Is 2019 the year A. Peterson lives his dream of being a Cowboy?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I think we all know we can improve at RB2. AP flashed starter potential, and may be out of budget... but given the decade-long narrative of him wanting to be a Cowboy, perhaps it is doable. Considering he is coming off a league minimum contract with the Skins, the price won't be too high.

On R. Smith -
I think this community overlooks the fact that R. Smith provides us with a synergistic benefit; it keeps Jaylon happy, and can lead to him taking a "hometown discount".... now cutting his brother going into a contract year? I don't think that's smart.

Getting a new RB2, having Smith slide back to FB (believe he started as one or was one in college), I'd support that.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I think we all know we can improve at RB2. AP flashed starter potential, and may be out of budget... but given the decade-long narrative of him wanting to be a Cowboy, perhaps it is doable. Considering he is coming off a league minimum contract with the Skins, the price won't be too high.

On R. Smith -
I think this community overlooks the fact that R. Smith provides us with a synergistic benefit; it keeps Jaylon happy, and can lead to him taking a "hometown discount".... now cutting his brother going into a contract year? I don't think that's smart.

Getting a new RB2, having Smith slide back to FB (believe he started as one or was one in college), I'd support that.
Let it die and delete this thread before @stasheroo sees this!

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Having a 1000 yard season at 33 years old is incredibly impressive, but Peterson got there through a couple big games and a lot of bad games. I think he wore out pretty quick down the stretch, and he's another year and 250 carries older now too.

He's better than Rod Smith for sure, but he's not a guy I would be crazy excited to pursue either.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I don’t want Peterson I’m comfortable with Smith and if I was to seek a up grade it would be a young player. I’d be more interested in Perine if the Commanders cut him.

Carson

Reaction score
Don’t think it’ll happen.

He can play and will want to get heavy snaps. We saw what happened when he signed in New Orleans and was a “rotation guy”

robjay04

Reaction score
He will not be a good back for what we need.

Peterson strives as a back that gets better the more carries he gets. He needs to get a rhythm. Smith is actually the same but to a lesser extent.

We need a change of pace back with speed to compliment Zeke’s power and soft hands.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He'd be a nice back-up to have as long as it is a team friendly deal.

John813

Reaction score
Only way I see him coming was if Zeke was injured/suspended.

I doubt he wants to be that 3-5 carry a game backup *****. Especially when he showed this past year he still has some juice left in the tank and he can continue to surpass people on the all time rushing list.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That campaigning for Peterson back in 2015 was one of the dumbest things on this board.