Is anyone opposed to trading Zeke?

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'm not opposed to trading anyone not named Tyron Smith, Martin, and Collins

Satchel89

Reaction score
Anybody out there?

It turns out that paying RBs is as stupid as everyone said it was.

Anyways..

Do we have any use for this “luxury” going forward?

I know he is a face of the franchise but we need that money to fix the defense. He’s very replaceable and I don’t see this team competing until 2022 at best anyways.
I would love to trade him but who wants him?

feedhim1979

Reaction score
we are talking about a back who is in his prime and one of the elite backs in the nfl.
I wouldnt want to trade him for less than 2 firsts,and if they arent top half of the 1st round 1sts I would want a second rounder as well.
Since we arent going to get that....no, I don't want to trade him.
I want to feed him like he deserves.

ICP

Reaction score
I've never liked him so wouldn't be a bit disappointed if he was traded

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Jerry Jones should have seen the sign when this RB tried to force him for a new deal 2 years before his first one finish...only fools like the Jones do that action

stiletto

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd field all calls for any player for the right price. Not sure anyone is off limits except maybe Zach Martin. We desperately need to do a full rebuild on the defensive side of the ball.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Anybody out there?

Anyways..

I know he is a face of the franchise but we need that money to fix the defense. He’s very replaceable and I don’t see this team competing until 2022 at best anyways.
Not anymore I’m not. Dump Zeke. Amari. Tank. And let’s see what we can get for them to go along with a top 10 pick that we seem to be aiming for.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
2023 is s 6 mil cap hit. 2022 is 10 mil

It's worse than that. The guarantees for the *following* year that make Zeke impossible to cut before 2023.
2022 salary is guaranteed in 2021. So cutting him is 10.8mil dead + 12.4mil gtd salary.
Cutting him early 2021 saves us paying him his 2022 salary.
Cutting him 2022 saves us nothing.

In terms of new cap hit that we can avoid, the marginal cost of Zeke for the next 2 years is 6.2mil per year, if we cut him early 2021. We save nothing by cutting him in 2022.

We *can* cut him in 2023 with 6.7mil dead cap to avoid his 10.9mil salary. Zeke will be here til then.
  • 2021 salary fully guarantees on 3/22/2020 (injury guaranteed now)
  • 2022 salary fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2021 (injury guaranteed now)

cowboyec

Reaction score
we are talking about a back who is in his prime and one of the elite backs in the nfl.
I wouldnt want to trade him for less than 2 firsts,and if they arent top half of the 1st round 1sts I would want a second rounder as well.
Since we arent going to get that....no, I don't want to trade him.
I want to feed him like he deserves.
why?
he deserves to be "starved".
he runs like he's on a damn slip n slide.
he can't keep his feet and turn a 7yd run into a 20...let alone break 60 or 70yders anymore.
hell at this point...put in Rico Dowdle.

feedhim1979

Reaction score
why?
he deserves to be "starved".
he runs like he's on a damn slip n slide.
he can't keep his feet and turn a 7yd run into a 20...let alone break 60 or 70yders anymore.
hell at this point...put in Rico Dowdle.

he isn't getting the rock enough is the problem, so he can't get into a groove.

the titans are 5-1 because they are willing to run D Henry into the ground.

If we give zeke 35 touches next game, we win. It's that simple.

You know what our game plan needs to be next game? Run zeke right, run zeke left, run zeke up the middle....just again and again and again.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke is now 0-2 without Dak. He would have been Trent Richardson 2.0 had he been drafted by the Browns. :laugh:

cowboyec

Reaction score
he isn't getting the rock enough is the problem, so he can't get into a groove.

the titans are 5-1 because they are willing to run D Henry into the ground.

If we give zeke 35 touches next game, we win. It's that simple.

You know what our game plan needs to be next game? Run zeke right, run zeke left, run zeke up the middle....just again and again and again.
no....it shouldn't.
a few years ago that was true.
this year.
our strength are our WRs....not the RB and Oline.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Anybody out there?

Anyways..

Dallas can trade Zeke for a return if they wanted. It needs to be sooner rather than later. Zeke and Romo would have been a good pairing.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
It's worse than that. The guarantees for the *following* year that make Zeke impossible to cut before 2023.
2022 salary is guaranteed in 2021. So cutting him is 10.8mil dead + 12.4mil gtd salary.
Cutting him early 2021 saves us paying him his 2022 salary.
Cutting him 2022 saves us nothing.

In terms of new cap hit that we can avoid, the marginal cost of Zeke for the next 2 years is 6.2mil per year, if we cut him early 2021. We save nothing by cutting him in 2022.

We *can* cut him in 2023 with 6.7mil dead cap to avoid his 10.9mil salary. Zeke will be here til then.
  • 2021 salary fully guarantees on 3/22/2020 (injury guaranteed now)
  • 2022 salary fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2021 (injury guaranteed now)

Would trading him this offseason offset the cap hit?

feedhim1979

Reaction score
no....it shouldn't.
a few years ago that was true.
this year.
our strength are our WRs....not the RB and Oline.

you could make that case if we had a healthy dak....but who is going to be throwing the ball to these wrs so they can
be used?
zeke almost led us to the promised land in 2016....that back is there.
Hell he got that tattoo this year because he *wants* to be fed. Just let him eat....let him eat and pound the other teams backers.
Its not like giving him limited carries is working for our offense.