Twitter: Irving out Monday

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
He won't be missed....we're used to him being out for one reason or another anyway.......he's likely played his last game here.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He has a high ankle sprain. It can be worse then a break. Gregory just had surgery 9 days ago. Geez!!!!! Injuries happen. Next man up.
I had two bad injuries in my sports career.
Torn achilles and high ankle sprain.
I played through lots of other stuff but those two shut me down.

High ankle sprain can be worse than break because it CAN heal very, very slowly.

Moderate can take about 2-3 months to fully heal and you can give yourself set backs trying it to soon.

Grade 1 - Mild
In mild cases, you can expect full ligament healing at approximately 6 weeks, but it may take longer to prepare you for functional sport again.

Despite most people being told to simply “rest” and it will recover, we find that these mild sprains often result in joint stiffness, ligament laxity, muscle weakness or tightness plus reduced proprioception (balance and joint awareness).

If not adequately treated these often cause your ankle and foot joints to compensate movement at adjacent joints, which can lead to several other injuries months or years down the track.

Grade 2 - Moderate
Grade 2 injuries occur when you have a significant ligament injury that allows the ligament to excessively stretch. In most cases, these injuries result in a recovery period of 6 to 12 weeks. With increasing injury severity, the rehabilitation process becomes more complex and extensive. Grade 2 injuries can be stable or unstable. Unstable injuries will require surgery.

All Grade 2 injuries should be thoroughly rehabilitated to enable:

• full range of motion
  • full strength
  • full proprioception
  • full power and agility
  • full return to sport-specific drills
Grade 3 - Severe
Grade 3 ligament injuries are when the ligament is completely ruptured. More severe high ankle sprain injuries can also include fractures of the bones or high ankle sprains, which will require additional rehabilitation time to a simple ankle sprain.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He won't be missed....we're used to him being out for one reason or another anyway.......he's likely played his last game here.
Can I be honest with you?

I think the team is better without him.
His play is flashy and his pass rush is exciting but play to play we suffer in the run game imho.
Sunday was by far our worst rushing defense versus running backs of the year.
Other games we allowed 100+ were to QB led attacks in Cam and Russ.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Can I be honest with you?

I think the team is better without him.
His play is flashy and his pass rush is exciting but play to play we suffer in the run game imho.
Sunday was by far our worst rushing defense versus running backs of the year.
Other games we allowed 100+ were to QB led attacks in Cam and Russ.
True......It don't really matter how much talent a player has if they're not on the field for extended lengths of time for whatever reasons they're really not much use......I question his desire to do what it takes to have a long NFL career.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Correct. Dallas pays for talent regardless of the side things, which is the way to go. You can't keep paying "RKGs" who aren't talented like Barry Church and Kellen Moore.
You were being serious about that? They don’t need to be Boy Scouts,but this? He’s causing them more trouble than it’s worth. Can you justify paying him a whole years salary for one game and nothing but family drama,a suspension and injuries so far? I can’t.

Flamma

Reaction score
So I guess both Irving and Gregory will be out for some time. They'd be great to have but it's not like Dallas isn't used to not having them. With Irving it's always something.