Is anything less than a Super Bowl win considered a disappointment for the Eagles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughneck

Reaction score
I have to think it is. Even if they get to the Game and lose, I'd still think it would still be viewed as a failure in the eyes of their "oh-so-caring" fans.

Also, I can't help but think how the Eagles have fared when facing pressure in their biggest game in each of the last 3 years (NFC Championship = 0-3). How will Philadelphia do now that the pressure has been turned up a couple of major notches? Were the acquisitions of an recently-injured Defensive End and a loud-mouthed, cancerous Wide Receiver enough to offset this heavy burden? I guess only time will tell.

David

Reaction score
Absolutely!

I think McRibb will go out with a season ending injury on Monday Nov. 15th around 9:30 PM CST at Texas Stadium as the Nation looks on. That will ruin any chances of them having the type of successful season they are hoping for.

I feel that one of our new rookies will put a nice hit on McRibb, and feed him turf cookies in the process.

Anyway, that my official spin on the Eagles 2004 season. :D

Roughneck

Reaction score
David said:
Absolutely!

I think McRibb will go out with a season ending injury on Monday Nov. 15th around 9:30 PM CST at Texas Stadium as the Nation looks on. That will ruin any chances of them having the type of successful season they are hoping for.

I feel that one of our new rookies will put a nice hit on McRibb, and feed him turf cookies in the process.

Anyway, that my official spin on the Eagles 2004 season. :D
A rookie gets that honor? I think RW is not only more deserving but much better equiped to handle said situation. :D

scottsp

Reaction score
Is anything less than a Super Bowl win considered a disappointment for the Eagles?

For the fourth straight year, absolutely.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Considering, that they changed their usual plan by signing splashy FAs and moving up for Andrews, I'd say it is now or never in Eagles' land.

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
I would have to say yes.

Although most of the eagles fans believe that this years eagles will be a better team than they have fielded in the past, I just don't see that happening.

This will probably be the last season that they will be favored to win the NFC East. IMO, they have reached their zenith and are on the way down.

I believe that one of the things that proves my point, is the way that they have spent in FA this offseason. Signing high priced free agents is a sign of desperation on management's part to win this season at any cost.

They know that the window of oppourtunity is closing quickly and are scrambling to crawl through before it does. Unfortunately, Reid will probably not survive the eagles fall from grace. Somebody has to take the fall.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Ahhh...a fresh thought provoking thread...finally.

I would have to think anything short of winning the big game is a failure for the Iggles. Getting there and not winning would put them into more of a tailspin then not getting there at all IMO.

It's time for them to **** or get off the pot. After this year the tide will turn for many more years to come...infact it may very well be to late. Two or three nice post June 1st aquisitions for the Boys may be enough to swing the tide sooner then later.

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
I bet they would be just thrilled to get past the Championship game.

blindzebra

Reaction score
BillsFan said:
I bet they would be just thrilled to get past the Championship game.

Taking the next step, finally, and falling short would be a crushing blow, especially with all the hype over Kearse and Owens.

David

Reaction score
Roughneck said:
A rookie gets that honor? I think RW is not only more deserving but much better equiped to handle said situation. :D
O.K. I can go with Roy Williams.

Is this a bounty suggestion? Who wants to pool some money?

twa

Reaction score
Yes with the moves they have made they are getting desperate .This is great to see because before they kept a tight reign on the cap.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Roughneck said:
I have to think it is. Even if they get to the Game and lose, I'd still think it would still be viewed as a failure in the eyes of their "oh-so-caring" fans.

Also, I can't help but think how the Eagles have fared when facing pressure in their biggest game in each of the last 3 years (NFC Championship = 0-3). How will Philadelphia do now that the pressure has been turned up a couple of major notches? Were the acquisitions of an recently-injured Defensive End and a loud-mouthed, cancerous Wide Receiver enough to offset this heavy burden? I guess only time will tell.

A super bowl loss is a disappointment for any team that reaches the big game, even if they are the underdogs...however, getting to the Super Bowl this year would be a good season for the Eagles after missing the past 3 years...they made some splashy signings and if that takes them to the next level, even a loss would still be a step forward.

Funny how some of the guys who think anything less than a SB win for them is a failure, but the same guys seem to think it's okay for Dallas to finish at worst than last year's 10-6 and playoffs mark...I don't. If we finish 8-8, this season will be a disappointment to me...period. There's never a reason to expect to go backwards unless you have cap problems that force the cutting of good players.

jay cee

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
A super bowl loss is a disappointment for any team that reaches the big game, even if they are the underdogs...however, getting to the Super Bowl this year would be a good season for the Eagles after missing the past 3 years...they made some splashy signings and if that takes them to the next level, even a loss would still be a step forward.

Funny how some of the guys who think anything less than a SB win for them is a failure, but the same guys seem to think it's okay for Dallas to finish at worst than last year's 10-6 and playoffs mark...I don't. If we finish 8-8, this season will be a disappointment to me...period. There's never a reason to expect to go backwards unless you have cap problems that force the cutting of good players.

I couldn't agree more Wayne.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
New contract for Andy Reid - $10.57 million dollars

New pass rusher for the defense (Jevon Kearse) - $28.73 million dollars

New wide receiver for McNabb (Terrell Owens) - $32.55 million dollars

Watching the Eagles blow another NFC Championship?

Priceless.

mastercard.jpg

AJM1613

Reaction score
twa said:
Yes with the moves they have made they are getting desperate .This is great to see because before they kept a tight reign on the cap.
Actually before we signed these two players we were WAY under the cap (about 30 million). After front loading these two player's contract, we are still 10 million under the cap, and in great shape for the future.

twa

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Actually before we signed these two players we were WAY under the cap (about 30 million). After front loading these two player's contract, we are still 10 million under the cap, and in great shape for the future.
thats what I ment by the tight rein.They have done a good job cycling players out as their salarys grew. :D

tufffguy

Reaction score
Roughneck said:

catch anything yet, sparky?
ph_recreational-fishing.gif[IMG]

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
Philly fans shouldn't get their hopes up to far with all this Superbowl talk.

Really once everyone starts giving their "superbowl predictions" you're going to see that Patriots versus Eagles matchup come up all over the place. And just like every year nobody is even close to the correct matchup. I mean come on, Panthers vs Patriots, Raiders vs Tampa, Rams vs Patriots ....You just never know.

The Patriots and tbe Eagles probably won't even make the playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me a bit.

InParcellsWetrust

Reaction score
BillsFan said:

Really once everyone starts giving their "superbowl predictions" you're going to see that Patriots versus Eagles matchup come up all over the place. And just like every year nobody is even close to the correct matchup. I mean come on, Panthers vs Patriots, Raiders vs Tampa, Rams vs Patriots ....You just never know.

The Patriots and tbe Eagles probably won't even make the playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me a bit.

I agree it could happen New England and Philly could miss the playoffs but until that happens I see New England as the only legit contender gettin back to the super bowl and maybe winning it all just my opinion of course.

tufffguy

Reaction score
BillsFan said:

this is why i can't wait for the season to start and watch the eagles bring the lombardi to philly- although... there are reasons not to skip summer- (the babes sunbathing on the coast for one) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.