Is Charger's Mike Williams calling out our DBs?

khiladi

Reaction score
That's gonna fire our guys up! I bet Herbert only throws for 320 yards now instead of 350!

You messed up, Williams!

After watching him this Sunday, Herbert is next level.... That guy is constantly challenging DBs on the deep intermediate routes, throwing dimes and rockets without any gimmicky play calling and he's just in his second year. If I was a Chargers fan, I'd be giddy...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
After watching him this Sunday, Herbert is next level.... That guy is constantly challenging DBs on the deep intermediate routes, throwing dimes and rockets without any gimmicky play calling and he's just in his second year.
Herbert is the real deal.

He had the best rookie QB season ever stat wise last year and he looks even better this year.

khiladi

Reaction score
Herbert is the real deal.

He had the best rookie QB season ever stat wise last year and he looks even better this year.

His intermediate throws with their accuracy, quick release remind me of prime Aikman. Does he even have a running game that would force more man coverage looks? If he did, just call it quits if your the defense.... When you get older, you appreciate individual talent way more that isn't on your favorite team. I hope their FO doesn't ruin his all-world potential to go down as one of the all-time greats.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After watching him this Sunday, Herbert is next level.... That guy is constantly challenging DBs on the deep intermediate routes, throwing dimes and rockets without any gimmicky play calling and he's just in his second year. If I was a Chargers fan, I'd be giddy...

I would be giddy, but cautionary. We have no idea how this game will play out. Herbert just might get rushed, sacked, and frazzled; that his receivers have limited action.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
His intermediate throws with their accuracy, quick release remind me of prime Aikman. Does he even have a running game that would force more man coverage looks? If he did, just call it quits if your the defense.... When you get older, you appreciate individual talent way more that isn't on your favorite team. I hope their FO doesn't ruin his all-world potential to go down as one of the all-time greats.
He was my dark horse for the MVP this year. I feel good about that pick. Hopefully Sunday will be an off day for him lol

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Good chance we give up 30 again. Just not enough good players on defense to match up with elite offenses.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This is what you call ultimate disrespect. Teams used to fear mouthing off at us because Larry Allen or James Washington or Emmitt Smith or Eric Williams, et al would make them pay. In fact, we used to do the talking: “We will win the ballgame, and you can put it in three-inch headlines. We will win the ballgame.”

Now, it's just an endless stream of insults with teams laughing at us, mocking our predictable play calling and talking smack, and we just turn over, let teams scratch our bellies and then ask for "More please."

I'm just sick of it!

Can we get a coach in here who can change the culture, please?

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Their next step is to acquire an Emmitt. Maybe we can interest them in a Zeke? :huh: ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I would be giddy, but cautionary. We have no idea how this game will play out. Herbert just might get rushed, sacked, and frazzled; that his receivers have limited action.
I think we have the offense to keep up. If the WFT had the Cowboys offense, it would have been no contest, and Washington wins.
Of course, we don't have Washington's defense so this will be an interesting game.
If this (the Cowboys) is a different team with a different mentality than previous years, we win this game.
We shall see.

JBS

Reaction score
People in here are mad, Lolol. As if this group of DBs will do something about it. Please.