Is anyone opposed to trading Zeke?

cowboyec

Reaction score
you could make that case if we had a healthy dak....but who is going to be throwing the ball to these wrs so they can
be used?
zeke almost led us to the promised land in 2016....that back is there.
Hell he got that tattoo this year because he *wants* to be fed. Just let him eat....let him eat and pound the other teams backers.
Its not like giving him limited carries is working for our offense.
if this was the team playing seattle for a playoff spot from a few yrs back.....yes.
but we dont have the same oline.
and #21 ain't the same back.
throw the rock to set up the run.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Exactly WHO is giving up a decent pick to pay a RB 15M per for the next two seasons??

Really, who?

Theres only one monumentally stupid NFL franchise at the moment and we cant trade him to ourselves.

uvaballa

Reaction score
3rd rounder is the best you could get for him. Dude is washed.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Anybody out there?

It turns out that paying RBs is as stupid as everyone said it was.

@CATCH17 He isn’t tradable. He’s just not. What really kills me is that not only did he hold out in training camp, but Jerry completely caved on the contract. And he didn’t just cave on the number but on the structure.

Have a look for yourself:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys/

That’s $35 million in dead money. If they cut him, they’d immediately be $18 million over the cap. They’d have to cut three or four other good players just to release him.

So yeah, we’d all love to cut Zeke tomorrow, but it’s just not possible. And know what the kicker is? It’s not even possible next year.

It has to do with how the contract is structured - it was written specifically to make him uncuttable.

He’s not getting cut or traded before 2022. Period. The only hope is to void his contract with the morality clause - but he’d have to screw up first.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Anybody out there?

Anyways..

Do we have any use for this “luxury” going forward?

I know he is a face of the franchise but we need that money to fix the defense. He’s very replaceable and I don’t see this team competing until 2022 at best anyways.
Wouldn't that cripple the cap?

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
@CATCH17 He isn’t tradable. He’s just not. What really kills me is that not only did he hold out in training camp, but Jerry completely caved on the contract. And he didn’t just cave on the number but on the structure.

Have a look for yourself:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys/

That’s $35 million in dead money. If they cut him, they’d immediately be $18 million over the cap. They’d have to cut three or four other good players just to release him.

So yeah, we’d all love to cut Zeke tomorrow, but it’s just not possible. And know what the kicker is? It’s not even possible next year.

It has to do with how the contract is structured - it was written specifically to make him uncuttable.

He’s not getting cut or traded before 2022. Period. The only hope is to void his contract with the morality clause - but he’d have to screw up first.

Well, that's just bad GMing :laugh:

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No one should be untouchable on this team, some are untradeable just because of their contracts, Zeke probably tops that list.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Only players i wouldn't want traded are Martin, Lamb, Gallop, Dak, Collins, and Diggs. I like the young center too but haven't seen enough to put him on the list.

amuze

Reaction score
Barkley had equivalent numbers his rookie year as zeke did and Barkley was running behind one of the worst O lines in the league.

Why does over rated zeke get the O line excuse now?
Barkley ran for SIX yards (on 17 carries?) in his one full game this year...imagine if Zeke did that.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Gonna have to either be a 6th rounder or out right release

He’s got zero pop

And has zero ambition to be good

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Anybody out there?

Anyways..

I know he is a face of the franchise but we need that money to fix the defense. He’s very replaceable and I don’t see this team competing until 2022 at best anyways.
Crazy how fast you went from "Zeke is the engine to this offense" to "we shouldn't have ever paid him".

Growth, my dude. Proud of you, and glad I could help you see the way!

jsb357

Reaction score
zeke got a break behind the best oline in the league. he's shown to be VERY average behind a bad oline. IMO he should have been traded from the beaches of Cabo. Way to build a winner Jerry!!

:lmao2:

quickccc

Reaction score
1) If i'm the team - i'd get zeke into a offseason program and re-shape his body frame back to the 2016 version - it's clear to em that Garrett bulking him up to be more of a pounding bell cow back has caused him burst and lack of explosion... it was that breakaway burst that made defenses fear him, and why he was 4th overall pick .

2) moore needs big help with better utilizing RBs both vs run and vs pass. how long have we've been talking about using Pollard in pass game ?
and he very very seldfom exploits the RB screen or quick flair passes i thought Mccarthy and Skip Peete would help with this - but seems MM is letting
K-Moore handle RBs all alone.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dude if you want a perfect column by someone go read the newspaper.

This post got by my editor.. Relax.

I see every comment becomes a different reason. First you started a foolish thread and then when more than one person said it was foolish you changed it to be a joke and now you you say it got past some editor from who knows where. Next is it going to be that it was because it is Sunday and everyone knows that threads started on Sundays are jokes that get by some editor? Gee when I showed your original thread to my editor he asked what is wrong with that guy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I see every comment becomes a different reason. First you started a foolish thread and then when more than one person said it was foolish you changed it to be a joke and now you you say it got past some editor from who knows where. Next is it going to be that it was because it is Sunday and everyone knows that threads started on Sundays are jokes that get by some editor? Gee when I showed your original thread to my editor he asked what is wrong with that guy.

Dude I don’t know. You want me to say my thread sucks? Fine.. I agree with you.. It sucks because we can’t trade him.

I should’ve done a fact check before posting.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Anybody out there?

Anyways..

How many lessons have you learned this year?