not the GM but he has real power in that organization. If he went to Dallas he’d just be Jerry’s HC #8
I got no problem with what you are saying but it is still just your perspective of the situation. Maybe he really wants to be the HC of the Dallas Cowboys, maybe he sees value in that that you do not see. I don't know either but I'm open to other peoples perspectives in a way you don't seem capable of seeing.

conner01

Reaction score
Yes, first Witten, then Beas. No issue leaving behind the one guy every one rallies behind, no? Just speculation on my part.
Witten not Beasley walked away from dak
Beasley left for more money. Can’t blame him one bit but factoring age and cost as well as the upcoming draft class it was the right move
Witten retired and came back to Dak though I wish he was on staff and not the field

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got no problem with what you are saying but it is still just your perspective of the situation. Maybe he really wants to be the HC of the Dallas Cowboys, maybe he sees value in that that you do not see. I don't know either but I'm open to other peoples perspectives in a way you don't seem capable of seeing.

Scout Bryan Broaddus, who previously worked alongside Payton, recently said the Saints coach remains intrigued by the idea of leading the iconic franchise.

“He understands what the [Cowboys] organization means in the grand scheme of things. Sean told me one time, ‘You coach [the Cowboys], they know your name in China. Here, I coach the Saints and they know my name in Tampa, Florida, and in Atlanta, Georgia,'” Broaddus said on The Fan. “But this is really the world’s biggest stage. And that’s the thing, you always want that big opportunity. He’s adamant about the support the Joneses give. [Jerry] would pour his last dime into trying to make this football team good if he could.

“I think there’s a mutual respect between Jerry, Stephen Jones and Sean Payton and where they’re trying to get. If that opportunity becomes available, I think Jerry will do everything he can to make sure he has the right opportunity for the right guy. If Sean Payton does become available, I think it will be under consideration by the Jones family.”

https://nypost.com/2019/01/24/sean-payton-rumors-grow-as-cowboys-wont-commit-to-jason-garrett/

fansince68

Reaction score
I was assured Sean Payton would be the Cowboy coach this year by a number of people on CZ. So saying it’s a good bet he’s gonna do it next year means little.
It was also said that ET was a shoo in to join our squad.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They have loads of cap space and they aren't going to upgrade the team except with rookies and no first rounder.

They didn't extend Garrett and they gave Kellen Moore the OC job by default.

It just doesn't scream like they are trying to win a championship. More like status quo or worse is what they are shooting for.
and they need to pay:
dak
cooper
zak
tank

and other drafts picks that are doing well.

unless you'd rather simply swap our known players for a $$$ FA so we can say we signed someone, i don't get the point when many we could target are not an upgrade over what we have. just a new toy for the toybox of discussions.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The Ravens didnt resign Weddle, there is no way they would give up ET.

You once gave up 2 first round picks for Joey Galloway. A first, a third, and a sixth for Roy Williams. A third for Drew Henson.

Find enough draft picks that Jerry doesn’t value and I’m sure they’ll come around.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Facts are just that and rumors are ideas merely based upon here-say.

The only way to know for sure is simply to wait to learn what's factual.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Payton rumors are gonna be the new earl rumors. It’ll keep happening until in 2020 your head coach is Jason Witten lol

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I said it after the pro-bowl in 2016 when Elliott, Dak, and OBJ were all buddy buddy-- OBJ looked like he wanted to be a Cowboy.