Is Bill Bellichick the guy Jerry wants?

Chappy

Reaction score
Pats go down tonight and Brady goes into retirement or elsewhere it will get real interesting. ;)

garyo1954

Reaction score
No. Bellichick and Bob Kraft have been friends since the Bill Parcell days. There were reports Bill Bellichick sat next to Kraft on the flight home. And the conspiracy theory that the day the Jets announced Bellichick as Head Coach of the NY Jets, he left with briefcase in hand, appearing at the press conference to relinquish his position and return to Kraft and the Patriots.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having not made a call yet on Garrett the clapper tells me the coach/guy he wants is still coaching and the rumors on a few other message boards is that JJ is heavily invested in Bill Bellichick but as we all know his Pats are playing in the WC games this weekend.

Whether or not it happens is anyones guess but i would be surprised if JJ goes the untried route/or collegiate level coach with the current roster we have. Jones and Bellichick go back a fair way and by no means are strangers at all and when BB was leaving the Browns in 1995 he approached JJ for a job as his first port of call but JJ had already committed to Switzer after his SB triumph from memory and then BB went to the Pats and the rest is history.

Now this is by no means fact that he is chasing BB but stranger things have happened before and nearly everyone knows the Pats are not winning another SB anytime soon with old man Brady getting older every day.
Lots to play out here regarding our next coach IMO and watch this space. ;)
Nice happy ending story. I wouldn't mind rooting for him, and I am sure he would like to have Belichick here.
However...
Is Belichick ready to take a back seat to Jones?
Jerry recently mentioned that he (paraphrasing) is learning to be a better GM - which means to me that he thinks he is getting close to winning it all his way. His win-now urge is kicking in, especially given his age. Tick tick tick tick...

garyv

Reaction score
Having not made a call yet on Garrett the clapper tells me the coach/guy he wants is still coaching and the rumors on a few other message boards is that JJ is heavily invested in Bill Bellichick but as we all know his Pats are playing in the WC games this weekend.

Whether or not it happens is anyones guess but i would be surprised if JJ goes the untried route/or collegiate level coach with the current roster we have. Jones and Bellichick go back a fair way and by no means are strangers at all and when BB was leaving the Browns in 1995 he approached JJ for a job as his first port of call but JJ had already committed to Switzer after his SB triumph from memory and then BB went to the Pats and the rest is history.

Now this is by no means fact that he is chasing BB but stranger things have happened before and nearly everyone knows the Pats are not winning another SB anytime soon with old man Brady getting older every day.

This is,why Im pulling for Patriots to loose because we should find out soon if its Belecek or McDaniels or neither

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

Good Lord......HUGE BANNER and yet you post this?

Chappy

Reaction score
Good Lord......HUGE BANNER and yet you post this?
Have a look at the date i posted it champ.

Banner was no where to be seen then but thanks for the under cover work Magnum P.I.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Let's hope so and that way jerrah can step the h--- out of the way and let's get back to winning. Exactly what Louis Reddick said this evening before the games today. That jerrah way has failed and he should have remembered his best days were when he let JJ and the Tuna run things not him.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Have a look at the date i posted it champ.

Banner was no where to be seen then but thanks for the under cover work Magnum P.I.
Ok, champ.....

You still think your thread has ANY merit?

How about Santa Claus, Rudolph?

Flamma

Reaction score
Belichick and Jerry Jones would mesh about as well as a can of raid and a cockroach.

Aka, a match made in Hell.

Yeah. Isn't Bill pretty much the acting GM? You couldn't have described it better.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My perception of Reality's warning was about the multitude of new threads with a centralized theme, "Jason Garrett, Jerry/Stephen Jones, etc. or the firing and hiring process." Seems to be fairly specific.
Edited

Chappy

Reaction score
Ok, champ.....

You still think your thread has ANY merit?

How about Santa Claus, Rudolph?
Maybe / Maybe not. I never said it was FACT.

This is an online forum though for discussion about the Cowboys though.