Is Anthony Hitchens better then LVE & Jaylon?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know he was only a 4th rd pick & the others were 1st & 2nd rd picks. But Anthony has a Ring.

I am always hearing that players are judged by championships.

Besides our defense hasnt been the same since he left.
This is like people rueing Mo Claiborne after the Super Bowl despite the fact he barely played all year

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hitchens had a good 2018, but was below average in 2019.

His 2019 was still above what he did while here. Wasn't great but he is still a solid player and of course it helped having some good DT's in front of him.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Rather see him play without the possession part.

C'mon, can't you just imagine LVE sack, head turning a full 360, then spewing a gallon of split pea soup into poor QB's (Wentz) face?

I can.

Hmm. Maybe it's time I check back in with my doctor, maybe alter my (prescription) drugs a smidgen . . .

Oh, but that's such a beautiful image, LVE doing a 360. Over Wentz.

Yeah.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know he was only a 4th rd pick & the others were 1st & 2nd rd picks. But Anthony has a Ring.

I am always hearing that players are judged by championships.

Besides our defense hasnt been the same since he left.

Hitchens success with the Chiefs highlights that scheme matters.

Wilson also started with the Chiefs.

I was a fan of Hitchens considering that he was a terrific 4th round pick. I defended him when Mr. "give me likes" continually trashed the pick and the player.

Having said that, it was shocking that he got 9M per at the point that he got that contract because is was near the top of the market at the time.

I would ask the opposite question. How would Cowboys 4th LB Joe Thomas look if he replaced Hitchens on KC's defense?

75boyz

Reaction score
Dallas let hitchens walk to go with a project player J smith, who they only got 1 good year out of 4 rookie deal years . And 1 year he didnt play,
and was hobbled his 2nd year. Now he is a corporation lol.
KC got the better deal. Hitchens is mostly there on game day and plays consistently each year.
If he wasnt good do u think andy would have signed him? :huh:
They have a guy who makes plays, we have a guy who celebrates his personal deeds , and is a corporation lol.
It is pretty simple who got the best deal.:flagwave:

Excellent value comparison breakdown. Nice job.

robertfchew

Reaction score
The 3rd string OG also has a ring - does that make him better than Zach Martin?

QB's are often judged by championships - at least in part. Not so much linebackers.

Ask any eagles fan and they will tell you nick foles is better than dan marino. A lot of bad quarterbacks luck into superbowls, some like Eli do it twice.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
On my honor, LVE is going to come back, like a demon possessed!!!

Tell me, that kid doesn't have the instincts to be GREAT...

Coming from a town with like two street lights, there's no way in hell he isn't going to come back with vengeance...

The injury limited him, but without it, he'll continue the trajectory he was on since walking on at Boise State...

Man, I gotta say, Hitchens was a beast. Everything you want, really, in a fourth-round pick.

There were no big expectations for the guy, not huge as a fourth round pick.

It was the way he learned the defense. And the way he caught on very fast.. that and the guy, for whatever he may or may lack in physical talent, makes up for every bit with heart.

Loved that player. Sad he's gone.

But we have some really stellar linebackers.

If not for that, Hitchens would likely still be here.