Interesting twitter discussion of the Cowboys option at 3rd overall

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Always pick the transformational player, unless it's a quarterback and yours is transformational.

bodi

Reaction score
yea but how do you pass on Parsons

at say 5 or 7

bodi

Reaction score
http://ninetynineyards.com/2020/10/28/micah-parsons-scouting-report-everything-you-need-to-know/

He fits the mold of a modern day NFL linebacker. In a league that is increasingly valuing speed, Parsons will be able to play every down in the NFL due to his ability to get sideline to sideline and run downhill.

SUMMARY
Micah Parsons is a stud and one of the premier prospects in the 2021 NFL draft. He has all the production and athleticism to be at the very top of this draft class.

Parsons has the making of an elite prospect who will help revolutionise the linebacker room for whichever team picks him. The NFL is increasingly valuing speed over any commodities and that comes at a price.

Don’t expect Parsons to be on the board for very long come draft day

fansince68

Reaction score
If we go that route I like the look of Smith, sewell, Biadasz, Martin, Collins. That could get our line back to dominance immediately, and leave possibilities down the road if Tyron has issues. But if someone offers us multiple premium picks for our pick, I think that's a no brainer.
If we are drafting at #3. We might be able to trade down a few spots with a team wanting one of the top qb's, move no lower than 6, load up on draft picks like an extra 1 in 2022, 2023, and #2 in 2021. In essence, 3 #1 and a 2nd round pick for our Pick #3

Sydla

Reaction score
I am coming around to the notion that if you can't move the 3rd or 4th pick, then take Sewell if he is there. Best value IMO. Yeah I hate taking yet another offensive player when we have so many needs on defense, but to me, a potential long term replacement at LT has more value to me than a LB. Now if Parsons was a stud DT or DE? That would be a different story.

Hardline

Reaction score
The same reason we would want to trade back is the same reason no one will want to trade up.