1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Video: Is Dak Prescott A Top QB In NFL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DogFace, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

8,333 Messages
    9,746 Likes Received
    I think your on to something. When your biggest weakness is your arm strength and your mechanics that's not good for a QB. And it's a guarantee that's the first thing to breakdown under pressure. That's why you want a QB who is a natural thrower. Everything that's wrong with Dak is about the worst you want your QB to have.

Hawkeye19 and Swagger like this.
  2. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Well-Known Member

8,525 Messages
    12,747 Likes Received
    That's his Achilles heel.

3. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

4,806 Messages
    5,573 Likes Received
    The Bulldog v 'bama game back in 2014 was very revealing. Prescott was a running QB with real burst. Credit to him for working so hard at his game as whilst, compared with the top tier of QBs in the NFL, he isn't a good thrower of a football, credit is due as he used to be so much worse (believe it or not!) and he's a starting calibre QB in thw NFL. He threw 3 picks in the aforementioned game and it seems like he became obsessed with being risk averse when throwing a football.

Hadenough, Vtwin and BobSacamano like this.
  4. Brooksey

Brooksey Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,060 Messages
    5,728 Likes Received
    Haha

Pantone282C likes this.
  5. Pantone282C

8,525 Messages
    12,747 Likes Received
    "Next year" is a moving target, much like Zeno's arrow paradox - just occupying space and unable to actually arrive.

Brax and BobSacamano like this.
  6. Pantone282C

8,525 Messages
    12,747 Likes Received
    Sorry, I meant no reference to his injury. I really think he can't cope well with certain coverages.
    I just like to reference Greek philosophy. That, and Mark Twain.

Vtwin likes this.
  7. charron

charron Well-Known Member

10,739 Messages
    11,235 Likes Received
    He's a slightly above average QB.

8. BobSacamano

BobSacamano Well-Known Member

1,619 Messages
    1,575 Likes Received
    Was going to call you pretentious until you brought up Mark Twain

Pantone282C likes this.
  9. Pantone282C

8,525 Messages
    12,747 Likes Received
    I'm still pretentious. I just look noble doing it.

Vtwin and BobSacamano like this.
  10. RaZon

RaZon Well-Known Member

4,443 Messages
    3,186 Likes Received
    I get mad at Dak for asking to be paid as if he were one of the elite, that was simply wrong. What was he thinking? He knew how much Zeke was costing us and had no thoughts at all about how another big contract would hurt the team? Oh yeah this is a business forget all that just think of you, well he did that and now look at this mess..

Goes like this....

Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Wilson
    Allen, Stafford, Burrow, Carr

Ok right around here we can start talking Dak

11. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

34,885 Messages
    84,316 Likes Received
    There’s Cowboy fans who really wanna take a Daniel Jonesesque risk by getting rid of Dak Prescott. They think whoever comes in will automatically be the next Brady.

Talk about psychological entitlement! :laugh:

12. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

35,958 Messages
    38,729 Likes Received
    After Herbert. And possibly Tannehill. He appears to have taken a big step this year. Matt Ryan also.

13. Steve007

Steve007 Well-Known Member

555 Messages
    547 Likes Received
    The cowboys have not drafted a quarterback in the first round since Troy Aikman. So of course it didn't work out. Jerry wants to prove himself a genius by drafting a late round qb and coming up with the next Tom Brady.

Pantone282C likes this.
  14. zeke21

zeke21 Well-Known Member

1,045 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    I think there would be great merit in going and getting a guy like Carr. Bit like Stafford.. you know you are getting a guy that has looked good despite being surrounded by poo. I think Carr would make this offence sing.

I will get shouted at.. but if we could get Cousins on a team friendly deal.. I think he would be worth it too.

I'd also move heaven and earth to get Wilson.. he takes us to a SB no doubt.

15. kwcool619

kwcool619 Well-Known Member

801 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    Lamar Jackson isn't bad either

16. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

4,068 Messages
    4,183 Likes Received
    So basically he's still somewhere between 8 and 12 depending on how you see some of the young guys in the league. It's funny as they describe him as it sounds very similar to Romo's career.

No doubt Dak is over paid, but the question becomes do you jettison a QB who's not elite but a top 1/3 guy in hopes of finding an elite QB? To do it you either have to take a chance on a rookie that can set you way back or give up serious draft capital for a Wilson or Rodgers. If you do that they better be able to mask deficiencies elsewhere.

At this point the Cowboys are locked up with Dak atleast for the next 2 seasons so opposed to complaining I rather figure out what's needed to help our 40 million QB get to a Super Bowl. Coaching and improving both trenches is a great start.

Pantone282C likes this.
  17. Pantone282C

8,525 Messages
    12,747 Likes Received
    That is the real issue. How can Dallas afford to pay for the quality players needed with the cap issues?

18. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

4,068 Messages
    4,183 Likes Received
    It is and I don't expect them to retain many of their own free agents this year even though there's a lot of money to be moved around. They have 12 guys that played a significant role set to hit the market. I'm sure a few will be back, but the Cowboys are going to have significant needs at oline, dline, safeties, tes, wide receivers, and lbs. You hope guys like Cox, Israel, Ball, Golston, and Bohanna are ready to step up. Then you hope to find some guys that can instantly contribute in the draft. The Cowboys are in a good draft spot where ol, safeties, and lbs tend to be good values in the 1st round. I do hope they retain Schultz but may have to go TE in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Pantone282C likes this.
  19. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

27,197 Messages
    28,177 Likes Received
    Define top qb?
    He is probably is in the 10th best range.
    Unfortunately for us he is making a top 3 qb salary.

DogFace likes this.
  20. DogFace

DogFace Carharris2

11,899 Messages
    13,658 Likes Received
    Some other QB’s will reset that market soon. I get your point though.

john van brocklin likes this.