Is Anthony Brown still on the roster? If so, why?

blueblood70

Reaction score
"It's just one of those days," said Brown after the game.

You cost us a game and possibly an NFC seed, you sieve and penalty magnet!

But Jerry, as is his wont, will cuddle with Brown, possibly breast feed him and give him a raise.

because 3 of those calls were straight bs that why..odd he has solid season no penalties at all and now you want him cut..lmao..

so we should cut dak for his terrible KC game, not showing in the Denver game, while brown and lewis and that defense held KC to nearly 3 shut out qtrs and 19 points on the road??the defnse won the MN game without dak, held atl to 3 points?

so every player who has one bad game should be cut? hes played well since the game 1 Brown on brown hate crime..lol

so now cut him..we wouldn't have team if we cut players for one bad game or two and that bad game mostly on the refs IMO..

baltcowboy

Reaction score

But Jerry, as is his wont, will cuddle with Brown, possibly breast feed him and give him a raise.
Jordan Lewis was worse then Anthony Brown. I did not notice one post concerning his play from anyone. He got roasted by Jackson and Renfro.

The Realist

Reaction score

How many DPI’s did Brown have this season prior to Thursday?

Aulac

Reaction score

He stink but at least he isn't taking up much of our cap space and under-delievered like Dak.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that Anthony Brown's difficulties won't go unnoticed by the coaches forever! His performance vs. the Raiders will be noticed by the staff in the film sessions that follow. Perhaps, it's just a matter of time before Kelvin Joseph get a chance to replace him whenever the staff feels he's fully ready to do so. Kelvin Joseph wasn't ready in TC and he may not be ready just yet, although, another poor game like the last two should more than seal his fate. Let's see if they step up his reps in practice in the days ahead. It might reveal a CB change yet to come, from Brown to Joseph.
Brown was a flag magnet absolutely, but to be honest, Ive seen far worse potential PI calls every game league wide that go ignored by the officials.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Jordan Lewis was worse then Anthony Brown. I did not notice one post concerning his play from anyone. He got roasted by Jackson and Renfro.
Lewis got beat by the same deep option route that has haunted this team for years. If the safety comes up the slot guy runs a seem route. If the safety stays back the slot guy runs a cross. That's the same deep option play the Jets used for that 92 yard touchdown in 2019.

Sad we can't seem to stop one play.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Brown was a flag magnet absolutely, but to be honest, Ive seen far worse potential PI calls every game league wide that go ignored by the officials.

I hold no grudge against Brown for being what he has been for quite some time. He's, normally, OK when defending WRs who aren't especially talented in terms of their long speed and moves. Agreed that he's become a magnet for the officials lately. How long he'll be able to continue on his present path is anyone's guess. The FO has been very patient with him, so far. We'll see how much longer they might hold true to it.

I'm unsure Kelvin Joseph is prepared to assume his spot, as of now. The staff really has problems to overcome, at this juncture. This team, with its current issues, will be obliged to overcome them in the weeks ahead. I hope the return of our walking wounded will help to resolve many of our problems leading to the upcoming playoff picture. It will be interesting to see how well our needs might be attended to, or not, in the weeks ahead. God, help us! o_O

Last edited:

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Thank God we don't have "geniuses" like you running this roster. If you cut every player who had a bad game each week you would have no players left very quickly. Brown has played well this season outside of the Raiders game. Please tell us oh wise one who you would start in his place.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wait so the officiating was horrid and needs investigation but in the meantime let's cut a player who took the brunt of it?

Good question, to be sure! I doubt our FO and staff will see fit to send Brown packing anytime soon. I wouldn't be too surprised if Kelvin Joseph might be upgraded to take his place at some point in the near future, though. Anthony Brown may or may not be counted upon to defend against some of the weaker teams that we'll see in the upcoming games. Some tough decisions will come due pretty soon, though, it seems.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
because 3 of those calls were straight bs that why..odd he has solid season no penalties at all and now you want him cut..lmao..

so we should cut dak for his terrible KC game, not showing in the Denver game, while brown and lewis and that defense held KC to nearly 3 shut out qtrs and 19 points on the road??the defnse won the MN game without dak, held atl to 3 points?

so every player who has one bad game should be cut? hes played well since the game 1 Brown on brown hate crime..lol

so now cut him..we wouldn't have team if we cut players for one bad game or two and that bad game mostly on the refs IMO..

Blimey, crass lad, I will designate you as head cheerleader for Brown.
Here are your pompoms and tight cheerleader's uniform.
Rah-sis-boom-bah!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Tha's to be expected when two offensive players take up 50% of the cap.

Our corners are historically bad, old boy. Jerry keeps drafting corners, so we know he's also bad at drafting secondary.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Feels like the whole defense stunk it up that game. Setback. Offense was the one that caved in against KC, but sort of reversed for this one.

Offense went down fighting, but ST and defense struggled to make plays all game this week. (with maybe few exceptions such as Parsons, Pollard's KR TD, Kearse, etc)