Is anyone watching the AAF?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Man, what a scam with that #94's injury, and their applying rejuvenating procedures to him right out on the field,,,,:lmao:Lmao:lmao:

* AZ. got a pretty serviceable Q.B.

jchap2k

Reaction score
Overall, I'd say I'm reasonably happy with this new league. Its entertaining and interesting. Some of the rule changes I have to say I'm OK with. I like that they are also limiting rushers and removing the kick off, which will reduce injuries and let this league really be a good minor league for the NFL.
It is like a level of difficulty up from College, but not quite at NFL level of complexity. I think this could help develop young QBs and let them adjust to NFL lite game speed while reducing injuries during the development stage (same for other positions as well, WR can work on their routes, OL increase their strength, etc) Players who come out of AAF teams to NFL will be much more NFL ready than pure college kids, and will be more mature possibly.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Overall, I'd say I'm reasonably happy with this new league. Its entertaining and interesting. Some of the rule changes I have to say I'm OK with. I like that they are also limiting rushers and removing the kick off, which will reduce injuries and let this league really be a good minor league for the NFL.
It is like a level of difficulty up from College, but not quite at NFL level of complexity. I think this could help develop young QBs and let them adjust to NFL lite game speed while reducing injuries during the development stage (same for other positions as well, WR can work on their routes, OL increase their strength, etc) Players who come out of AAF teams to NFL will be much more NFL ready than pure college kids, and will be more mature possibly.
It's just starting out, so I expect it to get more elaborate as they develop.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Yeah, no upstart league is going to ever compete with the NFL's money.

This league has a real chance.

I do wonder how it can co-exist with the XFL next year.

Sounds like a weird scenario.

Especially the talent level at QB. It is pretty bad here. Can't imagine when they add XFL teams to it. The hope would be NFL teams will work out a way to loan some of their prospects...the third stringers.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not so sure the kicker's "selling" an injury. I could definitely see that hit causing some pain to someone who isn't used to being hit.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Rooting for SA team being from South Texas but Wolford is looking like the best qb in the league right now & the connection with Ross is one to watch if you’re paying attention to these games.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
It's just starting out, so I expect it to get more elaborate as they develop.
I almost responded to @jchap2k 's post ,as I it was a pretty good one,yet,I wanted to point out that 'some' of the playing skill sets these players are developing & being instilled with, will end up getting them flagged off the field& fined out the ying yang in the first half of an NFL game,,,from what I've seen,,,still, it's a good thing having this AAF around for however long it'll last, my guess is it'll fold up just as soon as the XFL fly's like a lead brick& folds up,,,er,,,in the same calendar yearo_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Especially the talent level at QB. It is pretty bad here. Can't imagine when they add XFL teams to it. The hope would be NFL teams will work out a way to loan some of their prospects...the third stringers.
Off hand, I'd suspect that all those diamonds in the rough the leagues 32 teams keep salted away on their P.S. will be the first to be pilfered/pinched, I can see it now,,, "sign with the XFL ,play now,get paid now" o_O

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
It’s always hyperbole to think Clemson or Alabama could even compete with the very worst NFL team, but could they compete with these AAF teams?

I would think both DLs would wreck shop since they’re littered with first round draft picks and these players are MOSTLY UDFAs with the exception of guys like Richardson.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
The problem im having is exposure. Didn't get the San Antonio game or the Sunday game. Watched some taped game film Sunday morning.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Games have been relatively lopsided, and most of this has to do with the offensive lines and QB to WR timing. I'm interested to see how the league looks mid-way.