Is Anthony Hitchens better then LVE & Jaylon?

Jeffkills

Reaction score
On my honor, LVE is going to come back, like a demon possessed!!!

Tell me, that kid doesn't have the instincts to be GREAT...

Coming from a town with like two street lights, there's no way in hell he isn't going to come back with vengeance...

The injury limited him, but without it, he'll continue the trajectory he was on since walking on at Boise State...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Not sure what the fascination is with the hypothetical who’s better questions. The goal is to win a SB. Hitchens has been on a team which accomplished that. I’d take being a worse player and winning over being a better player and losing all day.

It’s why I don’t care if people want to claim if Barry Sanders was better than Emmitt Smith. Let Barry have a title that doesn’t mean jack squat while Emmitt has 3 rings that do.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
its spelled COACH, how bout we see what Jaylon a LVE can do with a real one, I don't know how but our last coaching staf had a knack for making players worse the longer they played on the team..... Jaylon looked great with minimal exposure to it then after 2 years looked like he didn't understand what a gap was..

JayFord

Reaction score
Hitchens imo was solid when he was here im not sure of his play in KC

but give me LVE and Jaylon everytime

FVSTONE

Reaction score
JJ & Co finally figured it out that they needed more beef up front to free up their young backers so signing both McCoy & Poe was a GREAT GM move. These signing are just what the doctor ordered for both LVE & JS who should have OUTSTANDING numbers between the two of them and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they both end up being named PRO BOWL starters this year. BOOK IT!

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Dallas let hitchens walk to go with a project player J smith, who they only got 1 good year out of 4 rookie deal years . And 1 year he didnt play,
and was hobbled his 2nd year. Now he is a corporation lol.
KC got the better deal. Hitchens is mostly there on game day and plays consistently each year.
If he wasnt good do u think andy would have signed him? :huh:
They have a guy who makes plays, we have a guy who celebrates his personal deeds , and is a corporation lol.
It is pretty simple who got the best deal.:flagwave:
No they don't. Hitchens has 1 career Int, 4 career forced fumbles, 0 fumbles recovered, 9 career passes defended and 5.5 sacks. Plus he had a missed tackle % of 12% last season and 88 total tackles. Hitchens has a $12,692,500 cap hit in 2020.

Jaylon Smith has 1 career int, 6 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 16 passes defended, 7.5 sacks and a TD. He had a missed tackle % of 7.8% and 142 total tackles last season. Jaylon has a $7,771,000 cap hit in 2020

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know he was only a 4th rd pick & the others were 1st & 2nd rd picks. But Anthony has a Ring.

I am always hearing that players are judged by championships.

Besides our defense hasnt been the same since he left.

Most of the time it is not players who are judged by rings it is QB who is judged by SB. I think even that is unfair but I do understand if Hitchens makes a mistake he has other defenders around him to cover up the mistake and make the stop. QB screws up and there is no covering up the mistake. I think Hitchens is a good LB total skill wise I take LVE and Jaylon over him.

quickccc

Reaction score
As far as being a reliable, durable backup, Hitchen was worth the mid round (4th) we invested in him, ..he's an hard all out hustler and versatile enough to swing to Middle LB to OLB, in a pinch as he did for sean lee

- But he's not a stand out starter, he's not a true difference maker. Hes' functional but he doesn't make big plays.
He's not pro bowl caliber, and he's been known to struggle vs pass.
Hitchen was another decent/serviceable type, but not the kind you want to invest big dollar contract (in which Chiefs did and Stephen did not) .
Here with the Cowboys he would have due as a key versatile backup LB.

- the other ex-Cowboys LB Damien Wilson was very durable, he was a decent blitzer, can make sturdy tackles vs run.
But he was also mediocre vs pass, teams can move and scheme pass options vs Wilson with TEs and pass catching RBs.
And he was yet another decent/average type that Stephen was not gonna " pay out big money to average players ".

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know he was only a 4th rd pick & the others were 1st & 2nd rd picks. But Anthony has a Ring.

I am always hearing that players are judged by championships.

Besides our defense hasnt been the same since he left.
the equipment guy has a ring, whats your point?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
No, but I think he's had better coaching in KC than he had in DAL and they've been able to really get the most out of him.

conner01

Reaction score
The 3rd string OG also has a ring - does that make him better than Zach Martin?

QB's are often judged by championships - at least in part. Not so much linebackers.
I don’t think any player wins a ring
I’ve always thought teams win a SB, not a QB or LB
Trent dilfer has a ring but Marino was a better QB and he doesn’t have one

plasticman

Reaction score
What do you mean better than?

Judging by your post, I'm assuming that you are referring to his ability to see into the future where the Chief's 2019 is revealed to him and him only.

Personally, I would have retired after 2018 and saved up every penny I had to place on the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl before the 2019 season began.

So, yeah, Hitchens is a better prophet.......but definitely not smarter.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
No, but I think he's had better coaching in KC than he had in DAL and they've been able to really get the most out of him.
check his stats vs his contract. Hitchens has to be one of the most overpaid players in the game right now.