Irv Cross Dead at 81

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
RIP. I loved the old CBS NFL Today show. Never missed it before the game.

Yup.....Must see TV back in the day.

Man....I feel stupid for not putting 2 and 2 together before now....Irv Cross.....gone. :(

Always thought it was kind of weird he just kind of disappeared off the NFL Today.....and didn't make a comeback on another network.

R.I.P.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Two gorgeous women that were very good at their jobs. Kennedy’s eyes were mesmerizing.
Jayne_Kennedy_1980.JPG

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I read this over the weekend. You know usually, I try to do a little write up on what I know or remember about a person but this time, I think I'll just go with this.

RIP Irvin Acie Cross (July 27, 1939 – February 28, 2021)

:lmao:

You are sooooo right! Those hits would get a defensive player suspended for the season or two or three.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Upending an airborne WR, body-slamming a QB (the infamous Joe "Turkey"Jones - Terry Bradshaw sack), stepping on a player's back while on the ground (what Cowboys player got stomped on in that clip?), clothesline tackle ("Night Train Necktie"), routine facemask...
The NFL was super brutal when it first started a century ago.

And THEN they were playing on that cement grass called ARTIFICIAL TURF! :thumbdown:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
and I never liked Musberger at all... Jimmy the Greek, Irv Cross and of course the lovely Phyllis George were great.
*S.N.L. did a parody of them once w/ Kevin Nealon acting as Brent Mussburger, he acted like he was on a couple of qualuudes& the hilarious part of it was he'd take his index fingers & do that Chinese/ Japanese slanted eye thing,lifting them up or down in correspondence to the happy/ sad parts of his football reporting stories*