Is Anyone Getting a Little Worried About Dak's Injuries?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it is football, players will play with all sorts of aliments it is part of the deal when they started playing. Most players will not be 100% by the end of the season. Clearly if the medical staff feels this is something that Dak need to sit then they will sit him if not then he will play. If the only time a player played this game is when he was 100% you would not have enough players to fill a team. It is the nature of the game.
I agree it is a case by case basis.
Will Zeke play hurt? You bet! We've always got Tony. Wil Dak play hurt? Depends. WHo do we have to step in? Why not take some caution?

But us deciding HERE? Um....lol okay.

I think we are in agreement.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Yes, somewhat.

Seems like the shoulder and the calf both could be related to compensation in his mechanics, related to foot injury. His foot has changed things...doesn't move as well now.
I wouldn't move the same if I snapped my shin like a twig. I didn't have that kind of break and don't move well. Of course I am 60+. :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He had some injuries/ailments during his first 4 seasons but was able to play with them. Dak has has been having to do a lot more the past two seasons. Ever since Kellen Moore took over the offense his passing attempts have gone way up.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I believe it was 3 years ago he played with a sore shoulder.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
For his 1st 4 years, he never missed a game. He was a tank. But starting last year, he missed most the year. Needed 2 surgeries on his ankle. Then gets a new injury in his shoulder in the offseason. And now a calf strain. I am not going to start comparing him to Romo at all but I hope we don't see these injuries start to pop up every year and we get to what Romo became where it was always something every season. This is what separated him from Romo.

I am way more concerned about ongoing injury issues with Tyron Smith and Amari Cooper.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I agree so I'm sure you'll understand when Dak is forced to sit out a couple of weeks. ;)
Did the MRI reveal any concerning tears or swelling to Dak's calf muscle or ligaments? Based on Cowboys comments and reactions it appears to be a mild strain. If it is more serious than the Cowboys let on
then one of the backups will be taking the reps likely sooner than later. The bye week came at a convenient time.

akcowboy22

Reaction score
As good as he is this year, I see an even bigger year next season. This has to be hard on him with the injury he had.

Mr_437

Reaction score
My sources say Dak is ok, no problems...he definitely playing vs Minn.

Dak one the sturdiest QBs in the league, no concerns.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
For his 1st 4 years, he never missed a game. He was a tank. But starting last year, he missed most the year. Needed 2 surgeries on his ankle. Then gets a new injury in his shoulder in the offseason. And now a calf strain. I am not going to start comparing him to Romo at all but I hope we don't see these injuries start to pop up every year and we get to what Romo became where it was always something every season. This is what separated him from Romo.

I am...not worried about our QB.

Loso86

Reaction score
Nope, all freak incidents. It's not continuous injuries to like hamstrings or stingers or back or neck

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Tom Brady's been listed as "questionable" on the injury report every week for 15 years.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Romo's injuries were the same way, usually some freak accident yet he was still labeled as injury prone.

Now Dak has had all sorts of little things popping up, even before this year. Has he pushed through some and still played? Yes, but it definitely affected his play.

I am a little worried about his ankle though. He has said he's going to be a little more cautious about running which is understandable, but he seems slower when running. I'm hoping it's just because the injury was fairly recently and he'll get back to speed in time. He was never a huge scrambler but it was an extra dimension to his game that was nice to have.

blueblood70

Reaction score

not just last year in 2019 his shoulder cost us the philly game and a shot at the playoffs and the division.

2019 shoulder
2020 ankle OFS
2021 shoulder /calf

yes a little concern like romo seems like as they become the best version of themselves and arrive , get paid, now they start getting hurt more often.

happened t o Aikman as well, back and concussions..

juts need to get the ring before the window closes..

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Ankle was an obvious fluke injury and the shoulder issue was a result of overcompensating due to ankle injury. With Romo he had a similar repeat injury on his back and shoulder which weakened those areas. Now, if Dak were to suffer another ankle break to the same ankle then you start to worry but as of right now, no.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Did the MRI reveal any concerning tears or swelling to Dak's calf muscle or ligaments? Based on Cowboys comments and reactions it appears to be a mild strain. If it is more serious than the Cowboys let on
then one of the backups will be taking the reps likely sooner than later. The bye week came at a convenient time.

MRI confirmed a strain with no damage. Heard from a source I can't link here that Dak will rest for a few more days before ramping up his rehab and the plan remains for him to play at Minnesota on the 31st. Team is not concerned at all.