Irving filming but no mention of playing

Verdict

Reaction score
Sounds like Irving is filming something, but has no mention of playing football. He was asked/trolled by various "fans" about playing and/or lack of playing by fans.

He did have one comment that was a "no" but not sure if he was referring to playing next year, or as to another post.

Either way his Instagram feed seems to indicate that playing football doesn't seem to be on his radar. At no point did he say "I'm planning on coming back" or "playing" next year.

Maybe he has written off a football career. I know I have written him off and I sure wouldn't give him any guaranteed money, regardless of who he plays for.

dwreck27

Reaction score
giphy.gif

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Dude needs to be intent on finding employment quickly.

Couldn't even pay his rent on the salary of a premiere defensive lineman for the most valuable franchise in sports.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Irving doesn't owe an explanation to fans or even the Cowboys if he don't want to. Dude doesn't want to play football apparently... y'all act like y'all need closure instead of reading between the lines.

Owners have screwed over hundreds of players, stop being dramatic.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Why are we even giving this topic the light of day anymore? It’s clear he doesn’t want to play and we need to accept that. Cut him. I know dude is a beast on the field, but when your mentality isn’t right, your physicality and attitude on the field won’t be right either.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sounds like Irving is filming something, but has no mention of playing football. He was asked/trolled by various "fans" about playing and/or lack of playing by fans.

He did have one comment that was a "no" but not sure if he was referring to playing next year, or as to another post.

Either way his Instagram feed seems to indicate that playing football doesn't seem to be on his radar. At no point did he say "I'm planning on coming back" or "playing" next year.

Maybe he has written off a football career. I know I have written him off and I sure wouldn't give him any guaranteed money, regardless of who he plays for.
Playing football has never really ever been on his radar. It just happened to be something he was really good at and it gave him some great paychecks for a minute.
He just doesn't want to play. And fine, just stop pretending- although I get it: where else can you steal solid paychecks without repercussion?

Verdict

Reaction score
Playing football has never really ever been on his radar. It just happened to be something he was really good at and it gave him some great paychecks for a minute.
He just doesn't want to play. And fine, just stop pretending- although I get it: where else can you steal solid paychecks without repercussion?

That's right. Spot on.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

giphy.gif

cds99

Reaction score
Irving doesn't owe an explanation to fans or even the Cowboys if he don't want to. Dude doesn't want to play football apparently... y'all act like y'all need closure instead of reading between the lines.

Yea you have a valid point he can do whatever he wants. BUT, how often does your employer let you do what the hell you want, when you want to do it?

It's about being professional and appreciative of the opportunity. If he doesn't want to play he needs to go the Jones's and tell them and thank them. Anybody that says they haven't done that when they are leaving a job on good terms...... well....... isn't that much of a person in my opinion. BUT you know what they say about opinions.

Corso

Reaction score

If this goof is "filming" something... I should probably get in on this and steal some paychecks from him.
I mean, make an uber-viral hit that severely outweighs it's production cost! That's what I meant.
Sometimes I speak in tongues.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You're right, but it would be nice to know whether we should expect him or not.

links18

Reaction score
Meh, who cares? Either he is done, comes back like Gregory or somewhere in between. In any event, its out of my hands. Jerry is a sucka for a come back story, so there is that.

Corso

Reaction score
Meh, who cares? Either he is done, comes back like Gregory or somewhere in between. In any event, its out of my hands. Jerry is a sucka for a come back story, so there is that.
Gregory had the desire to come back, face his demons and defeat them.
Irving embraces them and chooses another life.

plymkr

Reaction score
In other breaking news, Matt Johnson is still rehabbing his hamstrings and has no plan to return to the field this year. And Dexter Coakley is not on the trading block for the time being.