Is anyone opposed to trading Zeke?

superonyx

Reaction score
I didn’t say he was a problem.. He’s just not an answer..

We can get a player to do what he does for cheap.
When you have the worst offensive line in the NFL by far no one not playing on the OL is the answer.
The only thing that makes our OL look serviceable is comparing them to our entire defense. ]

If you think its a waste to keep a great RB running behind a terrible OL and you have no short term plans to fix the line then I guess it doesnt really matter if you trade him or not.
If you think you can repair the OL rather quickly then you keep the RB.

aria

Reaction score
He’s been a big problem this year.
He’s actually been a problem since before we drafted him yet Jerrah and zekes panty sniffers ignored the red flags and defended him by minimizing all of his off the field actions only because he had a star on the side of his helmet.

CWR

Reaction score
I’ll

Abqcowboy and I argued with a lot of posters about signing Zeke..

One of the things that upset me most is the leverage Jerry had and he still kinda gave him what he wanted.

Whatever.. A lot of people on this forum wanted that Zeke deal.. They got it..

I think he is still a great player but right now he is not good and he’s a luxury we can no longer afford..

A bad team doesn’t pay their RB that kind of money..

That's exactly what a bad team does, make bad decisions.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Anybody out there?

It turns out that paying RBs is as stupid as everyone said it was.

Anyways..

Do we have any use for this “luxury” going forward?

I know he is a face of the franchise but we need that money to fix the defense. He’s very replaceable and I don’t see this team competing until 2022 at best anyways.

I can think of at least 31 GMs opposed you trading (for) Zeke, so...yea

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I say when we travel to our next game, leave him on the tarmac on the way back and make him spend his own money to get back. Waste away all that money he’s making since he’s wasting our cap. What a useless, gutless player. Can’t wait til he’s gone. A fresh out of college RB is the best RB.

TLAMGUY

Reaction score
Can't say that I am against trading Zeke IF it generated Herschel Walker pics. Highly unlikely and I may not be thinking clearly right now. I feel like I just got jacked up by the Washington Football Team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
was the 4 threads before this game on fire sales and trading players not enough, many on zekes that we have to discussed it again?? again and again..its been openly discussed as little as 48hrs ago and now another thread? seriously do you not understand football i the NFl cap era? hes not tradable unless you pay another team to take contracts like Zeke, Coopers, and other who recently signed or were extended..

so give zeke and other away for practically nothing and dead cap money? insane

that just movign bodies for no reason accept kneejerk parachute pulling when its not going to open..

its far too late for that hes here at least one more year if not 2..

you know what can be avoided, dont pay dak..you want to save money, dont make another mistake if you want rebuild you avoid big new deals..you ready for rebuild well you have to keep the ones with bloated contracts but daks 40mil could sure build a better defense and when our helathy OL comes back next season get journeymen QB to bridge the gap while rebuilding the defense and getting ready to cut zeke and trade AC in 2022..its starts there

you want all the stars gone in fire sales and leave dak with what exactly? if you want to keep Dal you have to keep the rest , makes no sense..

so lets just not sign Dak let him seek trades with a NON Exclusive tag get high draft picks for him and that start right there..

if not you call this a lost season due to injurys and move forward with Coaching staff that will have an offseason with laundry list of needs to fix with a healthy OL and dak but retooled defense and hope for better 2021..

lest let MM and the staff have real shot before we completely go into cap heck with no payers to build on and cant afford to add any new ones.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Anybody out there?

Anyways..

I know he is a face of the franchise but we need that money to fix the defense. He’s very replaceable and I don’t see this team competing until 2022 at best anyways.
I am not opposed. but what will you get in return? who is going to take on a large contract with 4 years remaining, for a RB, that now clearly is not op 10? a 5th round pick?

cern

Reaction score
Every week i am losing more and more interest in zeke. I was his biggest supporter. Not like its been just one bad game. He's screwed something up every game. No more comparison to Emmett.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Anybody out there?

Anyways..

He and Demarcus are both untradeable until after 2021 with their dead cap hit.

https://overthecap.com/player/demarcus-lawrence/2973/

https://overthecap.com/player/ezekiel-elliott/4717/

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who's trading anything for Zeke today? What GM is giving up for than a 6th for Zeke?

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Wouldn't be opposed to trading him if there are any good offers.

It also wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him regain his superstar form in a new setting.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Anybody out there?

Anyways..

Please learn what cap hits are before starting threads

blueblood70

Reaction score
Since we're stuck with him due to his contract, I'm hopeful this is similar to the Todd gurley situation from a few years back. He was under Jeff Fisher and just sucked...as soon as Fisher was gone and they brought in mcvay, he immediately turned back into a elite back (until his knees messed up)....in other words, let's get rid of Moore and see what happens lol
does anyone see the OL is 3rd string its not just Moore but i agree Moore is Zeke downfall but the last 3 games the Ol is not just in shambles if they cant protect the qb you think holes are being opened..its over dude to the OL and dak being gone..

trying to find reasons to trade players with no return but dead money its insane..next year new season reboot..

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Zeke is, unfortunately, washed. RBs don't last long in this league. he's taken as many hits as any since he joined the league. he's considerably slower compared to his first ~2 years. he doesn't have NEARLY the burst he used to. holes he used to see and take for 50+ yards go for 10-15 these days. it sucks to see, but he's finished being an elite RB. on top of the huge loss in burst, he can't hold on to the football.

i'm far from a Cowboys pessimist, but it is what it is. he's not a bum and can still play, he's just not elite and not nearly worth the money. should never have signed him long-term. it was fun while it lasted, and he was needed while he was monster, but he's not that guy anymore.