Is Anthony Hitchens better then LVE & Jaylon?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I mean he probably isn't it, but I have to think about it which probably isn't a good sign. Objectively, Smith and LVE have two Pro Bowls between them (including Jaylon's highly questionable alternate selection) so we're not exactly comparing Hitchens to Bobby Wagner.

fivetwos

Reaction score
In terms of sunglass sales or looking like a complete idiot walking into the stadium....Jaylon blows Hitchens away.

Actually, no. Hitchens isnt better than either of them, but they each certainly have their issues.

LVE is probably going to be a career Sean Lee clone...our best all around defender that we cant at all count on.

Smith is a complete enigma.

But hey, Reid went out there and did some wheeling and dealing and put together a defense that was good enough to win with. Clark, Mattieau...

Jerry sits there with his draft picks and cap space and hopes to hit those late rounders.

Smiles at the thought of Tyrone Crawford making a difference.

That's what we get.

Draft picks are only traded for receivers. Jersey sellers.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I don't know if this thread is some cheap argument for Tony Romo or if he's really asking this question......
It's satire for sure, not sure the target just yet.

Although Hitchens while here played better than Jaylon has in two of his three seasons.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know he was only a 4th rd pick & the others were 1st & 2nd rd picks. But Anthony has a Ring.

I am always hearing that players are judged by championships.

Besides our defense hasnt been the same since he left.

....and so do 52 other guys thanks to Patrick Mahomes. Yeah, its a team sport but lets not kid ourselves.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
LVE at his best is on another level that very few Linebackers could even dream of.

I'm just worried that he may have a short career.

Jaylon... This is a make or break year for him.

I don't know if his focus is being the best linebacker he can be anymore.

I think his goal was to come back from that injury and play at a high level.. Once he achieved that we saw a big regression in his play and more talk about being a business man and entrepreneur.
One of the best threads I have read about Jaylon without exaggerating how bad he is. I think he got a little bit ahead of his skies and when LVE was injured he began to try to do everything. Hopefully with LVE back and a better Dline in front of him we see him play better.

cern

Reaction score
hitch played well here. he's played well for kansas city. it's possible kc fans think they know more than andy reid just as ours know more than stephen. hitch played all 3 positions, he played thru pain and deserves the money he's making now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marinelli and the gumshoe factory of coaches changed up the scheme and assignments last year. Why, who in the heck knows. Jaylon looked bad at times from it and LVE also, plus the injuries.
But somehow Jaylon was still one of the top NFL's tacklers I believe. Though he whiffed on more than his share.

But yet everyone wants to get rid of Jaylon it seems. Well, not so fast, as yes, put a lot on the coaches. But some on Jaylon. However it does not warrant getting rid of him. Let's see how he as well, as the rest of the defense does under Nolan and MM. Even DLaw, let's see if he stops yapping and starts hitting.

Hitchens is gone, and was a decent LB for a 4th round pick, but he got offered too much from KC. He is there, not here, so I can care less about any comparisons right now. I want to see what the 2020 season brings.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I know he was only a 4th rd pick & the others were 1st & 2nd rd picks. But Anthony has a Ring.

the 53rd player on the KC team has a ring. does that make him better than everybody else who doesn't have a ring?

Anthony hitchens is a role player, good role player. complimentary player. you don't build a defense around Anthony hitchens. he comes in and fits with what you already built.

75boyz

Reaction score
In terms of sunglass sales or looking like a complete idiot walking into the stadium....Jaylon blows Hitchens away.

Actually, no. Hitchens isnt better than either of them, but they each certainly have their issues.

LVE is probably going to be a career Sean Lee clone...our best all around defender that we cant at all count on.

Smith is a complete enigma.

But hey, Reid went out there and did some wheeling and dealing and put together a defense that was good enough to win with. Clark, Mattieau...

Jerry sits there with his draft picks and cap space and hopes to hit those late rounders.

Smiles at the thought of Tyrone Crawford making a difference.

That's what we get.

Draft picks are only traded for receivers. Jersey sellers.

Excellent post.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
We picked up Hitch with a 4th, I think we got a comp pick for him when he signed with KC. So he was essentially a cheap rental for us on a cheap rookie contract, good deal!

quickccc

Reaction score

Mo Claiborne now has a ring too (per Chiefs) ..so i guess he should be the breakfast of champions too. :muttley:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dallas let hitchens walk to go with a project player J smith, who they only got 1 good year out of 4 rookie deal years . And 1 year he didnt play,
and was hobbled his 2nd year. Now he is a corporation lol.
KC got the better deal. Hitchens is mostly there on game day and plays consistently each year.
If he wasnt good do u think andy would have signed him? :huh:
They have a guy who makes plays, we have a guy who celebrates his personal deeds , and is a corporation lol.
It is pretty simple who got the best deal.:flagwave:

stiletto

Reaction score

I liked Hitchens, for where he was drafted we got great value out of him. Jaylon has probably turned out to be one of my least favorite players mainly because of the way he acts after tackling someone 10 yards down the field all the time. LOL He's a great story but a very average player. LVE has the potential to be a complete monster if he can stay healthy. I don't think he was healthy at all last year.