Is Dak only a Tier 2 QB?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With Dallas Cowboys training camp practices on the horizon, eyes will be on the field for the first time in a while. The person that will likely be the center of attention is the face of the franchise, quarterback Dak Prescott.

Prescott is to many a highly regarded talent in the league, but according to a survey by The Athletic of 50 coaches and executives across the NFL, Prescott is a Tier 2 quarterback. In fact, he comes in just outside of the top 10 at No. 11.

Tier 1:
1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (1.00 Voting Average)
2. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs (1.02)
3. Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1.16)
4. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills (1.22)
5. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers (1.28)
6. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals (1.34)
Tier 2:
7. Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams (1.68)
8. Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos (1.72)
9. Deshaun Watson, Cleveland Browns (1.88)
10. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens (2.00)
11. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys (2.10)
12. Derek Carr, Las Vegas Raiders (2.10)
13. Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals (2.32)
14. Matt Ryan, Indianapolis Colts (2.46)

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-rumor-update-quarterback-dak-prescott-training-camp

HungryLion

Reaction score
With Dallas Cowboys training camp practices on the horizon, eyes will be on the field for the first time in a while. The person that will likely be the center of attention is the face of the franchise, quarterback Dak Prescott.

Prescott is to many a highly regarded talent in the league, but according to a survey by The Athletic of 50 coaches and executives across the NFL, Prescott is a Tier 2 quarterback. In fact, he comes in just outside of the top 10 at No. 11.

Tier 1:
Tier 2:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-rumor-update-quarterback-dak-prescott-training-camp

I am fine with him being in tier 2. Once you’re in tier 2. The line between him and the other QB’s is so small it’s hard to quantify an exact order.

I would have him above Deshaun and Lamar at this point.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with this ranking . This still places Dak in the upper half echelon of NFL qb’s.

All of which franchises should be able to build around.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is the criteria that they use to separates the tiers?
Again this is just results / opinions of a poll or survey from a select group. They questions can be asked in such a way to get certain results.

Brax

Reaction score
This was posted yesterday.

This is your 8th Dak thread in 13 days.

You're obsessed.
He believes he’s on a mission from a troll god to get a Dak forum so only Dak posts can be posted there and if he keeps doing this his hope is it will happen. His belief is only his his view on how the CZ is run is valid. Not sure why the mods are allowing this constant trolling on his part. He feels he is allowed to troll because in his mind he’s doing what’s right, anyone else who does it should be banned pretty sad imo.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Tier 1:
Tier 2:

About where he should be, but Murray and Carr could easily pass Dak and move up this list.
Carr having Adams now can totally change his ranking, can change his perception.
Peeps thought Stafford was a crap Detroit QB, but gets a change of scenery, and meets Kupp and bingo.
Its all about building the performance enabled environment, then you let players finally find what they know how to do already, just never had the supporting cast around them.
Dak has the perfect supporting cast around him, he was wasting Coops WR1 status, Coop knew it and Dak knows it.
Dak will be a better QB with RB/WR profile recievers, TEs that can catch, and why Dalton is the franchise.
That is not a knock on Dak, that is this FO finally realizing that overpaying for a WR1 is a waste of cap space on this team.
Dak needs intermediate targets with high YAC percentile rankings.
Pollard and Washington could be Daks best WRs.
CD will have to be patient for his opportunities.
Coop realized Daks defciency and politely stepped out.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
What tier was Brad Johnson on when he won a Super Bowl?

Trent Dilfer?
Joe Flacco?
Nick Foles?
Eli Manning?

Yeah I'm pretty sure those guys were better than Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Tony Romo, Drew Bledsoe, and Jim Kelly.

Hint, hint...it's not about how good your QB is, it's about how good your team is. Good teams win Super Bowls people.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He believes he’s on a mission from a troll god to get a Dak forum so only Dak post a can be posted there and if he keeps doing this his hope is it will happen. His belief is only his his view on how the CZ is run is valid. Not sure why the mods are allowing this constant trolling on his part. He feels he is allowed to troll because in his mind he’s doing what’s right, anyone else who does it should be banned pretty sad imo.
Its allowed because its a thread driver, this thread will be over 300 responses in no time.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Trent Dilfer?
Joe Flacco?
Nick Foles?
Eli Manning?

Yeah I'm pretty sure those guys were better than Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Tony Romo, Drew Bledsoe, and Jim Kelly.

Hint, hint...it's not about how good your QB is, it's about how good your team is. Good teams win Super Bowls people.
The Chicago Bears got to the SB with Rex Grossman. The same Rex Grossman who was denied entry to the Washington facility because they didn't know who he was after he signed there.

That Defense was legit. Chicago not Washington.

I also truly believe the league pushed Chicago into the SB mainly so that Peyton could finally get a ring lol. But that's my tin foil hat speaking.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to get surveys from AT&T, DTV, other places. If I gave favorable answers, I received more surveys. If I gave bad or negative answers, I stopped getting surveys.
Thing is, it all meant nothing one way or the other.

I really have no issue with this. Except I would put Dak ahead of Jackson and Watson. As they insists on making these QB's to be the next in the elite line when neither has accomplished anything.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Trent Dilfer?
Joe Flacco?
Nick Foles?
Eli Manning?

nonsense and you know it

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I used to get surveys from AT&T, DTV, other places. If I gave favorable answers, I received more surveys. If I gave bad or negative answers, I stopped getting surveys.
Thing is, it all meant nothing one way or the other.

I really have no issue with this. Except I would put Dak ahead of Jackson and Watson. As they insists on making these QB's to be the next in the elite line when neither has accomplished anything.
Yes Jazz, the world is all about pumping the gas pedal, there is no longer a reason to have brakes.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Trent Dilfer?
Joe Flacco?
Nick Foles?
Eli Manning?

Joe Flacco had the best post season for a QB in NFL history. His defense gave up over 30 points TWICE in those playoffs and they still won.

Eli Manning is a 2 time Super Bowl MVP.

Nick Foles played lights out in the playoffs and won Super Bowl MVP also.

Those QBs should not be lumped in with Dilfer and Johnson. Because Foles, Manning, and Flacco played great when it mattered most.